Page 221 of 342 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271321 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 5118

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Let's get real here. Embryos had probably been accidentally destroyed at facilities before, in other words, sh*t happens, but I never heard of any hue and cry over that before. In my cynical opinion, the only reason Alabama jumped on it this time was for the sake of making cheap political points to gin up the holier than thou base which, frankly speaking, should mind their own damn business.
    If embryos are destroyed, it can be a meaningful loss, regardless of whether someone thinks it's a living thing or the equivalent of a seed that they have high hopes for.

The legal decision seemed to be judges figuring out the implications of existing state laws and a constitutional provision passed five years ago with support of 59 percent of voters.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...e-court-944166

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Don't forget Candance Owens! Although, she's been on a tear lately with her anti-semitism...I can't imagine her lasting very much longer at Daily Wire if she doesn't tone it down a bit.
    She is staking her professional reputation on the French presidential spouse (technically France does not an official position like first lady) being trans.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/daily-...y-being-a-man/

Brigitte Macron has been a public figure for years in a very scrutinized relationship, and had three children with her first husband, so this seems like it would have a paper trail.

I know some people here don't like interviews with controversial/ deplorable figures because they see it as platforming, but I do recommend Bill Maher's Club Random conversation with Candace Owens. I did stop listening after she started talking about why she thinks the moon landing was faked, but she just came across as such a ditz. I'm having a tough time naming a public figure who seems dumber. Some celebrities have said stupid stuff, but usually they got to be famous by doing something impressive.

It seems another streamer announced Tate's plans to flee Romania.

https://www.mediaite.com/crime/andre...-flee-romania/

Apologies to all of his fans on this thread, but what an idiot.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Let's get real here. Embryos had probably been accidentally destroyed at facilities before, in other words, sh*t happens, but I never heard of any hue and cry over that before. In my cynical opinion, the only reason Alabama jumped on it this time was for the sake of making cheap political points to gin up the holier than thou base which, frankly speaking, should mind their own damn business.
    Probably the reason we never heard of 'outrage' over this before is that it was a fringe feeling in the extreme end of the right to life movement. Those extremists have found more power now that Roe has been overturned and abortion has been outlawed in several states. They've seen that they can win, so now they want to push it further and further.

This stuff is going to continue until there is legislation passed by congress guaranteeing a woman's right to choose. And that won't happen as long as there are enough Republican's in the House and Senate to block it.

Just saw on my news. Trump has vowed to free all the terrorists that have been arrested and imprisoned from Jan 6th. Said it would be a day one priority.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...ted-rcna142894
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Republicans say Britt being treated like Sarah Palin 2.0

Alabama Sen. Katie Britt’s (R) debut on the national political stage is prompting comparisons to another fiery conservative mom: former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R).

The comparisons took a new life late Saturday, when Britt’s theatrical appearance was parodied by Scarlett Johansson on “Saturday Night Live” — much as Palin was parodied by Tina Fey in 2008.
    Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) posted on the social media platform X that Britt’s delivery was “over-the-top” and “out of character,” just like Biden’s, but he opined “the media overreaction to hers” and lenient response to Biden “tells us who liberals most fear as VP nominee.”

Vin Weber, a GOP strategist, agreed with Romney’s assessment that Democrats see Britt as a real threat and want to clip her wings as quickly as possible, which is what they tried to do to Palin when she threatened to pull women voters away from former President Obama in 2008.
    See even when people point to Romney as a non MAGA GOP or one of the old "regular" GOP. This comment is insane. Acting like Katie Brit is being unfairly treated. She flat out lied on national tv about a victim's story. Knowing damn well she meant to suggest that it was a recent story under Biden's tenure. And was found out the very next day. No accountability. Poor her shes being attacked.

But, they act like victims and shes being picked on. Instead of owning their complete failure of a response. I would never vote for ANY GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Just saw on my news. Trump has vowed to free all the terrorists that have been arrested and imprisoned from Jan 6th. Said it would be a day one priority.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...ted-rcna142894
    I would like to see "Independents" etc justify this. Bad enough people would think of re electing Trump. But just to show you he thinks January 6th was justified he wants to free all the people who were convicted. I mean 4 White Nationalists were convicted of seditious conspiracy. Thats cool to just pardon? I guess so if you were the leader of the conspiracy ie Trump.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 03-12-2024 at 01:44 PM.

Does Romeny not watch any news channel where even on CNN they bash Biden and question his speaking ability and flubs? The media is very hard on Biden and to say it is one sided against Britt is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Probably the reason we never heard of 'outrage' over this before is that it was a fringe feeling in the extreme end of the right to life movement. Those extremists have found more power now that Roe has been overturned and abortion has been outlawed in several states. They've seen that they can win, so now they want to push it further and further.

This stuff is going to continue until there is legislation passed by congress guaranteeing a woman's right to choose. And that won't happen as long as there are enough Republican's in the House and Senate to block it.
    There have certainly been cases in UK where people have been deeply, deeply upset when embryos have been accidentally destroyed.

