Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    (...)Is that MARROW ??(...)
    Overall characteristics rather points towards a man, so it doesn't seem to be her.

Likewise the rough early stage of the pannel makes it difficult to determine if the material is supposed to be bone, plant matter (ala. Redroot, that woman from Doom's team anyone who got a "krakao tech" cybernetics), metal (like Jon Ironfire) or techno-organic (which is currently quite abudant it seems).

So the list of potential male candiates for that scene is not short.
    Last edited by Grunty; 12-25-2023 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I also found it interesting how JDW said that X-Terminators and Children of the Vault weren't sales successes... although I guess neither was exactly an easy sell and the latter could have benefitted from being called something like "Cable & Bishop" perhaps instead.

I also found it telling that JDW will go from editing the entire X-line to editing Hulk and Venom, both of which are successful books obviously although it's not quite the same as editing a line of a dozen+ books a month. We don't know the rationale that went into this decision (I'm sure there are multiple factors involved) but I find it hard not to think that Marvel wasn't at all happy with how the Krakoa era performed commercially overall.
    Yeah it’s hard not to see it as a demotion.

Overall this x-Monday was boring. The voting was fun but it mostly shows how overrepresented Jean fans are in the voting. It would be great if Jean was this popular among fans, just give her a solo and let it crush in sales.

Not seeing Rogue&Gambit among the couples is weird. But considering how lackluster 2023 has been for them under the X-office it’s not surprising. I didn’t vote for them and when Romy fans like me aren’t voting it’s trouble. There was no way I could give them a vote with that horrible mini White gave us. I hope they understand how bad the reaction among fans were for that mini. Sales we have no clue about.

I also found it telling that JDW will go from editing the entire X-line to editing Hulk and Venom, both of which are successful books obviously although it's not quite the same as editing a line of a dozen+ books a month.
    So does that mean that Ewing's run on Venom is somewhat nearing its end (or only relaunched when Venom 3 is released in theaters next year) ?
    Meanwhile, PKJ's run on Incredible Hulk will reach a huge anniversary issue (#800) at the end of 2024.

PKJ's hulk has been soo good with nic klein on art. I hope it lasts longer

I also found it interesting how JDW said that X-Terminators and Children of the Vault weren't sales successes... although I guess neither was exactly an easy sell and the latter could have benefitted from being called something like "Cable & Bishop" perhaps instead.

I also found it telling that JDW will go from editing the entire X-line to editing Hulk and Venom, both of which are successful books obviously although it's not quite the same as editing a line of a dozen+ books a month. We don't know the rationale that went into this decision (I'm sure there are multiple factors involved) but I find it hard not to think that Marvel wasn't at all happy with how the Krakoa era performed commercially overall.
    I found these interesting as well. Hopefully both series are/will be getting some sales love via trade.

I'm honestly glad to hear they're giving Jordan another chance with less books. Going from the Star Wars line to the X-Men line was a huge jump and hopefully he can improve his editorial skills while narrowing his focus.

I also like how he and Tom are working together with the transition.

There’s some stuff coming out that will tee it up...
    I like this rather than a hard stop of the Krakoan era and an unconnected start to From The Ashes.

We are working together. We are not in any way in opposition to each other. We’re working together to make sure everything works.

AIPT: That was going to be my next question — how much visibility do you have into what Tom’s doing?

Jordan: Tons. I’m removed from it in that it’s not my book, but I’m aware of what they’re doing. We are doing everything in our power to definitely not get in the way of that, and they’re doing everything in their power not to get in the way of what we want to do, and make them both work together seamlessly.

Jordan: They’ve got a great crew working on it. I’ve read the very first issue that’s going to be coming out. Not the whole thing, just the script. And I have another script for another series here that I’m planning to read. I just haven’t gotten around to it, even though I know the plans.
    Music to my ears to be honest. It doesn't seem like there will simply be a hard reset as some have feared seeing how Jordan has access to new scripts. I think Tom's office will build directly on however the mutants are left by Jordan's office.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    There was still something pretty suspicious about the voting patterns lol
    Honestly I was thinking the same thing. In regards to rest of the interview for me it was about as boring as FoX has been.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Will he only edit Hulk and Venom? It's weird how they made the Brevoort announcement so public but never bothered to say what White's new responsibilities would be. Before this interview I figured maybe he was being let go of the company.
    Sadly the Krakoan era will end on a whimper for me. The flagship has been very underwhelming and I can't help but mourn all the missed opportunities that will probably never be realized now.
    Hoping the next era can insert new life into the franchise again like HOX/POX did. Hickman's run was far from perfect and it ended terribly, but he was the first lead writer in a decade to show that the franchise could still try new things. I'd hate to see something as stale as the Disassembled era again.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Overall characteristics rather points towards a man, so it doesn't seem to be her.

Likewise the rough early stage of the pannel makes it difficult to determine if the material is supposed to be bone, plant matter (ala. Redroot, that woman from Doom's team anyone who got a "krakao tech" cybernetics), metal (like Jon Ironfire) or techno-organic (which is currently quite abudant it seems).

So the list of potential male candiates for that scene is not short.
    Ah yeah I thought it could be a very masculine woman maybe.
    It could be an alternate "extreme" sabretooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Will he only edit Hulk and Venom? It's weird how they made the Brevoort announcement so public but never bothered to say what White's new responsibilities would be. Before this interview I figured maybe he was being let go of the company.
    Sadly the Krakoan era will end on a whimper for me. The flagship has been very underwhelming and I can't help but mourn all the missed opportunities that will probably never be realized now.
    Hoping the next era can insert new life into the franchise again like HOX/POX did. Hickman's run was far from perfect and it ended terribly, but he was the first lead writer in a decade to show that the franchise could still try new things. I'd hate to see something as stale as the Disassembled era again.
    In some ways this has got to be intentional right? The hype for HoX/PoX was through the roof, partially because what we were getting with Disassembled was so somber and grimdark, and maybe Marvel thinks they’ll get the same hype now.

Because somehow we find ourselves in the exact same position 5 years later. The majority of mutants are missing, the remaining X-Men are in hiding, mutants are more hated than ever, someone’s messed up Cyke’s eyes, and we’re waiting on a last minute “hear comes the cavalry” moment to take out the cartoonishly evil bigots. All the while we’re just hoping that the July relaunch will give our merry mutants a break.

Like I know comics are cyclical, but sometimes being a fan of this franchise is like being in a toxic relationship.

Sadly Cable is not the draw he once was. And I’m not sure Bishop was ever a huge draw, though he did at one point have his own series in the 90s. Then again, in the 90s, who didn’t? While I loved CotV and thought it was outstanding (my favorite FoX book), I can see where throwing these two kind of redundant characters — both time traveling soldier from the future types — into one book together might not appeal to everyone. It is what it is.

And to me it seems like the writing is on the wall re: Bishop playing a bigger role in the X-books, since he’s on the team in X-men ‘97. Which means Nathan is likely to fade into the background and become more of a supporting character/guest star in the Brevoort era. I’m looking forward to his upcoming mini by Fabian, but don’t expect it to sell particularly well (just based on recent history). After that? Not expecting much for Cable for awhile. Which is fine. I’ve still got Logan, who is clearly going to have a big year in 2024. *shrugs*
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I know they’re not, but these two panels almost look like they’re drawn by the same artist. I think it’s just that the respective artists have styles that are similar, though.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The results of the poll show that the majority of X-fans have terrible taste, and from the sound of this interview and what little previews we’ve been given about the next era they’re about to get the books they deserve.

White listing Xavier, Jean, and Scott as the characters to look out for has me bored.

It’s good to see Rictor, disappointed that it’s Unlimited so I won’t get a chance to read it. Also glad to see him in a more punk aesthetic, although they really need to ditch the dumb Druid face paint nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The results of the poll show that the majority of X-fans have terrible taste, and from the sound of this interview and what little previews we’ve been given about the next era they’re about to get the books they deserve.
    No, what it shows is that the majority of fans aren't on here or Reddit or voting in these polls. If they were, Jean would have a solo book that outsold Wolverine's and the majority would find her and Scott's romance highly engaging and exciting, rather than as boring as a mayonnaise sandwich on stale Wonder Bread.

White listing Xavier, Jean, and Scott as the characters to look out for has me bored.
    I think he's talking about during the end of this era, not in the next. Which is fine. They've all been mistreated (especially Jean and Scott) so let them get some shine before the Brevoort era. But I totally concur that this interview makes me glad JDW is on his way out. Clearly he and I don't have the same taste in characters, so hopefully I'm more in synch with Brevoort there. Fingers crossed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Ah yeah I thought it could be a very masculine woman maybe.
    It could be an alternate "extreme" sabretooth.
    He is missing the usual "beasty" features though.

Infact he looks somewhat like Absalom with a power upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The results of the poll show that the majority of X-fans have terrible taste, and from the sound of this interview and what little previews we’ve been given about the next era they’re about to get the books they deserve. (...)
    How can a poll held by a singular semi-obscure website, provide enough empirical evidence to judge the "majority of X-fans"?

For example it's possible that most X-fans:
    A. Don't know that this website exist at all.
    B. If they do, don't care about it.
    C. Don't like the interviews they make or the opinion pieces they produce.
    D. Don't see a reason to post or vote for stuff on social media and websites.

So a potential majority among a minority (know AIPT), of a minority (read AIPT), of a minority (care about polls on that website) of a minority (vote on the polls) of X-men comic fans (which is also a minority among the overall fanbase of X-men in general).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    No, what it shows is that the majority of fans aren't on here or Reddit or voting in these polls. If they were, Jean would have a solo book that outsold Wolverine's and the majority would find her and Scott's romance highly engaging and exciting, rather than as boring as a mayonnaise sandwich on stale Wonder Bread. (...)
    Considering how much sales of the comics seem to have suffered over the past years, it seems that what ever is posted on social media or even old fashioned forums like this one is indeed anything but indicative of a wider trend among the fans anymore. Regardless of what ever it was showering praise for a direction or derision against it.

Nowdays there is such an overabundance of platforms from where people can shout their opinion into the metaphorical ether, including those who don't even buy the product but just want it to suit their taste.

Which is not meant against people who like to discuss their favorit subjects online on dedicated forums, just that they might not be indicative of a larger overall group and their feelings.

BANNED

I don't have a quote, but I feel like we kinda heard this intimated by Hickman, something to the effect that even the high-point of Krakoa sales was really good, but not as bombastic as hoped. I don't think this was said directly but intimated in his tone. He was talking about the disruptions of covid at the time too, IIRC.

I really, really hope that just lazily reminding people of the 90s isn't what is needed to get people buying.