View Poll Results: Should Puma appear more often?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 64.00%
  • No

4 16.00%
  • I don't mind either way

5 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should Puma be used more?

He rarely appears in Spider-Man stories. Do you think he is underused?

Was Hunted the last time we saw him?

He's pretty obscure but you could give him the Black Panther treatment and build him up.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

There was a time, probably during the SS:Wild Pack series or shortly after, that I felt a team book with just "gray" Spider family characters should be tried.
    Molten Man
    Puma
    Rocket Racer
    Black Cat
    Scarlet Spider

Contender characters to show up on occasion would be Silver Sable, Prowler, Will O'Wisp, Paladin, Sandman(this was around his turn to good), Jessica Drew and of course Peter himself at times.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I once suggested a team with a focus on taking down corporate villains like Beyond. Sort of like a superhero version of Leverage. Puma could work as the team's "hitter".

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    There was a time, probably during the SS:Wild Pack series or shortly after, that I felt a team book with just "gray" Spider family characters should be tried.
    Molten Man
    Puma
    Rocket Racer
    Black Cat
    Scarlet Spider

Contender characters to show up on occasion would be Silver Sable, Prowler, Will O'Wisp, Paladin, Sandman(this was around his turn to good), Jessica Drew and of course Peter himself at times.
    They could be Sony's attempt at Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I once suggested a team with a focus on taking down corporate villains like Beyond. Sort of like a superhero version of Leverage. Puma could work as the team's "hitter".
    That works for me.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    He's pretty obscure but you could give him the Black Panther treatment and build him up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Molten Man
    Puma
    Rocket Racer
    Black Cat
    Scarlet Spider

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yes to all of these, especially the last one. Considering Puma used to be pretty wealthy himself and all that, I could even see him built up as a counterforce to corporate villains such as Beyond and Roxxon . . . and Hammer. Maybe Stark Unlimited under Feilong, assuming that lasts longer.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

If somebody has a good Puma story, sure.

But I don't think this is anything to force.

He is one of Spider-Man's most prominent BIPOC characters.

It's a bit complicated because he's rich and well-connected, and knows Peter's identity, so he might be too much of a "get out of jail" free card.

He could be connected to the totem forces.

One conflict could be if Puma's framed, or just decides to do things that are illegal. Spidey would have to consider whether he's acting differently because he doesn't want to push someone who could destroy his private life.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Eh, he just felt like another Kraven the Hunter to me, and I don't like Kraven the Hunter. So I am fine not seeing him in the book.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If somebody has a good Puma story, sure.

But I don't think this is anything to force.

He is one of Spider-Man's most prominent BIPOC characters.

It's a bit complicated because he's rich and well-connected, and knows Peter's identity, so he might be too much of a "get out of jail" free card.

He could be connected to the totem forces.

One conflict could be if Puma's framed, or just decides to do things that are illegal. Spidey would have to consider whether he's acting differently because he doesn't want to push someone who could destroy his private life.
    Considering the leeway he's given Norman Osborn, "cleansed of his sins" or not, I think that ship has somewhat sailed, though the idea itself would be worth examining.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

OP Question - sure, why not
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Sure why not Peter hates him though I never forgot when Puma brought the daily bugle and stop them from writing bad news on spiderman Peter wasnt happy and was trying to get him to give the bugle back to Jameson. What an idiot
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Puma should get a chance to headline a few miniseries. He's a character Marvel could make a thing with a bit of effort.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Prowler barely shows up; ain't no one gonna try to push Puma as a regular.
    "Cable was right!"

I'm surprised the character hasn't shown up in one of the Marvel: Voices one-shots, that focus on Indigenous characters. Or has he? That could be one platform to use.
    might as well build him away from being an assassin for hire, and atone for the awful stuff he was doing early on, some of which might even be retconned away, as is often the trend.
    his corporation/money could do a lot of good for the Indigenous communities. There's another story angle.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 01-03-2024 at 06:23 AM.