Honestly, I think most people can readily and easily empathise with that…those embryos may be a woman’s only chance to have a baby of “her own”, when they are harvested just before a cancer treatment (say) which will destroy her fertility.

I think people are right to be outraged if embryos are destroyed carelessly. (But…implications of Alabama ruling goes way beyond need to place strong safeguards to avoid accidental loss or destruction, and is, I think, poor law. It would make some types of fertility research impossible if upheld.)
    Last edited by JackDaw; 03-12-2024 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Republicans say Britt being treated like Sarah Palin 2.0

See even when people point to Romney as a non MAGA GOP or one of the old "regular" GOP. This comment is insane. Acting like Katie Brit is being unfairly treated. She flat out lied on national tv about a victim's story. Knowing damn well she meant to suggest that it was a recent story under Biden's tenure. And was found out the very next day. No accountability. Poor her shes being attacked.

But, they act like victims and shes being picked on. Instead of owning their complete failure of a response. I would never vote for ANY GOP.

I would like to see "Independents" etc justify this. Bad enough people would think of re electing Trump. But just to show you he thinks January 6th was justified he wants to free all the people who were convicted. I mean 4 White Nationalists were convicted of seditious conspiracy. Thats cool to just pardon? I guess so if you were the leader of the conspiracy ie Trump.
    Was Romney not aware that most of the more vocal criticisms came from Republicans? That was the major headlines I kept reading: "Republicans wonder what the hell was she thinking?"

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    It's a satire website. Still, what the Pope originally said was bat **** crazy.
    Yeah, I should've labeled it as satire more explicitly. Can't be too sure these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    Yeah, I should've labeled it as satire more explicitly. Can't be too sure these days.
    There's so many tankies with news shows and articles that aren't that different from satire it becomes hard to tell when Putin's current push for conquest comes up.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Next thing you know, these nutcase extremists will come after men, screaming bloody murder about how the end result of spanking the monkey is tantamount to murder.
    I always loved the George Carlin line in his routine about right-to-lifers where he says, "What, any woman who's had more than one period is a serial killer?".

You can see it starting at the 4:02 mark in this video.

Last edited by Deathstroke; 03-12-2024 at 04:03 PM.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Was Romney not aware that most of the more vocal criticisms came from Republicans? That was the major headlines I kept reading: "Republicans wonder what the hell was she thinking?"
    I’m guessing Romney was aware, but wasn’t about to bash a fellow Qpublican when it was easier to come down on the media instead.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

The Pentagon is sending Ukraine $300M of weaponry as an emergency stopgap, after scraping together enough paper savings to cover it. That makes me feel a lot better in the near term.

And to make my day even better, House Dems have (finally!) started a discharge petition aiming to bring the Senate's foreign-defense aid bill up for a House vote. It needs to gather 218 supporters and currently has 169, all Dems:
    https://clerk.house.gov/DischargePet...ongressNum=118

There's also a rival petition from Fitzpatrick (R) and gang to push a lesser aid bill, with some border provisions and no humanitarian aid. It currently has 12 signers, including 5 Dems who've also signed onto the other petition.

For some good news...a loss for that vile loser, Desantis

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If embryos are destroyed, it can be a meaningful loss, regardless of whether someone thinks it's a living thing or the equivalent of a seed that they have high hopes for.

The legal decision seemed to be judges figuring out the implications of existing state laws and a constitutional provision passed five years ago with support of 59 percent of voters.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...e-court-944166

She is staking her professional reputation on the French presidential spouse (technically France does not an official position like first lady) being trans.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/daily-...y-being-a-man/

Brigitte Macron has been a public figure for years in a very scrutinized relationship, and had three children with her first husband, so this seems like it would have a paper trail.

I know some people here don't like interviews with controversial/ deplorable figures because they see it as platforming, but I do recommend Bill Maher's Club Random conversation with Candace Owens. I did stop listening after she started talking about why she thinks the moon landing was faked, but she just came across as such a ditz. I'm having a tough time naming a public figure who seems dumber. Some celebrities have said stupid stuff, but usually they got to be famous by doing something impressive.

It seems another streamer announced Tate's plans to flee Romania.

https://www.mediaite.com/crime/andre...-flee-romania/

Apologies to all of his fans on this thread, but what an idiot.
    She's uninformed on alot of topics, but I don't think she's dumb at all. She discovered that she can have a career just by saying the stupidest crap and it doesn't matter if its true, just that she pitches it to the right audience. She claimed that the immigrant detention centers were giving people Zumba lessons, that the US should invade Canada, and that the NRA started out as an anti-slavery group that taught slaves to defend themselves against the Klan. There's no way she actually believes any of this. But lately she seems to be pushing things as far as she can...in addition to the above, she's also now talking about the gang of Jewish people who are running a blackmailing ring to control the folks in Hollywood and in Washington DC ( now that's old school anti-semitism...)

It's like creating a structure that isolates some students with top down rhetoric that paints them as predators/dangerous/different creates a permissive atmosphere for violence -- something someone who is genuinely concerned about slippery slopes might take notice of.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...mes-incidents/

hatecrimes.jpg