Page 267 of 348 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277317 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 5215

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Biden campaign raises $25m ‘money bomb’ at event with Obama and Clinton
    Chuck Schumer and Lizzo made appearances before the presidents talked onstage in event that widens fundraising lead over Trump

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-obama-clinton

Boom! The GOP is gonna lose the fundraising race badly!
    Trump is having a fundraiser at Mar-a-Lago with his billionaire friends next week(?) where they are expecting to bring in over $30 million. The question is how much of that will go to his campaign, and how much will go to his legal bills?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Trump is having a fundraiser at Mar-a-Lago with his billionaire friends next week(?) where they are expecting to bring in over $30 million. The question is how much of that will go to his campaign, and how much will go to his legal bills?
    What exactly is the difference?

Quoting from the BBC:
    "However, it is the largest public study to date in the UK revealing elite athletes' views on the issue."

Obviously not perfect… But do you have a bigger study on that in the UK? You don't. And you just prefer to outright dismiss it because it doesn't align with your confirmation bias. Do you actually think the BBC don’t know how to do studies better than you or I, or anyone else on this forum? (that would be quite funny)

Who are you to say what should be published or not published, calling something "garbage" just because you don't agree with it? I see that some americans like selective democracy, apparently. If it was “garbage” you wouldn’t have news media like Reuters reporting on it:

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/eli...es-2024-03-26/
    (Reuters: Elite UK sportswomen survey finds majority uneasy with transgender athletes in female class)

Here is another one for you, from YouGov (wider population, not pro athletes):
    "Britons are strongly opposed to transgender women being allowed to take part in women's sporting events" (61% no, 16% yes)
    https://yougov.co.uk/society/article...ender-rights-1

Now I'll just wait for you to dismiss the big majority of respondents to this survey as "transphobic", of course.

And here’s more, March 22 - “IOC transgender framework goes against science, says academic paper”
    https://www.reuters.com/sports/ioc-t...er-2024-03-22/

“A group of 26 academics have challenged the International Olympic Committee's framework on the inclusion of transgender athletes in sport, saying it does not protect fairness for women nor align with scientific or medical evidence.
    The paper, published this week in the Scandinavian Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports, said decisions on eligibility for female competition must consider male development rather than testosterone levels.
    "We urge the IOC to re-evaluate the recommendations of their framework to include a comprehensive understanding of the biological advantages of male development to ensure fairness and safety in female sports," the paper said.
    "Sports face the uncomfortable reality that the inclusion of transgender women in female sports categories cannot be reconciled with fairness, and in some instances safety, for females in athletic sports."”

I guess this is “garbage” and “transphobia” too, huh?
    I guess it perhaps might be helpful if we had something that could prevent those trans people who are born male and are considering career in sports from going through male puberty, so they would not have any advantage over cis women due to said male development. I'm sure many of them would welcome if there was some accessible medication that could do that and carried no stigma, so that their doctors could prescribe it to them and their parents would let them take it. Then, any advantage they might have in some sports might be diminished and they themselves would not have to doubt if their potential victory is fair.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    You forgot option number three: all of that cash going into Trump’s pocket.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It literally admits it's garbage in the reporting, I'm not sure why you're trying to dispute that. It literally says, "this cannot be used to draw any conclusions about the broader public" which is true due to the various points I raised, which anyone who knows anything about surveys would understand. And the fact that the Reuters article just regurgitates the BBC article doesn't do anything to dispute that it's poor reporting.

And the yougov poll? Yikes, you think that's a defense? Granted, methodology wise it's definitely a better conducted survey and it's promising as it shows that the younger the person is, and if they actually know a transperson they are likely to be decent human being towards trans people but overall it's a cornucopia of intolerant opinions.
    Even if we just take the question regarding sport, it's a bad look as the results don't only say that trans women shouldn't be able to compete with people born as women but also that trans men shouldn't be allowed to compete with men either. I mean, you can't have it both ways it can't be we have to protect the integrity of women's sports and trans women have an unfair advantage due to physiological differences AND transmen can't compete with people born as men. Both of those positions being held at the same time just illustrates that it's transphobia motivating the response and not protecting the integrity of the completion.

As I said earlier, saying, "Hey, lots of other people are intolerant too!" isn't the defense you seem to believe it is.
    Yes. If your argument is based on the notion of trans women athletes having a physical advantage over cisgender female athletes, then you would have to also argue that trans male athletes have a DISADVANTAGE against cisgender male athletes. So to be against both exposes you as transphobic.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Started watching a video on Youtube and noticed this off to the side:

Trump Teddy Bear - You gotta be kidding me,.jpg

Trump Teddy Bear??? You got to be kidding me. :eyeroll:
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Started watching a video on Youtube and noticed this off to the side:

Trump Teddy Bear - You gotta be kidding me,.jpg

Trump Teddy Bear??? You got to be kidding me. :eyeroll:
    That is kinda old. There has been Trump teddy bears awhile that he’s selling to gullible idiots.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Yes. If your argument is based on the notion of trans women athletes having a physical advantage over cisgender female athletes, then you would have to also argue that trans male athletes have a DISADVANTAGE against cisgender male athletes. So to be against both exposes you as transphobic.
    I'd also like to point out that trans women have unique disadvantages compared to cis women. For example, trans women *can* be larger and heavier. However, what this means is that they are moving more body weight and expending more energy with generally less aerobic ability as a result of things like testosterone restriction. Trans women often have lower testosterone than the cis women they're competing against. Like all bodies, they have unique and individuating circumstances and pretending 'male puberty' is the be all end all of it is doing everyone a disservice.

