Page 249 of 341 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 5105
    Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Seems that hiring one of Trump's co-conspirators is causing friction within the NBC family:

MSNBC president Rashida Jones told employees that the liberal-leaning news network has no plans to put new NBC News contributor Ronna McDaniel on the cable outlet, the Wall Street Journal reports, citing an internal memo.

The news comes after NBC News hired former Republican National Committee chair McDaniel as an on-air contributor, leading to rage among members of the MSNBC staff that spilled over onto social media.

The network had previously said that McDaniel would appear across all NBC News platforms, which include MSNBC, but the memo appears to indicate there’s at least no immediate plan for her to be a contributor on the network. McDaniel is set to debut in her new role this Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Imagine if any of these red states that are so easily able to go after trans healthcare actually spent that energy on improving healthcare for the majority of their residents? They’re all among the worst states for health in the country, but to your point, their voters don’t seem to give a crap about living better or longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The vast vast majority of wealthy Christians don’t seem to interpret it that way.

The belief seems to be “Money and the wealthy class are good and if you’re poor it means you aren’t working hard enough and you aren’t a good Christian.”
    You can trace these ideas back to the 1970’s with Howard Jarvis and the anti-tax movement in California, Reagan’s campaign and administration and the Libertarian and Tea Party movements. It’s all about rich, white evangelicals and other billionaires protecting their wealth from the government by influencing the working masses to vote against their own interests.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Have we discussed that the Tennessee State Senate passed a bill banning ‘chemtrails’?

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...w/73027586007/

Take a WILD guess at the party affiliation of the sponsors…

THIS is the performative nonsense the GOP is pushing instead of actually doing their job. This is the caliber of politician Republican voters support. If THIS is the kind of bill that gets them re-elected by their constituents instead of laughed out of politics forever? Their districts should forfeit all right to vote until the voters there are able to pass the kind of civics/political literacy test that they demand immigrants pass.
    To be fair, the bill does not actually mention chemtrails and seems to pertain only to the practice of using chemicals or substances to affect the weather. This would include practices like cloud seeding. It doesn't explain WHY they would want prevent cloud seeding, however. Hint: because that's how they get the mind control chemicals into your brain.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Imagine if any of these red states that are so easily able to go after trans healthcare actually spent that energy on improving healthcare for the majority of their residents? They’re all among the worst states for health in the country, but to your point, their voters don’t seem to give a crap about living better or longer. It’s more important to hurt people they hate.
    Because manipulating the people to vote against imaginary threats instead of looking objectively at their own situation is good for business. If the average voters decide they need better, more affordable healthcare that could lead to them wanting universal healthcare paid for with tax dollars which would lead to raising taxes on the wealthy. We can’t have that.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.”
    ― Lyndon B. Johnson
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    “If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.”
    ― Lyndon B. Johnson
    In many ways what we’re seeing with a resurgence of the white nationalist, America first, anti-immigration ideologies and now MAGA is a result of the successes of the civil rights movement back in the 1960’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    In many ways what we’re seeing with a resurgence of the white nationalist, America first, anti-immigration ideologies and now MAGA is a result of the successes of the civil rights movement back in the 1960’s.
    I think a better way of phrasing that is that is was the 'Fear' of the success of the Civil Rights Movement. The Movement its self wasn't responsible, more like its success fueled already simmering fears and paranoia among those on the far right who refused to accept equality and can only accept dominance over others.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

New Islamic State videos back claim it carried out Moscow concert hall attack

I wonder how the Islamic State will react if it keeps being ignored like that by Putin…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

So, Russia and ISIS are now fighting?

IMG_2736.jpg

I care more about Kate Middleton’s cancer diagnosis, and I don’t give two shits about the royal family. The only reason I care about this at all is because it might give Ukraine a chance to finally stomp Russia’s invasion out while Russia is dealing with the whole hornet nest of religious lunacy, abject malice, and deeeeeeep craziness that is ISIS.

Serves Russia right, after the misogyny, homophobia, deliberate interference in our elections, support for our resident Hitler wannabe, invasion of sovereign nations, and violent oppression of it’s own people.

It sucks when innocent people get killed, ABSOLUTELY. But this is a bit like watching a trailer park that voted overwhelmingly for Trump get swept up in a tornado. I feel bad for the people who lived in that trailer park that DIDN’T support things like ‘invading other nations for profit’, racism, misogyny, homophobia, treason, and violence towards the oppressed…but I’m glad there are less shitty people in the world, overall.

Basically, I’d care more if they didn’t support a tiny-dicked dictator that wants me and everyone like me dead for the crime of existing against their wishes.

Before anyone tries to claim that I support ISIS or anything stupid like that, I absolutely do not. I realize ISIS is no better, and is in many ways worse. But sometimes, when two monsters that both want you dead stop slaughtering everything in their path to focus on one another for long enough to fight for supremacy? All you can do is step back, hope they kill each other or wound each other enough that they’re both forced to retreat to lick their wounds, and focus on doing what you can to help the victims of both.

We need to focus our support and sympathy on Ukraine. Let the Great and Powerful Russia take care of itself and go it alone against ISIS like the tough, manly nation it pretends to be. The rest of us should focus on building up defenses and supplies and support in Ukraine. And other nations Russia might want to ‘reclaim’ after.

Let them fight, then deal with the winner before it recovers and goes back to killing and eating its way across the globe.
    Last edited by zinderel; 03-24-2024 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Before anyone tries to claim that I support ISIS or anything stupid like that, I absolutely do not. I realize ISIS is no better, and is in many ways worse. But sometimes, when two monsters that both want you dead stop slaughtering everything in their path to focus on one another for long enough to fight for supremacy? All you can do is step back, hope they kill each other or wound each other enough that they’re both forced to retreat to lick their wounds, and focus on doing what you can to help the victims of both.

We need to focus our support and sympathy on Ukraine. Let the Great and Powerful Russia take care of itself and go it alone against ISIS like the tough, manly nation it pretends to be. The rest of us should focus on building up defenses and supplies and support in Ukraine. And other nations Russia might want to ‘reclaim’ after.

Let them fight, then deal with the winner before it recovers and goes back to killing and eating its way across the globe.
    ISIS is not only Russia’s enemy but the enemy of all democracies in the world… So even countries that are not democratic…

Common sense would require that Putin give up on Ukraine and focus on a real enemy, not one that his paranoia invented… But it is not that will happen…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Tammy Murphy Drops Out of Race for Menendez’s Senate Seat

Tammy Murphy, New Jersey’s first lady, has ended her run for a U.S. Senate seat now held by the state’s embattled senior senator, Robert Menendez, she announced on Sunday in a video posted to social media.

Ms. Murphy said that she had concluded that continuing to compete in the Democratic primary against Representative Andy Kim, a third-term congressman from South Jersey, would mean waging a “very divisive and negative campaign.”

She was unwilling to do that, she said, and instead decided to suspend her campaign, effective immediately.

“With Donald Trump on the ballot and so much at stake in the nation, I will not in good conscience waste resources tearing down a fellow Democrat,” she said.

New Trump nickname.
    Don Poorleone.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I think a better way of phrasing that is that is was the 'Fear' of the success of the Civil Rights Movement. The Movement its self wasn't responsible, more like its success fueled already simmering fears and paranoia among those on the far right who refused to accept equality and can only accept dominance over others.
    I understand what you mean. Fair point.