https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...ltimate-x-men/

ASM 45 & 46
    Night Thrasher 2 (of 4)
    Vengeance of the Moon Knight 3
    Ultimate Spiderman 3

Maybe:

Ghost Rider 1
    Spectacular Spidermen 1
    Last edited by chachi; 12-31-2023 at 01:02 PM.

Ths is getting worse every month. Just a handful of characters and their derivatives everywhere.
    Marvel comics have never been less diverse.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Avengers #11
    Blade #9
    Doctor Strange #13
    Ultimate Black Panther #2
    Ultimate Spider-Man #3
    Vengeance of the Moon Knight #3
    Fall of the House of X #3
    Rise of the Powers of X #3
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

BANNED

So no Punisher? Did it get canceled already? I was actually kind of enjoying it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Ths is getting worse every month. Just a handful of characters and their derivatives everywhere.
    How can you say that?

During Pride month, there'll be a one shot of LGBTQA characters, who won't get focus again for another 12 month.

Same thing during Native American History Month, Black History month, etc.

Totally diverse!

*cough*

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Comics are in a death spiral.

Only the biggest names have enough support to support a book.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Comics are in a death spiral.

Only the biggest names have enough support to support a book.
    The problem is that neither DC or Marvel even try, creating a self fulfilling spiral.

We know they won't support a book, or even follow up on damn plotlines, so why should we care?

As a result, they keep pushing established characters, milking them for all they're worth or new characters, who are quickly discarded when they don't prove to be instant successes.

Frankly, I'm amazed Kamala made it as far as she has. Exception to the rule

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The problem is that neither DC or Marvel even try, creating a self fulfilling spiral.

We know they won't support a book, or even follow up on damn plotlines, so why should we care?

As a result, they keep pushing established characters, milking them for all they're worth or new characters, who are quickly discarded when they don't prove to be instant successes.

You're probably going to disagree with me vehemently but it's shitting on the big name characters that got them in this situation to begin with. All your household name superheroes made in the last century were the tent poles of the industry they kept the infrastructure of comic shops afloat and brought in cash for the publishers.

Extra cash gives publishers room to experiment with new characters and ideas,in the hopes of another big revenue stream, and having a lot of shops means the experimental stuff can reach a wide audience.

Ultimate Member

You're probably going to disagree with me vehemently but it's shitting on the big name characters that got them in this situation to begin with. All your household name superheroes made in the last century were the tent poles of the industry they kept the infrastructure of comic shops afloat and brought in cash for the publishers.

Extra cash gives publishers room to experiment with new characters and ideas,in the hopes of another big revenue stream, and having a lot of shops means the experimental stuff can reach a wide audience.
    I honestly couldn't say how we got to this situation, but that wouldn't surprise me.

DC and Marvel have squeezed their golden gooses dry without even trying to develop new ones, and now won't recognize that we the reader, are savvy to their tricks.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I think, to throw in my own two cents on the matter, that the comic industry overall is doing much better when you go outside DC and Marvel. I mean, DC and Marvel may still be the biggest names in the business, but there are others that are catching up with them, or starting to, largely because they're still trying to innovate with newer, fresher ideas and concepts instead of constantly rehashing and regurgitating their biggest hits and past triumphs like DC and Marvel have been doing. Not to mention, beyond "crapping on their more established, big-name heroes," there's also the issue of them crapping on their creative talent by undercompensating them for all their hard work, especially after they turn around and adapt that work into movies, TV shows, and even videogames that get far more eyeballs and attention from the general public than a comic book would. In a nutshell, to quote the subtitle of Spider-Man: The Other, the Big Two have to "evolve or die," because the way they've been doing things up till now isn't working anymore, if it ever did, and unless they realize that and work to grow . . . they might not make it a whole century.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think, to throw in my own two cents on the matter, that the comic industry overall is doing much better when you go outside DC and Marvel. I mean, DC and Marvel may still be the biggest names in the business, but there are others that are catching up with them, or starting to, largely because they're still trying to innovate with newer, fresher ideas and concepts instead of constantly rehashing and regurgitating their biggest hits and past triumphs like DC and Marvel have been doing. Not to mention, beyond "crapping on their more established, big-name heroes," there's also the issue of them crapping on their creative talent by undercompensating them for all their hard work, especially after they turn around and adapt that work into movies, TV shows, and even videogames that get far more eyeballs and attention from the general public than a comic book would. In a nutshell, to quote the subtitle of Spider-Man: The Other, the Big Two have to "evolve or die," because the way they've been doing things up till now isn't working anymore, if it ever did, and unless they realize that and work to grow . . . they might not make it a whole century.
    I'd say certain indies are doing better and comics was always going to shift to a creator focused model. But the Big Two have made sure that process is a painful one as opposed to a smooth one.

Also no way will Marvel and DC last till the end of the century. Superman has 10 years before his stories start hitting the public domain. By 2100 everything up to 2005 will be public domain. Heck if they ever repeal the Copyright Extension Act it kill Big Two on the spot. It probably be a good thing for the industry in the long run.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Ms. Marvel: Mutant Menace #1 of 4
    Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver #2 of 4
    The Sensational She-Hulk #6
    Captain America #7
    The Immortal Thor #8
    Superior Spider-Man TPB

I'd say certain indies are doing better and comics was always going to shift to a creator focused model. But the Big Two have made sure that process is a painful one as opposed to a smooth one.

Also no way will Marvel and DC last till the end of the century. Superman has 10 years before his stories start hitting the public domain. By 2100 everything up to 2005 will be public domain. Heck if they ever repeal the Copyright Extension Act it kill Big Two on the spot. It probably be a good thing for the industry in the long run.
    Yeah. Mickey Mouse goes public domain this week, Disney have finally failed in the copyright fight.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

So business as usual. This has been going on since what, the 80s? People have been claiming comics are going to die since the early 2000s. That's a long, dragged out death.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    So business as usual. This has been going on since what, the 80s? People have been claiming comics are going to die since the early 2000s. That's a long, dragged out death.
    I thought it was back in the 90s, with the Great Comics Crash of 1996 or so after all the speculators and edgy gimmicks nearly drove the industry into the ground.
    The spider is always on the hunt.