Page 241 of 341 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 5107
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbi View Post
    I really think Joe Biden and Donald Trump are both going to bring us the exact same thing. Misery and death.
    Don't forget about Bobby Jr., not that he really matters. They're all in AIPAC's pocket. Talk about foreign interference out in the open, but no, it's the motives of some Republicans you have to question when they vote "for Putin".

BANNED

Notice they say "stories". It's not like you can organize a press conference with a UN envoy. Please no, the UN is much more serious than to go with "stories". Do they deal in facts then? Not precisely, but close enough: "moral authority".

Welp. We've got another Russia apologist.

BANNED

Meanwhile, Chatham House, the century old British think tank, has stated that "America’s friends and allies need to understand that the United States has become a Disunited States."

But they're also Russian apologists, so pay it no mind.

Quote Originally Posted by comictimes View Post
    Meanwhile, Chatham House, the century old British think tank, has stated that "America’s friends and allies need to understand that the United States has become a Disunited States."

But they're also Russian apologists, so pay it no mind.
    Oh brother.

I don't know. My life has only gotten worse with each new president. My life was better under Trump than it was Biden and it was better under Obama than it was Trump. Like I said, I see nothing but misery and death in our future regardless of who is in office.
    Has it occurred to you that maybe there's something going on with you or those around you that's been making your life more miserable? Something that has nothing to do with whoever is President? I guess I would have to know more about the nature of your misery to be sure.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

I really think Joe Biden and Donald Trump are both going to bring us the exact same thing. Misery and death.
    If only both guys had been president before so we would have some data to go on. As it is, we can only guess what job either one would do as president.

I don't know. My life has only gotten worse with each new president. My life was better under Trump than it was Biden and it was better under Obama than it was Trump. Like I said, I see nothing but misery and death in our future regardless of who is in office.
    No offense, but the opportunities have been much better under Biden than under Trump. Maybe you need to look for the reasons for your perceived failures elsewhere?

Who would you guys like to see him pick as his VP?
    Tiffany Dover.

Quote Originally Posted by comictimes View Post
    Because there was a lot of uproar about the topic (just as much as there was about mass rape) and this seems to contradict that (just as the sacking of the aforementioned "rape lady" indicated the other was also a sham).
    What makes the source of information reliable?

This is a 30 second clip with no additional context. Why should anyone be persuaded that you're acting in good faith and not being a troll?
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 03-21-2024 at 04:02 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    No offense, but the opportunities have been much better under Biden than under Trump. Maybe you need to look for the reasons for your perceived failures elsewhere?
    Hell, the opportunity to just LIVE was better under Biden, especially right after he took office while COVID was still an issue.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Mel Gibson.

Let’s just put all the racism and misogyny and religious extremism and far right worship of Hollywood ‘tough guys’ on the table.

Jim Caviezel likes both of them, and he played Jesus in that one snuff film? The one so focused on making Christ’s misery, and bloodshed, and suffering as cinematic as possible? The one that completely missed the POINT of all that suffering entirely?

So…
    Can't do Gibson since he's not a US born citizen, let's go with David Duke, similar effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Now, as for The Week I've laid it out simply time and time again and learned through experience that going Quote for Quote with Mets leads to no change in posting or behavior from him regardless of if he himself has posted the evidence or not. To be clear, that link is a 5/23 post describing how he's lied without acknowledging it & the reposting of a 1/23 post with the same misinterpretation/obfuscation tactics on display.

To review:

Notice how there is no mention of other studies or analysis, just a direct statement that "This Study Says 1-in-20" when the posted evidence shows that isn't the case. Mets feels this is true, so the fact that they are wrong and won't admit it is acceptable to him (as has been shown by his own posts - He stands by what he said). However even after having the way Daily Kos operates explained he maintains it's trash when it doesn't update it's stories when they are wrong. He hasn't checked to see if/how they've addressed it since or responded to that, he's simply maintained that them not updating old stories makes them Trash in this case. The Double Standard on display now is a new one, but I may have a way to see if I can get the concept of what The Week did through to Mets in a way he understands.

To be clear: He = The Week
    Again with this?

The Daily Kos piece still hasn't updated.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...&pm_medium=web

It is based on the incorrect understanding that Nex Benedict was beaten to death.

If the Daily Kos community has a norm of not updating posts that turn out to be incorrect, I am suspicious of it as a source of news and commentary. This isn't a partisan thing, since I'm sure plenty of conservative websites will fail that test, although I'm not going to post those links here.

The Week article suggests a significant increase in identification as trans or gender nonconforming among females. If females and males were as likely to identify as agender, nonbinary or the designations where it isn't obvious whether a respondent is chromosomally male or female, the figure at the time of the study would be 4.2 percent which is close enough to match the statement of an increase from 1 in 2,000 to 1 in 20.

I've gone over this many times. Here's one post from two years back.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post6032471

Other data suggests chromosomal females are more likely to identify as agender, nonbinary, genderfluid, etc.

The numbers in The Week article have not been disproven. There are two possibilities. Either the writer was sloppy but got away with it, because his or her informed guesses matched reality. Or the writer did basic due diligence to check whether a disproportionate number of gender nonconforming college students were chromosomally male, but didn't mention it in a page long overview.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mets, making up arbitrary standards about who needs to update what before you'll bother is very silly. It's also very convenient as a dodge for you. We all see what you're doing.

It's not a journalism site. Diaries are written by users that are reflective of that point in time, and you have still chosen to ignore the reason it was linked: the links contained within that aggregate sources of news from journalists.

Future diaries and user comments reflect the ME's ruling and user feelings about it. Attempting to declare a source 'poor' because it reflects a moment in time is a very stupid way to approach things, especially when it was linked well before the ME made the ruling in the first place. This really just makes you look silly.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 03-21-2024 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

The Daily Kos piece still hasn't updated.
    Yes. This has been explained to you.