Page 185 of 341 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 5113
    Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Bloomberg reports:
    6-week ceasefire will kick in if Hamas agrees to release vulnerable hostages including women, the ill, injured & elderly, US officials said today after the first US aid airdrops into Gaza.

Israel has essentially agreed to the deal and it's up to Hamas, they said.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Didn't you support Biden as well?

I will assure you that a lot of people here aren't traditionally left-leaning. A number of us here have supported GOP candidates in the past (my support was really based on my religious beliefs).

It's the lunacy of pushing candidates like Trump and some odd politics that's made folks appear left-leaning. Particularly in recent years when it seems the GOP has been openly embracing folks that are very problematic.

EDIT: As I got older and understand certain issues better, I became a lot more tolerant of people that are different from me.
    F**king seriously.

My mother's husband considers himself a Reagan Republican, and utterly loathes what the GOP have become. They've pushed the grey fallacy well and beyond all reason.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Bloomberg reports:
    6-week ceasefire will kick in if Hamas agrees to release vulnerable hostages including women, the ill, injured & elderly, US officials said today after the first US aid airdrops into Gaza.

Here is the CNN write-up:
    Six-week ceasefire ‘basically accepted’ by Israel, waiting on Hamas, US official says

The official added the US has held “a number of meetings” in Israel and a meeting in Paris in the past several weeks. The official also said meetings are “ongoing” Saturday in Doha, Qatar.

Kamala Harris to meet with war cabinet member Benny Gantz on Monday.

Astonishing Member

US carries out first airdrop of aid into Gaza

What kind of message is the US sending by helping out Israel's victims while funding Israel's Palestinian genocide agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post

What kind of message is the US sending by helping out Israel's victims while funding Israel's Palestinian genocide agenda.
    Biden allowed two private arms deals to Israel with his signature. All the other funding to Israel is based on acts of Congress form years ago, it would (a) break contract and (b) require another act of congress to undo them. Do you see that happen with this congress?

Biden is fighting the fights he can win. He's not doing a lot of empty symbolism that could help him with people voting "uncommitted."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post

That politics are complicated?

I love how everyone acts like Israel is some kind of vassal state that we can turn on and off like a damn light switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Just speaking for myself, the Jamie Reed one really is a place where our local conservative could win some minor credit for contact with reality, just by acknowledging this person was no "whistleblower".

In a true whistleblower case, legal or at least ethical wrongs are clearly exposed, journalists tend to have a feeding frenzy about the corruption and questions of consequence, powerful people lose positions ... in specific in this case, if Jamie's Reed's allegations were true, careers should have been ruined all over the place, the clinic probably shut down, legal proceedings against individual practitioners for wrongdoing and likely the university for having concealed the wrong doing ... I mean, she alleged that a major trusted institution was permanently and severely damaging many children. Had already done so.

Yes, MO conservatives used her lies to create laws that hurt the clinic. But, that's all. Beyond their "moral outrage", there was no impact from anything she claimed, because the vast majority of it simply was not true. No legal proceedings, no careers impacted, the clinic is still there.

Why persist in calling her a whistleblower? What aspect of "truth" do you think she actually exposed?
    Hopefully they’ll be calling her “the defendant” very soon. If I ran that clinic I’d be talking with a lawyer about a defamation lawsuit.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Bloomberg reports:

Netanyahu had made it clear there would be no ceasefire until the hostages were released.
    I have my doubts Hamas will do it. Imo their leaders want the world to vilify Israel more than they want Gaza to survive.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    Netanyahu had made it clear there would be no ceasefire until the hostages were released.
    I have my doubts Hamas will do it. Imo their leaders want the world to vilify Israel more than they want Gaza to survive.
    Pretty much. Hamas has always known a fight against Israel isn't a fight they were ever going to win.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    F**king seriously.

My mother's husband considers himself a Reagan Republican, and utterly loathes what the GOP have become. They've pushed the grey fallacy well and beyond all reason.
    I used to consider myself a moderate Republican as well. But the party has ceased to be what it was when I first became old enough to vote, and transformed into something unrecognizable.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Pretty much. Hamas has always known a fight against Israel isn't a fight they were ever going to win.
    I dunno. There's a lot of them, they had all that United Nations money and support from Iran...

You Have Already Taken A Side On Israel-Palestine (Whether You Admit It Or Not)
    by Caitlin Johnstone

You might think Israel-Palestine has too many gray areas and uncertainties for you to legitimately take a side. It does not. The endless stream of footage of skeletal bodies and children ripped apart by military explosives over the last five months makes it very clear that this issue has a right side and a wrong side, and you are already standing on one of them.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Tax time again...
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.