Page 250 of 339 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 5072
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    New Trump nickname.
    Don Poorleone.
    HA! Good one! I don't know if this one has already been mentioned here, if not, there's also "Brokehontas"!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SMRUyWpyD0

Senator Sheldon Whitehouse explains how dark money donors have captured the SCOTUS.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Missouri secretary of state says he does not have authority to block gubernatorial candidate with KKK ‘affiliation’

Missouri Secretary of State Jay Ashcroft on Friday said he does not have the authority to unilaterally remove a candidate with alleged ties to the Ku Klux Klan from running for governor as a Republican.

But Ashcroft, a Republican who is also running for governor, said he supported a lawsuit from the Missouri Republican Party that seeks to block the candidate, Darrell Leon McClanahan III, from the ballot.
    Absolutely no surprise here that the GOP would run a KKK ‘connected’ man for governor. At least SOME republicans have a problem with that and are fighting it. That is a speck of good news in the vast sea of completely predictable awfulness of the GOP today. Mark your bingo cards, folks!

New government spending bill bans U.S. embassies from flying Pride flag

Tucked in the massive government funding package signed Saturday by President Biden is a provision banning the flying of LGBTQ Pride flags over U.S. embassies. But even on the same day Mr. Biden signed the package, the White House vowed to work toward repealing the provision.

The prohibition was one of many side issues included in the mammoth $1.2 trillion package to fund the government through September, which passed early Saturday shortly after a midnight deadline.

As Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson, a conservative Christian, scrambled for votes to get the bill passed in his chamber, he allegedly touted the Pride flag ban as a reason his party should support the bill, the Daily Beast reported.
    Annnnnd the GOP successfully won a hateful goal along their stated path of spreading the ‘loving’ message of erasing queer folx from existence. The ONLY reason for this is the weaponization of hate.

Period.

F*** Mike Johnson.

And f*** his religion.

And f*** his party.

I hope Margarine Traitor Greede DOES come for his job. And I hope the IRS starts going after these fundamentalist terrorist cells disguised as ‘churches’.

The collapse/implosion of the GOP cannot come soon enough, for the good for America, and the rest of the world.
    Last edited by zinderel; 03-24-2024 at 09:22 PM.

They atttempted to attach 39 other specific anti LGBTQ riders to this legislation.

Thirty nine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    They atttempted to attach 39 other specific anti LGBTQ riders to this legislation.

Thirty nine.
    It’s a good thing we’re just overreacting to this. That we’re just exaggerating when we point to things like this as evidence of the GOP’s absolute malice towards queer folx.
    Last edited by zinderel; 03-24-2024 at 10:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

That's great news and refreshing to see.

The bloated orange narcissistic sociopath gave himself a golf trophy to make himself feel better. What a snowflake.

Trump bragged of winning both the club championship trophy and the senior club championship trophy at the Trump International Golf Club in Florida.

Biden probably has a team of people helping him with snappy social media responses and frankly they’ve been doing a good job of responding to Trump’s lunacy.

Joe Biden Tees Off On Trump With A Most Backhanded 'Congratulations'

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    It’s a good thing we’re just overreacting to this. That we’re just exaggerating when we point to things like this as evidence of the GOP’s absolute malice towards queer folx.
    The extent to which you exaggerate or overreact depends on the specifics of what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Missouri secretary of state says he does not have authority to block gubernatorial candidate with KKK ‘affiliation’

Absolutely no surprise here that the GOP would run a KKK ‘connected’ man for governor. At least SOME republicans have a problem with that and are fighting it. That is a speck of good news in the vast sea of completely predictable awfulness of the GOP today. Mark your bingo cards, folks!

New government spending bill bans U.S. embassies from flying Pride flag

Annnnnd the GOP successfully won a hateful goal along their stated path of spreading the ‘loving’ message of erasing queer folx from existence. The ONLY reason for this is the weaponization of hate.

Period.

F*** Mike Johnson.

And f*** his religion.

And f*** his party.

I hope Margarine Traitor Greede DOES come for his job. And I hope the IRS starts going after these fundamentalist terrorist cells disguised as ‘churches’.

The collapse/implosion of the GOP cannot come soon enough, for the good for America, and the rest of the world.
    The frontrunners in the gubernatorial primary are Ashcroft, a state senator and the Lieutenant Governor.

Ashcroft has a point that it's weird to suggest Missouri's Secretary of State should have the power to remove a political opponent from the ballot.

