Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default X-Men Monday #233 – Jordan D. White Reflects on 2023 and Teases 2024

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/12/25/x-...ite-2023-2024/

It's a very long edition so I'll post a few of the things I found interesting shortly.

15 eXclusive preview images!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Rictor!!

Some tidbits.

AIPT: First, as we wrap up 2023, where are you at in your Marvel journey? Are you currently editing any X-Men titles or, since you work several months ahead, have you already moved on to your next gig?

Jordan D. White: Both. I’m not done with all of my X-Men work, but I’m also starting to work on other things as well. So, as you’ll see in Timeless [on sale December 27] and the teaser Marvel released, X-Men is relaunching in July 2024. My last issue of X-Men comes out in June. So I haven’t finished work on that yet — we’re still a little bit off from finishing work on that.

But with that said, I have already begun working on Venom and Hulk stories. Although I think, for the most part, my Venom and Hulk books won’t be coming out until after I’m done with X-Men. But there might be one or two issues that overlap.

AIPT: So my question is, since the final Krakoan era stories are being wrapped up, can we expect the end of the Krakoan age to tee up what comes next on the page?

Jordan: Well, I don’t feel like it’s my place to talk about that. I feel like how much we want to say about that sounds like a decision for Tom Brevoort to make. There’s some stuff coming out that will tee it up, but again, I just don’t want to say too much.

We are working together. We are not in any way in opposition to each other. We’re working together to make sure everything works.

AIPT: That was going to be my next question — how much visibility do you have into what Tom’s doing?

Jordan: Tons. I’m removed from it in that it’s not my book, but I’m aware of what they’re doing. We are doing everything in our power to definitely not get in the way of that, and they’re doing everything in their power not to get in the way of what we want to do, and make them both work together seamlessly.

AIPT: Before we move on, it’s good to hear you and Tom are working together as you transition between eras.

Jordan: They’ve got a great crew working on it. I’ve read the very first issue that’s going to be coming out. Not the whole thing, just the script. And I have another script for another series here that I’m planning to read. I just haven’t gotten around to it, even though I know the plans.

RICTOR SIGHTING !!
    Is that MARROW ??
    Seeing Baldeon's Cannonball makes me miss X-Factor again :'(

I’m intrigued with Jordan’s response. Jean has been basically dead and nothing more and Scott has been a table decoration in orchis base

IMG_5648.jpg

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Rictor! Cannonball! And I love that X-Men 97 tie-in page.

But especially love that they're going back to "what Irene told Essex" and we might finally learn what it was...

Oh and Jeannie sweeping so many categories in the poll was great, she really wiped the floor with the competition in true Jean style!

Why Marvel editors have the strong need to make Scott's and Jean's open relationship disappear is really beyond me....it is 2023/2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    I’m intrigued with Jordan’s response. Jean has been basically dead and nothing more and Scott has been a table decoration in orchis base

IMG_5648.jpg
    all three are pretty equally destroyed at this point. Hope they will return in a spectacular fashion. Orchis is such a lame villain group. They feel so "fetch" to me. But I hope when those three take revenge, it will be pleasing for us readers.

Not sure, but I could see Marvel turning Xavier finally evil at the end of Krakoa.
    Last edited by Exodus; 12-25-2023 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    all three are pretty equally destroyed at this point. Hope they will return in a spectacular fashion. Orchis is such a lame villain group. They feel to "fetch" to me. But I hope when those three take revenge, it will be pleasing for us readers.

Not sure, but I could see Marvel turning Xavier finally evil at the end of Krakoa.

When it comes to Xavier I think they’ll play sinister inside him card to make him even less trustworthy

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I also found it interesting how JDW said that X-Terminators and Children of the Vault weren't sales successes... although I guess neither was exactly an easy sell and the latter could have benefitted from being called something like "Cable & Bishop" perhaps instead.

I also found it telling that JDW will go from editing the entire X-line to editing Hulk and Venom, both of which are successful books obviously although it's not quite the same as editing a line of a dozen+ books a month. We don't know the rationale that went into this decision (I'm sure there are multiple factors involved) but I find it hard not to think that Marvel wasn't at all happy with how the Krakoa era performed commercially overall.

There was still something pretty suspicious about the voting patterns lol

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

CannonBaldeon??!
    I LOVE him, your honor!!