Page 2 of 341 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

One of the Dukes of Hazzard is being investigated for threats to President Biden.

I can hear Waylon Jennings say:

"Well, by golly, check out the trouble one of them Duke Boys have found themselves in"

https://deadline.com/2023/12/john-sc...nt-1235680080/

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    Some people need to go back and watch the Jan 6 hearings. Trump denied the results of the electoral college, summoned an armed mob to D.C. and commanded them to march on the Capitol to halt the democratic passage of power.

And Thomas should recuse himself from this vote based on his wife's tweets during the events of Jan 6th.
    But if it’s obvious that Trump committed specific crimes then he should be tried for them, found guilty, then not allowed to stand for President in any state.

It’s not an acceptable procedure for one state to just decide it’s “obvious” and to do it without a trial.

All my opinion, of course. (But people supporting the decision now need to remember that if it stands that at some future date somebody other than Trump will find themselves treated the same way.)

But I’ll make a prediction. It will go to the Supreme Court, and the Colorado decision won’t stand.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    One of the Dukes of Hazzard is being investigated for threats to President Biden.

I can hear Waylon Jennings say:

"Well, by golly, check out the trouble one of them Duke Boys have found themselves in"

https://deadline.com/2023/12/john-sc...nt-1235680080/
    *pictures Schneider going out attempting to jump a creek while being chased by the Secret Service*
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Should we start an office pool about how long Sunak will last as PM?

UK recession might be under way after economy shrinks in Q3

I'll say April 3, 2024 he resigns or is ousted.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Should we start an office pool about how long Sunak will last as PM?

UK recession might be under way after economy shrinks in Q3

I'll say April 3, 2024 he resigns or is ousted.
    Why on that date?

Extraordinary Member

I don't know what either of them were thinking. For which I'm glad.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    Some people need to go back and watch the Jan 6 hearings. Trump denied the results of the electoral college, summoned an armed mob to D.C. and commanded them to march on the Capitol to halt the democratic passage of power.
    And all because Trump couldn't handle losing, so he threw the country into absolute chaos just to soothe his wounded ego. As we've all seen, nobody on the planet nurses a grudge like Trump, and he's had three years to stew on his defeat, plus the fact he HAS to win to avoid the specter of going to prison, and you've got a cornered and dangerous animal who'll repeat EVERYTHING he did in 2020 in a New York minute if he were to come up short again. That's not idle speculation, that's a straight up fact!
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 12-22-2023 at 02:35 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Christmas markets weren't selling much mulled wine yesterday as strong winds and heavy rains hit Europe. A woman was killed by a falling Christmas tree at a market in Belgium.

Climate change kills.

This is from a nearby town, Christmas Market will stay closed today:

U.S. will support Gaza resolution in U.N. Security Council

The United States is prepared to support a new draft resolution in the U.N. Security Council that calls for an indefinite pause in the fighting to permit more humanitarian aid to flow into Gaza, U.S. Ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield said late Thursday. A vote on the measure is scheduled for Friday.

The new draft retains much of the Monday language, calling for “urgent and extended humanitarian pauses” in the fighting throughout Gaza and the opening of corridors inside the enclave “for a sufficient number of days to enable full, rapid, safe and unhindered humanitarian access.”

But it alters another passage involving the pre-screening of all goods going into Gaza, calling for U.N. Secretary General António Guterres to appoint a senior coordinator “with responsibility for facilitating, coordinating, monitoring, and verifying in Gaza, as appropriate, the humanitarian nature” of all assistance, and demands that “the parties to the conflict cooperate with the coordinator to fulfill their mandate without delay or obstruction.”

Here’s a breakdown of what Giuliani, who’s been through several expensive divorces, says he owes:

IRS, 2022, $202,887.
    IRS, 2021, $521,345.
    NYS Department of Taxation & Finance, 2022, $61,340.
    NYS Department of Taxation & Finance, 2021, $204,346.
    Law firm Davidoff Hutcher & Citron LLP in New York, $1.36 million.
    Law Offices of Aidala, Bertuna & Kamins in New York, $387,860.
    Daniel Gill, c/o Law Office of Ronald L. Kuby in New York, $2 million.
    BST & Co. CPAs, LLC in New York, $10,000.
    Eric Coomer, Ph.D., c/o Cain & Skarnulis, PLLC in Salida, Colo., unknown.
    Momentum Telecom, Inc., c/o Abramson Brooks LLP in New York, $30,000.
    Noelle Dunphy, c/o Abrams Fensterman, LLP in New York, unknown.
    Robert Hunter Biden, c/o Winston and Strawn, LLP in Washington, D.C., unknown.
    Ruby Freeman & Wandrea Moss, c/o Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP in Washington, D.C., $148 million.
    Smartmatic USA Corp., c/o Kishner Miller Himes P.C. in New York, unknown.
    US Dominion, Inc., c/o Susman Godfrey LLP in Houston, unknown.
    Why does Rudy owe Hunter Biden a sum too big to mention?
    https://themessenger.com/business/gi...-mystery-debts

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Why does Rudy owe Hunter Biden a sum too big to mention?
    https://themessenger.com/business/gi...-mystery-debts
    Probably a whole lot less than what he owes Freeman and Moss. Meanwhile, I wanna know what he owes Dominion, that can't be a small sum after what happened in 2020.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Probably a whole lot less than what he owes Freeman and Moss. Meanwhile, I wanna know what he owes Dominion, that can't be a small sum after what happened in 2020.
    Giuliani had best start selling more supplement pills, fast:

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I wonder has anyone in the US ever asked why Trump was standing behind a bulletproof screen on Jan 6? It seems to me that he was expecting trouble that day, as he has never used one since, only a thought.
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    I wonder has anyone in the US ever asked why Trump was standing behind a bulletproof screen on Jan 6? It seems to me that he was expecting trouble that day, as he has never used one since, only a thought.
    Probably required by the Secret Service. Trump, based on Jan 6 Committee testimony, wanted to be with the insurrectionists but the Secret Service wouldn't let jim. He also pushed to let everyone in regardless if they were carrying weapons, but the Secret Service and Capital Police pushed back. Bottom line, I doubt Trump believed he was in any danger so the choice wasn't his.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.