We have shifted to a system where parties have little control over who gets to run for their nomination. I don't mind a lawsuit to keep Darrell McClanahan off the ballot, but it would be an overreaction and exaggeration to imply that he has a shot of winning.

This has some implications.

She's not up for reelection until 2028, and because of Alaska's jungle primary she doesn't have to worry about the Republican nomination. She also won as a write-in before.

If she's willing to vote for a Democrat for Senate Leader, this could affect which party has the Senate. Every seat matters, and this could help Democrats replace the likely loss in West Virginia.

This seems to show that an old style of machine politics in New Jersey is dead.

There was a New York magazine piece on the race, which had the conventional wisdom that Murphy was the frontrunner.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/arti...il-murphy.html

Kim played a strong hand very well and won.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbi View Post
    Do you guys think Biden or Trump would have a greater chance of being replaced by their VPs in the next four years? I don't really know much about politics, but I think that the VP position has never been more important of a factor in any election before this one.
    I think Trump. He's probably roughly as healthy (he's a few years younger but heavier) but also has so many legal issues, and a temperament that will likely lead to new charges at some point.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

This Ronna McDaniel hire by NBC News is already turning into a disaster. This trying to be "balanced" while paying for the worst of the Election denier, gaslighting has even the regular reporters and staff at the network in an uproar. I don't usually agree with Chuck Todd, but his appearance yesterday where he said the bosses owe an apology for putting her on air and putting Kristen Welker in the hotseat having her on to start her "redemption tour" before it was announced she was going to work for NBC.

He was totally right. What an insane hire. Just the little clip of saying now I can speak my mind, before I had to be the face of the RNC. Bitch no, you don't get to wash all the stink away. You promoted Trump, you promoted election deniers. You bashed "mainstream media, including NBC personally, for YEARS. And now they just hand her a check and want her to cozy up to the very reporters and network staff that she bashed an endangered by the threats and lies?

There is no "access" this cow can provide that is worth the taint of hiring her. She has zero credibility.

NBC’s McDaniel mess threatens to explode
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 03-25-2024 at 05:48 AM.

The New York Post has published photographs of the suspects arrested for the bloody terror attacks in a Moscow suburb being tortured, one with electroshocks to his genitals.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    The New York Post has published photographs of the suspects arrested for the bloody terror attacks in a Moscow suburb being tortured, one with electroshocks to his genitals.
    Don't get why they didn't kill themselves. Doing that in Russia they had to expect torture or worse. Monsters.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    This Ronna McDaniel hire by NBC News is already turning into a disaster. This trying to be "balanced" while paying for the worst of the Election denier, gaslighting has even the regular reporters and staff at the network in an uproar. I don't usually agree with Chuck Todd, but his appearance yesterday where he said the bosses owe an apology for putting her on air and putting Kristen Welker in the hotseat having her on to start her "redemption tour" before it was announced she was going to work for NBC.

He was totally right. What an insane hire. Just the little clip of saying now I can speak my mind, before I had to be the face of the RNC. Bitch no, you don't get to wash all the stink away. You promoted Trump, you promoted election deniers. You bashed "mainstream media, including NBC personally, for YEARS. And now they just hand her a check and want her to cozy up to the very reporters and network staff that she bashed an endangered by the threats and lies?

There is no "access" this cow can provide that is worth the taint of hiring her. She has zero credibility.

NBC’s McDaniel mess threatens to explode
    Yeah, talk about an absolute catastrophe for NBC. Their hamfisted and utterly foolish attemptat being "fair and balanced" by hiring McDaniel was horribly misguided. I mean, it's not like Faux News will reciprocate by bringing in George Conway (Kellyanne Conway's Never Trumper husband) to provide opposing views, because that's NEVER going to happen. The only way NBC can stop the bleeding is to immediately reverse course, fire McDaniel and publicly admit her hiring had been a mistake.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Don't get why they didn't kill themselves. Doing that in Russia they had to expect torture or worse. Monsters.
    If they did it. So far, they are suspects arrested in a very chaotic situation. Of course, with that kind of torture they're likely to confess whether they did it or not.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    If they did it. So far, they are suspects arrested in a very chaotic situation. Of course, with that kind of torture they're likely to confess whether they did it or not.
    Yeah anything coming from Russian sources or the courts you pretty much can't really trust. But hopefully the real perps do get caught or killed.

Appeals court allows Trump to post smaller bond of $175 million within 10 days in the Civil Fraud case.

Tefflon Don.