Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why are you even bothering with this movie at all if this is how you feel about the guy? Haven't you seen enough of his work to know it isn't for you?
    Because it's a free country and I was asking in case he was delivering something other than what I'm used to. From the sound of it, this isn't any different so yes - I will move on and not bother watching it. Sorry for being open-minded enough to see if this turned out any better.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Because it's a free country and I was asking in case he was delivering something other than what I'm used to. From the sound of it, this isn't any different so yes - I will move on and not bother watching it. Sorry for being open-minded enough to see if this turned out any better.
    Well, the comments on the first page alone were very clear on what to expect. I just find it odd that anyone who openly admits to not liking Snyder even cares to follow his movies. "Fool me once..." and all that.

Why are you even bothering with this movie at all if this is how you feel about the guy? Haven't you seen enough of his work to know it isn't for you?
    I never understood why people say this you don't like someone's work so you're just not going to check out anything he does ever again even on Netflix or whatever.

Well, the comments on the first page alone were very clear on what to expect. I just find it odd that anyone who openly admits to not liking Snyder even cares to follow his movies. "Fool me once..." and all that.
    Well, we're different. I'm open to being "fooled" again, as I think he can deliver a genuinely good movie if he's paired with a good story. I don't hate his movies by any stretch. I've enjoyed some or parts of some of his movies. My criticism still stands, as I feel his ... immature tendencies for lack of a better term, keep him from growing into a better (in my mind, of course) filmmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I never understood why people say this you don't like someone's work so you're just not going to check out anything he does ever again even on Netflix or whatever.
    You don't understand the idea of avoiding someone's work you've consistently been dissatisfied with?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Well, we're different. I'm open to being "fooled" again, as I think he can deliver a genuinely good movie if he's paired with a good story. I don't hate his movies by any stretch. I've enjoyed some or parts of some of his movies. My criticism still stands, as I feel his ... immature tendencies for lack of a better term, keep him from growing into a better (in my mind, of course) filmmaker.
    Fair enough. I meant no disrespect.

You don't understand the idea of avoiding someone's work you've consistently been dissatisfied with?
    No I'll always watch whatever I find interesting or if it catches my eye even if I think it'll be bad I'll never avoid something because who's in it or who made it.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    No I'll always watch whatever I find interesting or if it catches my eye even if I think it'll be bad I'll never avoid something because who's in it or who made it.
    Myself, I tend to avoid the work of people I have constantly been disappointed by. But, I will keep my ears open and see if things might be different in any given film.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Incredible Member

yeah, that was a whole lot of nothing. The ship guy betraying them was obvious, the gathered up heroes were really flat, the Admiral looked to much like Rik from the Young Ones to be intimidating and the Water Girl being the Princess is pretty much guaranteed.

I did like the spider-lady, she had the best motivation I felt, and the Jimmy robot was the only thing I'm interested in seeing more of. Meh.
    Sounds perfect.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This was just ok. It's pretty obviously just Star Wars + Seven Samurai, and not as deep and more cliche than it seems to think it is. The lead character was kinda interesting, but the rest were all paper thin and I think I only liked a few of them (Nemesis, the general guy) because of their actors.

Visuals were cool, and it was something to watch to kill 2 hours or so.