Page 369 of 369 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369
Results 5,521 to 5,524 of 5524

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    The judge literally said today "I am doing my damndest to avoid that because I know you think you want this, but if you continue to be a menace, I will throw your orange ass in jail."

(or words to that effect)
    Clearly then he didn't say that literally.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Clearly then he didn't say that literally.
    Yes that is what he literally was saying. If he was saying it figuratively, he would have not meant that he will actually throw him in jail, but jail is a metaphor. It's not, he meant actual jail.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yes that is what he literally was saying. If he was saying it figuratively, he would have not meant that he will actually throw him in jail, but jail is a metaphor. It's not, he meant actual jail.
    I was referring to what Captain Europe wrote including the "orange ass in jail" before adding "(or words to that effect)". The judge didn't say "orange ass in jail" or the Internet would've already broken.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I was referring to what Captain Europe wrote including the "orange ass in jail" before adding "(or words to that effect)". The judge didn't say "orange ass in jail" or the Internet would've already broken.
    "Going forward, this court will have to consider a jail sanction if it is recommended," is pretty much the legal equivalent of saying that.

I get your point that it's not literally that, but the original comment was by someone for whom English is not a first language, who also used the qualifier "or words to that effect" so some slack is merited.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; Today at 04:31 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets