Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    No, what it shows is that the majority of fans aren't on here or Reddit or voting in these polls. If they were, Jean would have a solo book that outsold Wolverine's and the majority would find her and Scott's romance highly engaging and exciting, rather than as boring as a mayonnaise sandwich on stale Wonder Bread.
    This made me giggle, thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    How can a poll held by a singular semi-obscure website, provide enough empirical evidence to judge the "majority of X-fans"?

For example it's possible that most X-fans:
    A. Don't know that this website exist at all.
    B. If they do, don't care about it.
    C. Don't like the interviews they make or the opinion pieces they produce.
    D. Don't see a reason to post or vote for stuff on social media and websites.

So a potential majority among a minority (know AIPT), of a minority (read AIPT), of a minority (care about polls on that website) of a minority (vote on the polls) of X-men comic fans (which is also a minority among the overall fanbase of X-men in general).
    Yeah man, I know how poll bias works, but thanks for explaining it to me in a pedantic and condescending way. I didn't phrase my initial post as specifically referring to the "people who found and chose to vote in this poll" because it's clunkier, I'm not writing an academic thesis, and I didn't expect the people reading it to interpret what I said as literally as humanly possible. Also, this is the internet, people use hyperbole to comedic effect here.

Is that Moira in the first image?

How could you have Kamala interact with Jersey police and not have it be those two cops who always show up in her comics!? Also why does that one cop look like Paul!?

Kitty making her last stand.

So Xavier is going to show up in the Resurrection of Magneto? Is this going to go better for him than the last time he talked to Storm?

Rictor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    I’m intrigued with Jordan’s response. Jean has been basically dead and nothing more and Scott has been a table decoration in orchis base

Attachment 136464
    This era as a whole hasn't been great for Scott when you look at it collectively.

Editorial slip-up? Ms. Marvel The New Mutant and Ms. Marvel Mutant Menace are X books, all her previous books were Avengers office. So it's different editors. Or maybe it's deliberate because this cop will be an antagonist. He clearly looks like he's telling her off there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Will he only edit Hulk and Venom? It's weird how they made the Brevoort announcement so public but never bothered to say what White's new responsibilities would be. Before this interview I figured maybe he was being let go of the company.
    Sadly the Krakoan era will end on a whimper for me. The flagship has been very underwhelming and I can't help but mourn all the missed opportunities that will probably never be realized now.
    Hoping the next era can insert new life into the franchise again like HOX/POX did. Hickman's run was far from perfect and it ended terribly, but he was the first lead writer in a decade to show that the franchise could still try new things. I'd hate to see something as stale as the Disassembled era again.
    That's an odd combination, shouldn't Hulk be Avengers office and Venom be Spider office? Lemme check them... the current Hulk editor is Wil Moss, who's taking over Avengers and is editor of some of the other Avengers solo books as well. Venom's editor is Devin Lewis, who is indeed one of the spider editors.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Yeah man, I know how poll bias works, but thanks for explaining it to me in a pedantic and condescending way. I didn't phrase my initial post as specifically referring to the "people who found and chose to vote in this poll" because it's clunkier, I'm not writing an academic thesis, and I didn't expect the people reading it to interpret what I said as literally as humanly possible. Also, this is the internet, people use hyperbole to comedic effect here.
    That's true. My responce should have been worded better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I don't have a quote, but I feel like we kinda heard this intimated by Hickman, something to the effect that even the high-point of Krakoa sales was really good, but not as bombastic as hoped. I don't think this was said directly but intimated in his tone. He was talking about the disruptions of covid at the time too, IIRC.
    If that was the case, it begs the question of what ever Marvel allready had these expectations before the release of HOX/POX or if they were infact fueled by the reported (and likely true) sales success of the dual mini series?

I really, really hope that just lazily reminding people of the 90s isn't what is needed to get people buying.
    Possible, but rather doubtfull. Especially since it's not necessarily the team composition, outfits or stories that buyers might want to have back but the "feel" that the teams and characters had back in those days.
    Last edited by Grunty; 12-25-2023 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is that Moira in the first image?

How could you have Kamala interact with Jersey police and not have it be those two cops who always show up in her comics!? Also why does that one cop look like Paul!?
    He's about to revenge on her for ruining Wayep's plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Yeah it’s hard not to see it as a demotion.

Overall this x-Monday was boring. The voting was fun but it mostly shows how overrepresented Jean fans are in the voting. It would be great if Jean was this popular among fans, just give her a solo and let it crush in sales.

Not seeing Rogue&Gambit among the couples is weird. But considering how lackluster 2023 has been for them under the X-office it’s not surprising. I didn’t vote for them and when Romy fans like me aren’t voting it’s trouble. There was no way I could give them a vote with that horrible mini White gave us. I hope they understand how bad the reaction among fans were for that mini. Sales we have no clue about.
    Is there data for the sales on Jean Grey’s solo? Legitimate question.

I am more surprised Tony and Emma were voted for. There was so much vocal dismay for this, including non-verbal distaste from me. I like the story in the respects of a marriage of convenience, but I didn’t think that would qualify them as a legitimate couple, where they barely have any sort of attraction or chemistry to one another.

Maybe the X-Fans see something I don’t see.

Astonishing Member

This interview made me more excited about the new X-editorial era. It will be nice to see where Maddy and Alex can go without the headwinds of the current administration. This interview gave me insight on how little regard White has for my two favorite X-characters, Alex and Madelyne.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    No, what it shows is that the majority of fans aren't on here or Reddit or voting in these polls. If they were, Jean would have a solo book that outsold Wolverine's and the majority would find her and Scott's romance highly engaging and exciting, rather than as boring as a mayonnaise sandwich on stale Wonder Bread.
    Where do all you Wolverine people hang? There seems to be not much presence online, and yet he's the top-selling X-character always lol.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 12-25-2023 at 11:06 PM.

At work, the gym or home mostly.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I don't have a quote, but I feel like we kinda heard this intimated by Hickman, something to the effect that even the high-point of Krakoa sales was really good, but not as bombastic as hoped. I don't think this was said directly but intimated in his tone. He was talking about the disruptions of covid at the time too, IIRC.

I really, really hope that just lazily reminding people of the 90s isn't what is needed to get people buying.
    They need to realise that those old skool sales numbers are never coming back unless something changes radically. In the 80s heyday, comics were much cheaper, subsidised by adverts on every other page, had way less glossy art, it took longer to read an issue, there were way fewer titles, and you didn’t need a fan wiki to understand who everyone was and their relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Is there data for the sales on Jean Grey’s solo? Legitimate question.

I am more surprised Tony and Emma were voted for. There was so much vocal dismay for this, including non-verbal distaste from me. I like the story in the respects of a marriage of convenience, but I didn’t think that would qualify them as a legitimate couple, where they barely have any sort of attraction or chemistry to one another.

Maybe the X-Fans see something I don’t see.
    They have some lil fire between them. Also Tony is making a effort.

I think the missing context with the poll is the first one was spammed and had 20,000 votes by a certain fan group. As soon as they redid the poll which required any email address and name we had a total of 1300 votes. The only thing is it shows is a few saddos with a lot of time on their hands created multiple emails and fake names to vote.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Where do all you Wolverine people hang? There seems to be not much presence online, and yet he's the top-selling X-character always lol.
    Wolverine fans are smart enough to mostly stay offline while the rest of us are like lab rats who won’t stop pressing the button that electrocutes us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Wolverine fans are smart enough to mostly stay offline while the rest of us are like lab rats who won’t stop pressing the button that electrocutes us.
    Haha indeed. The silent majority quietly purchases and enjoys their books.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!