Page 112 of 338 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 5068
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    My memory is worse than Biden's, and I'm 20+ years younger. Everyone makes gaffes or slipups, especially when they have to respond to something on the fly, without prep.
    And no one would pay attention if he was minding the corner shop, but for someone who's supposedly holding the most important job in the world, he doesn't measure up.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I didn't watch it, but all I've been hearing is that it was hours of Putin giving a history lesson and pretty much mocking Tucker for the entire time, while Tucker had to sit there and take it with a smile on his face.
    I didn't either, but that sounds bizarre. Any example you can quote?

Quote Originally Posted by comictimes View Post
    And no one would pay attention if he was minding the corner shop, but for someone who's supposedly holding the most important job in the world, he doesn't measure up.
    Considering what he has accomplished, I'd say he is measuring up just fine.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Biden probably did himself irreparable harm at his press conference yesterday, he needs to drop out and let California Governor Gavin Newsom take over, he'd run circles around trump!

The fact the White House got a new spokesman to speak for Biden about the Special Counsel's decision says a lot. His team doesn't trust him to appear before the press, they don't want him making anymore public mistakes that show his possible cognitive decline. Call Newsom, call Michelle Obama, call somebody!

This is turning into the RBG debacle 2.0.

Astonishing Member

Kamala going off on the integrity of the Special prosecutor

Invincible Member

I didn't either, but that sounds bizarre. Any example you can quote?
    Here's a couple of clips that are going viral

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/s...48231760183771

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/s...57290953515479

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/s...92833900937595
    Last edited by ed2962; 02-09-2024 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Kamala going off on the integrity of the Special prosecutor
    That wasn't great, but it was better than the yahoo they totted out today in Biden's defense. That guy was immediately flustered and on his back foot, he wasn't ready for prime time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Biden probably did himself irreparable harm at his press conference yesterday, he needs to drop out and let California Governor Gavin Newsom take over, he'd run circles around trump!

The fact the White House got a new spokesman to speak for Biden about the Special Counsel's decision says a lot. His team doesn't trust him to appear before the press, they don't want him making anymore public mistakes that show his possible cognitive decline. Call Newsom, call Michelle Obama, call somebody!

I've literally never heard anybody say anything good about Gavin Newsom. I imagine it would basically just be a forfeit if that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I've literally never heard anybody say anything good about Gavin Newsom. I imagine it would basically just be a forfeit if that happened.
    Gavin Newsom is 56, he has clear and concise rebuttals to right-wing talking points, he's already running a shadow Presidential campaign and he's a hail mary the republicans would be unprepared for.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    WTF? Why should the survey about transgender people be conducted on people who don't identify as trans? This seems to be the usual "I don't like the results (that confirm what people qualified in the field have been saying for years BTW), so I will find any argument to discredit it."
    It seems plausible that some of the people who are unhappy after transitioning would no longer consider themselves trans, so if we're trying to determine what percentage of people are happier after transitioning, this isn't the way to do it.

It's a bit like looking at whether the Catholic church is successful by limiting the questions to current Catholics. That is going to exclude the people who left the church. Likewise, a poll about whether people are happily married might say different things about the strength of the institution depending on the divorce rate.

The thing about polls is, you conduct a hundred, keep 99 in the drawer and publish the one that's convenient. When I read 94% I think, "that's the best you could get"?
    I don't think that explanation tracks here.

The whole point of the poll is to be the biggest survey, counting everybody who wants to be counted. That can't be done 100 times, especially with the hope of getting different results.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Gavin Newsom is 56, he has clear and concise rebuttals to right-wing talking points, he's already running a shadow Presidential campaign and he's a hail mary the republicans would be unprepared for.
    How does the Democratic party sub in Newsom?

As a practical matter, if Biden announced he's not running for another term, I don't see anyone other than Kamala Harris getting the nomination (unless she has a health issue, or criminal problems.) I'm open for any explanation on the process by which someone else is picked where the incumbent Vice President (the first woman elected to national office) is outmaneuvered, especially given the Democratic party's focus on identity politics.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

SCOTUS judges don't have Vice Judges. So apples/oranges, as #30 would say.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Considering what he has accomplished, I'd say he is measuring up just fine.
    You're calling up his legacy way too early.

Tucker's fake laugh makes the first one of those entirely, the last one's mockery is in the viewer's imagination. The one about the CIA, yeah, that's mocking. One instance, in the span of 2+ hours, hardly seems like the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    SCOTUS judges don't have Vice Judges. So apples/oranges, as #30 would say.
    No, it's the exact same thing, a person in power refusing to step down due to their own vanity, that ultimately results in the destruction of their life's work.

I'd think they've been preparing for it for a while. Newsom isn't really talked about outside of California except by the kind of Republican talking heads that treat California like some hellblasted Mad Max wasteland and act like Gavin Newsom is Master Blaster. He just doesn't have enough of a nation presence. People at least know and kind of like Joe Biden, even if they treat him like their grandpa that's been on the same job for 60 years. Without a campaign, debates, or the right media coverage he'll just be letting the Republicans control the narrative. And that's just asking to lose.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It seems plausible that some of the people who are unhappy after transitioning would no longer consider themselves trans, so if we're trying to determine what percentage of people are happier after transitioning, this isn't the way to do it.

It's a bit like looking at whether the Catholic church is successful by limiting the questions to current Catholics. That is going to exclude the people who left the church. Likewise, a poll about whether people are happily married might say different things about the strength of the institution depending on the divorce rate.

I don't think that explanation tracks here.

The whole point of the poll is to be the biggest survey, counting everybody who wants to be counted. That can't be done 100 times, especially with the hope of getting different results.
    I mean, is that statistically important? With how few people actually de-transition (<1%-5% considering the study) their level of happiness(or lack their of) after transitioning doesn't seem like adding it would skew the data in any way.

Which is why the comparison to Catholicism doesn't track, as where there aren't many people who de-transistion there are many people who are lapsed Catholics or have stopped believing entirely and the same is true with marriages.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 02-09-2024 at 01:57 PM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!