Page 355 of 355 FirstFirst ... 255305345351352353354355
Results 5,311 to 5,318 of 5318
    Extraordinary Member

So as to leave no doubt as to what these "students" want, one of their number at UCLA told a reporter, who noted they were calling for the destruction of Israel. "Yes," the student admitted. "Because the destruction of Israel will free Palestine". So there's what they are thinking. And chanting. And holding signs to that effect.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Recently you wrote that Republicans in general only care about power and making others to bow to their white nationalist policies under Trump. You used that as a comment on Republicans on this forum, where there aren't that many regular Republican posters.

If I take that literally, Republicans are worse than white nationalists because they insist that everyone bow down to white nationalists. That seems extreme.
    Many Republicans are white nationalists and they are already insisting people bow down to them.

As previous posts regarding book bans, abortion bans, CRT bans, LGBT bans (etc) which you have yet to address have already proven — and that is without even mentioning their fascist white nationalist leader who Republicans attempted to keep in power despite losing the election.

And are still doing so.

Observing reality is not “extreme” — banning books and attacking LGBT citizens is extreme.

So much so that you won’t even address it but instead keep trying to attack the truth.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; Today at 04:45 PM.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post

Your link shows the conflict between Pro Palestinian Protestors & Counter-Protestors with the top 2 describing "Los Angeles Times reporters Teresa Watanabe and Safi Nazzal captured the violence that broke out on UCLA's campus overnight, sharing a video on X of counter-protesters attacking a protester standing outside of the encampment." and "Protesters and counterprotesters clashed at a pro-Palestinian encampment at UCLA on Wednesday. Photos from the scene show people physically attacking one another: fistfights, kicking, shoving — and using sticks to hit others.". I think it's fair to say that outsiders have definitely brought violence into things, and that they are currently doing so on both sides of the conflict. Unless your assertion is that the protests were always violent, (in which case I'd like to see your evidence that they began that way) I think it's necessary to point out that context instead of leaving the reader to decide if you are implicating only the Pro-Palestine side is causing the violence or not.
    Student Leader Khymani James saying “Zionists don't deserve to live.” “I don't fight to injure or for there to be a winner or a loser, I fight to kill.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...sts-rcna149642

That's peaceful?. If you had a sister or daughter that was Jewish, would you seriously think she's safe going to that University surrounded by such 'peaceful' protestors? But sure, blame everything on the counter-protestors

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    https://www.browndailyherald.com/art...tarily-cleared

When someone on social media said that they should just cut out deals with Israel-affiliated companies immediately, I had the audacity to point out that it just does not work that way, that the Corp is a quasi-democratic body and each member gets a vote. I was immediately accused of being pro-genocide by 5 separate accounts. And that, of course I was pro-genocide, because I am German after all.

I just blocked instead of pointing out that, as a German, I am extra uncomfortable with the "don't do business with Jews" component of their movement.

Both sides of the spectrum have their share of crazies. If you mention anything negative about particular groups, proof doesn't matter. "You're racist!" will always be the rebuke
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; Today at 06:39 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    If you mention anything negative about particular groups, proof doesn't matter. "You're racist!" will always be the rebuke
    That usually happens when someone is being racist yet doesn't want to admit it -- in general one can have a nuanced conversation about race so long as one doesn't focus on negative stereotypes.

And realistically speaking America is a country founded on white supremacy by numerous slaveholders -- the default setting is already "racist" and pointing that out should not be an issue.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; Today at 06:40 PM.

Student Leader Khymani James literally on video saying “Zionists don't deserve to live.” “I don't fight to injure or for there to be a winner or a loser, I fight to kill.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...sts-rcna149642

That's peaceful? If you had a sister or daughter that was Jewish, would you seriously think she's safe going to that University surrounded by such 'peaceful' protestors? But sure, blame it on the counter-protestors

Both sides of the spectrum have their share of crazies. Certain groups are viewed as victims that can do no wrong. Almost as if they're special needs. Even if you provide concrete proof, you'll get spewed with "Then you're racist!" rebukes.
    You've provided no evidence that the stupid kid committed any violence, and the article you linked to mentions that he also said at the time he wouldn't be acting on his words, has apologized, and that he said the idiocy before he was involved with the CUAD (Important Context). You continue to make it out like the Pro-Palestine Protestors are the only source of the violence despite it being pointed out your previous link showed otherwise. I was also very clear that all the violence should be stopped and wasn't blaming one side or the other, so claiming otherwise isn't very honest either. Everyone agrees there are outside agitators involved, and I mentioned they were screwing with both sides of the conflict.

I don't think that's racist, but it is rather hateful when you factor in the 'special needs' jab. Unless you are referring to the black person you brought up just now and claiming you've been called a racist before anyone's had a chance to respond, I see no reason to even refer to it.

I remain completely convinced that provoking Netanyahu into doing something so horrible that it would radicalize people into antisemitism was always Hamas's goal. I just really wish nobody had taken their bait and things could have been handle sensibly. There's probably no hope of getting Netanyahu to act right at this point, but there's hopefully still time for the protests to remain healthy. It would help if cops and crazies weren't the full media focus though.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    You've provided no evidence that the stupid kid committed any violence, and the article you linked to mentions that he also said at the time he wouldn't be acting on his words, has apologized, and that he said the idiocy before he was involved with the CUAD (Important Context). You continue to make it out like the Pro-Palestine Protestors are the only source of the violence despite it being pointed out your previous link showed otherwise. I was also very clear that all the violence should be stopped and wasn't blaming one side or the other, so claiming otherwise isn't very honest either. Everyone agrees there are outside agitators involved, and I mentioned they were screwing with both sides of the conflict.

I don't think that's racist, but it is rather hateful when you factor in the 'special needs' jab. Unless you are referring to the black person you brought up just now and claiming you've been called a racist before anyone's had a chance to respond, I see no reason to even refer to it.
    We're going to have to agree to disagree. My wife is from China and we have two kids. If one of them went to that school and the student leader of those protests said the same thing but replaced 'Zionist with 'Asian' or 'Chinese' the absolute LAST thought in my mind would be, "Well they haven't done anything violent yet so that's ok".

As for his apology, I don't buy it for one second. He definitely meant it. (except the fighting part. I'll bet a mortgage payment that he's another coward)

As for the racist part, I should have worded that part better.

Ultimate Member

We're going to have to agree to disagree. My wife is from China and we have two kids. If one of them went to that school and the student leader of those protests said the same thing but replaced 'Zionist with 'Asian' or 'Chinese' the absolute LAST thought in my mind would be, "Well they haven't done anything violent yet so that's ok".

As for his apology, I don't buy it for one second. He definitely meant it. (except the fighting part. I'll bet a mortgage payment that he's another coward)

As for the racist part, I should have worded that part better.

It's a fair point -- some people do use the term when it doesn't apply but as the election and continuing support for Trump has shown, many of those claims of racism are justified.

The man essentially began his campaign by claiming Obama was an un-American Kenyan, that Mexican immigrants are rapists and that Muslims should be banned.

And instead of being condemned by the Republican party he won on that platform because many (predominately white conservative) Americans are racist and share those views.

Of course most would just argue that they aren't being racist but are just telling the truth about blacks, Mexicans, and Muslims.

Republicans had plenty of other choices -- candidates who did not traffic in racism, sexism and xenophobia to win votes -- but tens of millions of Americans made it clear what they truly believe in with the election of Trump.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; Today at 07:38 PM.