Page 295 of 349 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 5227
    Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

So, are we excited about Trump's first criminal trial starting?
    I'm wondering if he has the stamina needed to sit in court for hours every day.

Grocery and energy prices in Germany actually went DOWN in March. Not just inflation slowing, but prices going down. That's a relief.

Lauren Boebert's Son Tells Court He Can't Afford Lawyer

Members of Congress, excluding the Speaker of the House and the Majority and Minority Leaders, earn $174,000 a year, as stated in a 2022 report by the Congressional Research Service. What is his mommy spending all that money on, and is it Fentanyl?

"We are working to hire an attorney, but it's just been kind of hard with the prices," Boebert reportedly said. "Worst-case scenario, if we can't get something figured out with the lawyer, then we're going to apply for a public defender or whatever works best for me."

Boebert has been charged with 14 crimes, including felony identity theft, and could face years behind bars if convicted.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I'm kind of torn about this. I mean, Hamas will still get weapons from Iran. It would feel very inhumane to deny Israel the right to defend itself, just because Netanyahu is an ass and keeps crossing red lines. The next group of victims on an event like October 7 are not to blame for what Netanyahu did.
    At the moment, Israel is attacking more than it defends itself…

And I don’t think that adding more victims to the list will do any good to the previous victims…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    At the moment, Israel is attacking more than it defends itself…

And I don’t think that adding more victims to the list will do any good to the previous victims…
    Same holds true about adding more victims in Israel, though.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Lauren Boebert's Son Tells Court He Can't Afford Lawyer

Members of Congress, excluding the Speaker of the House and the Majority and Minority Leaders, earn $174,000 a year, as stated in a 2022 report by the Congressional Research Service. What is his mommy spending all that money on, and is it Fentanyl?
    Perhaps it isn't so much a problem of Lauren Beetlejuicer affording a lawyer, but finding one because they want nothing to do with her or her spawn. With the stench of Trump on her, plus her rampant idiocy, both in and out of Congress, no top lawyer worth his or her degree will ride to her rescue.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 04-12-2024 at 03:54 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Perhaps it isn't so much a problem of Lauren Beetlejuicer affording a lawyer, but finding one because they want nothing to do with her or her spawn. With the stench of Trump on her, plus her rampant idiocy, both in and out of Congress, no top lawyer worth his or her degree will ride to her rescue.
    Or they feel that as privileged, white Republicans with powerful friends, they have nothing to fear and might as well get a public defender.

And they might not even be wrong. Apparently, the judge repeatedly (repeatedly!) complimented Kid Boebert on his "attire" at the court appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    When you can measure the time in years?

I don't know if "Quickly..." is the right way to frame it.

Never mind that Israel most likely has a stockpile that Ukraine wishes that it had going into that conflict.
    It's not years. It is the short time the GOP has refused to arm Ukraine. They needed all the weapons we had been sending them. As soon as we stopped they ran into trouble.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Let me add that we do have to pressure Israel, well Netanyahu, to change course in Gaza. But stopping arms shipments has repercussions beyond Gaza.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Attackers laughed as they raped and murdered a woman in Israel on October 7, witness says

Let Israel do what it needs to.

I think Israel should say you want a cease fire, then release all the hostages and every hamas leader surrender for war crimes. If not, level it because if they don’t do this the hamas will just come back. The original hostages are sad to say probably dead.

Unfortunately, I can't see the Hamas could even be reasoned with. They're flat out savages and unfortunately the lowest of cowards which makes dealing with them extremely difficult. They specifically target and torture women and children, hide behind them to use as human shields, and try to play victim when their shields are killed.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 04-12-2024 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Attackers laughed as they raped and murdered a woman in Israel on October 7, witness says

Let Israel do what it needs to.

I think Israel should say you want a cease fire, then release all the hostages and every hamas leader surrender for war crimes. If not, level it because if they don’t do this the hamas will just come back. The original hostages are sad to say probably dead.

Unfortunately, I can't see the Hamas could even be reasoned with. They're flat out savages and unfortunately the lowest of cowards which makes dealing with them extremely difficult. They specifically target and torture women and children, hide behind them to use as human shields, and try to play victim when their shields are killed.
    Israel has secured the next generation for Hamas already. The only way to keep them from coming back now is if Netenyahu goes full Hitler and eliminates an entire people.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Israel has secured the next generation for Hamas already. The only way to keep them from coming back now is if Netenyahu goes full Hitler and eliminates an entire people.
    And again I point out that bombing the hell out of the civilians in Dresden did not produce more Nazis among my people.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

And again I point out that bombing the hell out of the civilians in Dresden did not produce more Nazis among my people.
    True, but Germans aren't driven by religious fanaticism like Middle Easterners are. That's a key part of the equation, and why that region continues being a powderkeg today.

Meanwhile, Gray Lensman is right, the next generation of Hamas fighters are already incubating, but I believe they're coming from the scores of increasingly disaffected people who had nothing to do with the terrorist group and only wanted to live their lives in peace, but ended up in an unimaginable hellscape of blood and destruction which they've come to blame Israel for.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 04-12-2024 at 09:48 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ditto for Hiroshima and Nagasaki

So, are we excited about Trump's first criminal trial starting?
    I'm wondering if he has the stamina needed to sit in court for hours every day.
    Certainly more excited than Trump himself is!