Page 115 of 350 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 5250

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Pretty much, if trump wins it's on the Dems for pushing an unpopular president thats oftheb shown to have cognitive difficulties.
    Looking forward to November when Biden wins and you eat those words. How do you like them? Grilled, steamed, or sauteed?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Pretty much, if trump wins it's on the Dems for pushing an unpopular president thats oftheb shown to have cognitive difficulties.
    Pardon? I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Looking forward to November when Biden wins and you eat those words. How do you like them? Grilled, steamed, or sauteed?
    I'll happily eat them grilled.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This is called coming to a conclusion and then finding the evidence to support it.
    I don't see why that isn't as valid as finding the evidence and reach the conclusion later. Tenet baby.

But you have no problem with the GOP putting up a 91X indicted, convicted rapist with clear signs of mental deterioration. A man 53% of voters said they would definitely not vote for him and another 11% said they would likely not vote for him.

Dems huh? what can you do?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

But you have no problem with the GOP putting up a 91X indicted, convicted rapist with clear signs of mental deterioration. A man 53% of voters said they would definitely not vote for him and another 11% said they would likely not vote for him.

Dems huh? what can you do?
    The GOP are pushing a candidate that their voters are excited about. The Dems aren't doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Fugitive Women and Fugitive Trans acts incoming from Texas. <3

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-tes...143503254.html
    I don't even understand how this is possible. I thought people are free to move between states. Here in Europe for example we have the Schengen Area where people are effectively free to move between countries with no border checks, unless countries temporarily establish checks for some reason. Usually when I travel, I don't even notice that we crossed the border until I see some landmark that I recognize. Of course, there are exceptions such as during the lockdown when borders were closed in order to eliminate the spread of covid - one of the side-effects was that people who have to rely on travelling abroad for abortion were unable to, but that is thankfully behind us now.
    I thought that in the US, the rules were even more relaxed for travel between states, since you're all one country. So, is it a standard process to monitor people travelling between states, or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    For the GOP it’s about creating an existential threat to motivate the Karen’s, church ladies, and soccer moms to vote.
    Creating a boogie man with an agenda is a strategy taken directly from the dictators playbook. The obvious example is Hitler using the Jewish people.
    Typically it’s a group that is already marginalized and has little influence or power. Any effort to defend themselves is twisted by the propaganda machine into proof of their hostility and intent to do harm.
    We’ll see this strategy cranked up to 11 in the months leading up to the election and if Trump wins and Project 2025 is implemented they will have a readymade excuse to persecute the LGBTQ+ community and their supporters. The conservative base will love them for it and give them permission to extend their political power everywhere and do almost anything.
    The Conservative party is currently doing the same in the UK, increasing their attacks on trans people, especially children, as they lose support. It's despicable, too bad the elections are still far away, there is still a lot of damage they can do.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

You don't have to be excited about the candidate. It's not a rock concert. My vote for Biden and then I go home counts just as much as any Trump voter who attends a rally and cheers for Donnie Three-Times. If enthusiasm won elections, Ron Paul would have been elected President.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Ultimate Member

Right.

Because why hold Republicans responsible for their own actions?

As one armchair political strategist to another. So rather than counter the false narrative the Media and hacks like Hur have tried to paint Biden with, you want to capitulate and at this stage, send the Party into a feeding frenzy to give Trump and the GOP the upper hand.

Biden:

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/1...nfall-00119933

There is Media portrayal, and there is reality.
    The turmoil and lack of clear leadership among the conservative lawmakers harms the Democrats as well. There is no path to progress when the people they negotiate with can’t guarantee their agreements will actually be honored. When McCarthy agreed to giving anyone the ability to remove him as Speaker he also gave them the ability to scuttle whatever agreements had been reached and waste months of negotiations on a whim.
    Now, with the latest border policy clusterf**k we see that McConnell no longer has as much sway in the Senate, so who can the Democrats work with there?
    Nothing can get done and the GOP propaganda machine can create more dissatisfaction and frustration with the voters. People with that mindset are desperate for change and willing to vote for a populist who promises to “drain the swamp” and fix all the problems.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

If Trump wins it’s because so-called progressive voters sat on their hands and ignored the real threat to democracy staring them in the face and outright telling them how it will eliminate any chance to create the change they profess to want so badly.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Mighty Member

The GOP are pushing a candidate that their voters are excited about. The Dems aren't doing that.
    Who would be the replacement candidate dems are excited about?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't think I'm saying anything the experts or scientists would disagree with. They're familiar with questions of survivorship bias and how to weigh polls.
    You are definitely saying something that experts would disagree with though, it's plain as day. Unless you're seeing some reports that say there are large percentages of people that are detransitioning the current studies show us it is an insignificantly small number and so disputing a poll for not including that tiny population has no basis in science.

I mean, can you show that there are significant barriers to detransitioning that would lead you to believe that the population could be larger? If not, then you're just grasping at straws to try and convince yourself that your beliefs aren't transphobia.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Or maybe it will be because a large part of the country is full of truly reprehensible people that want it. The people who push this **** don't get blamed enough.

The MAGA voters are about a third of total tops. So they have a candidate that a third of the voters are deranged MAGA and 60% of the voters say they would never vote for him.
    You think that is good?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!