Page 4 of 340 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    What specific argument are you supporting by placing that metric on the situation?
    While I ain't Mets, there's a pretty obvious reality there...

Every single time that The Black Panthers ever showed up armed to something...

Are you saying that they had "Zero..." intention of making a political statement in a peaceful fashion?

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    There is no question of whether Trump engaged in insurrection. We all heard his speech and the speeches of his allies on that day and the days leading up to it. He refused to call the terrorists off after being begged to by many people, he refused to call in any form of help, he called them special people and he loved them.

The only people who seem to think it is up in the air are his cult or members of the GOP afraid to go after him for fear of losing the support of his cult.

Just because he has not been convicted in a court of law does not make him innocent.
    Last I heard, it was still "Innocent Until Proven Guilty..."

Anything else?

You might as well be Bo Duke telling folks who you know has committed treason.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

Are you saying that they had "Zero..." intention of making a political statement in a peaceful fashion?
    Are you asking me?
    I'm not saying anything. I'm asking Mets what argument he's making.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

SCOTUS has denied Jack Smith's motion for an expedited ruling on Trump's immunity claim.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    In hopes that this will stabilize the reply time, here it is.

Your new thread.

Please stay off the grass.
    I know the mods always shut down all the appreciation threads on the comic boards at the end of the year and they all have get done over for the new year. I always wondered why because the only one that I see that gets a lot of posts in the Marvel Comics board in for Black Panther. But the All Purpose News and Politics thread has been going on for years and never was closed off at the end of each year.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-22-2023 at 01:05 PM.

Are you asking me?
    I'm not saying anything. I'm asking Mets what argument he's making.
    If that is the case, how did Mets quote this...

Important to note that his protests despite some of the crowd being armed is an admission of the level of danger he knowingly put the police officers and everyone at the Capitol in that day. Proof it was never intended to be a peaceful protest.

If that is the case, how did Mets quote this...
    Then what exactly is your argument? It would help if you state it plainly. Your apparent need to seem cryptic seldom works in your favor the way you seem to think it does.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 12-22-2023 at 04:28 PM.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Then what exactly is your argument? It would help if you state it plainly. Your apparent need to seem cryptic seldom works in your favor the way you seem to think it does.
    To start with...

There is no "Argument..."

While I get that for the regulars in this thread "Argument..." feels like it is their "Default..." position?

It was a question.

Here it is again...

To start with...

There is no "Argument..."

While I get that for the regulars in this thread "Argument..." feels like it is their "Default..." position?

It was a question.

Here it is again...
    Are you asking me to speak to the intentions of the Black Panthers? Are you backing me up?
    I have no idea what you're getting at here.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 12-22-2023 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Did they use guns to commit violence?
    Violence was commmitted without them using the guns they brought with them. Imagine how much worse it would have been if they started shooting at the Capital Police. Imagine how much worse it would have been if they did use them. That they didn't use them doesn't absolve them of the acts of violence they committed anyway. All it does is spare them from being charged with murder or attempted murder. Having access to guns must have been awfully tempting for some of them. It's possible that the only reasons they probably didn't use them was that either the weapons were confiscated at the rally, or there were too many people there and they did not want to accidentally shoot one of their own.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Are you asking me to speak to the intentions of the Black Panthers? Are you backing me up?
    I have no idea what you're getting at here.
    Again...

Getting out of the "Argument..." frame of mind is gonna need to happen here.

Back to the question...

The Black Panthers regularly showed up armed to make a political statement.

Do you, personally, believe that the group being armed was proof that they never had any intention of making a peaceful political statement?
    Last edited by numberthirty; 12-22-2023 at 05:17 PM.

Ultimate Member

Again...

Getting out of the "Argument..." frame of mind is gonna need to happen here.

Back to the question...

The Black Panthers regularly showed up armed to make a political statement.

Do you, personally, believe that the group being armed was proof that they never had any intention of making a peaceful political statement?
    Trump and his followers are not the Black Panthers.

Do you personally believe Trump had the intention of making a peaceful political statement when he invited his followers to the capital?

Both you and Mets like to play this game where you ask open ended questions rather than plainly stating your viewpoints.

For someone like Mets -- who repeatedly claims "loaded questions" are problematic only when others are asking them and someone like yourself who constantly utilizes black people to support your arguments even as you defend white nationalists and white supremacists it does little to advance the discussion and only instead provides cover to those who deserve none.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Of course not. But it does mean he’s entitled to be treated as if he’s innocent….unless you’re happy to ditch that long established principle.

Principles mean little in reality when you can't expect the established judicial system -- or the Republicans and their manipulated justices -- to uphold them.

The question of whether he is "innocent or not" will never be resolved if the court allows Trump to delay his way back into power so that he can then pardon himself from all charges.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 12-22-2023 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    They already did.
    I should have said yet again. Being that other pending litigations are in the bankruptcy filing, I imagine that the new lawsuit by them is included as well.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    SCOTUS has denied Jack Smith's motion for an expedited ruling on Trump's immunity claim.
    Remember back in 2021 and 2022 when many people were saying that the Justice Department should move quicker on their indictments so that this wouldn't be an issue? Derp de derp!
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Of course not. But it does mean he’s entitled to be treated as if he’s innocent….unless you’re happy to ditch that long established principle.

( “Yes, I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!”….Robert Bolt, “A Man for All Seasons”.)
    Last I heard, it was still "Innocent Until Proven Guilty..."
    How many times has it been ditched for POC?