Really, it comes down to gullible rubes and reactionaries needing something to scream and cry 'woke' about, like the complete losers they are.

Trans women win so rarely that the comical freak out over the win of a trans women at darts is hilarious and sad.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 03-29-2024 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    That is kinda old. There has been Trump teddy bears awhile that he’s selling to gullible idiots.
    Guess I haven't been paying much attention to things like that.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I'd also like to point out that trans women have unique disadvantages compared to cis women. For example, trans women *can* be larger and heavier. However, what this means is that they are moving more body weight and expending more energy with generally less aerobic ability as a result of things like testosterone restriction. Trans women often have lower testosterone than the cis women they're competing against. Like all bodies, they have unique and individuating circumstances and pretending 'male puberty' is the be all end all of it is doing everyone a disservice.

Really, it comes down to gullible rubes and reactionaries needing something to scream and cry 'woke' about, like the complete losers they are.

Trans women win so rarely that the comical freak out over the win of a trans women at darts is hilarious and sad.
    There’s also the fact that for some anti-trans folks around here, ‘trans’ is an ‘unfair genetic advantage’, but LITERAL genetic mutations that give certain athletes an edge over other athletes WITHOUT those mutations? Totally fair.

But if that woman was assigned male at birth? Certain people like to cry things like, “Unfair!!! Trans people are freaks! Won’t SOMEONE think of the [imaginary female athletes being physically assaulted by trans women]?!?!?! Treating trans women like women is misogyny!! Treating trans kids like the gender they identify as is abuse!! What if that ‘girl’ has never had a penile orgasm before? How do they KNOW they’re trans if they haven’t experienced an orgasm with their GOD-GIVEN genitals?! No, I’m not a weirdo! The orgasmic capability of trans children is just very important to me! Way more important than acknowledging that such things are none of my goddamned business, and I’m completely, demonstrably, repeatedly proven wrong every time I open my mouth on the subject!”

And then play victim when called out on it.
    Last edited by zinderel; 03-29-2024 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    But that woman was assigned male at birth? HAXXXXX!! Unfair!!! Won’t SOMEONE think of the [imaginary female athletes being physically assaulted by trans women]?!?!?! What if that ‘woman’ has never had a penile orgasm before? How do they KNOW they’re trans if they haven’t experienced an orgasm with their GOD-GIVEN genitals?!
    I wasn't surprised about that last one showing up here. It's been a circulating right wing twitter for a while and it's gross.

I wasn't surprised about that last one showing up here. It's been a circulating right wing twitter for a while and it's gross.
    Yeah. It’s a DEEPLY gross, perverse line of far right ‘logic’ and SUCH a phony, tone-deaf bit of virtue signaling.

The only people whose orgasmic capacity ANYONE should be concerned with are their own sexual partners.

Otherwise, that **** is between the people these fake-ass ‘christians’ and ‘concerned citizens’ are pretending to care about (for political points and legal cover), and their doctor (who the fundies want imprisoned for respecting their patient’s wishes and following best medical practices, QUITE against the fundamentalist’s wishes), and is none of their goddamn business.

Especially not when they constantly deny the inherent humanity of the children whose orgasmic capabilities they are suddenly weirdly obsessed with.

It’s literally the exact same playbook they used against queer folks during the HIV/AIDS crisis, when it was cool to hate queer folx (and pretend it was about ‘civic concern’ and ‘medical science’ and ‘deeply held religious values’) in the same way it’s socially acceptable to hate trans folx now.

“How do they KNOW that they’re [gay/bi/trans/ace/aro] if they haven’t had ‘normal’ heterosexual intercourse yet?!”

But, y’know…us libruls, always exaggerating about those innocent ‘conservatives’…
    Last edited by zinderel; 03-29-2024 at 11:29 PM.

But factually trans women normally compete at a higher level in women’s events than they did in men’s events before they transitioned.

And many CIS elite women athletes would prefer not to compete against trans women.

Would you be happy to allow the people most affected by the issue (elite women athletes) to have a free vote on the issue of deciding the entry rules for their competition?

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Biden campaign raises $25m ‘money bomb’ at event with Obama and Clinton
    Chuck Schumer and Lizzo made appearances before the presidents talked onstage in event that widens fundraising lead over Trump

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-obama-clinton

Boom! The GOP is gonna lose the fundraising race badly!
    Well, the new Truth Social deal allows Trump to get unlimited foreign money, which would normally be illegal. We'll see how badly Putin and the Saudis want him back.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Too sooooooon!
    Glad somebody got the joke. Euro-Humor sometimes bombs.

Sorry, sorry! Too soon again.