Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Default Amazons Attack #3 - discussion, spoiler

As Mary Marvel and the splinter group of Amazons search to find asylum, they uncover the history of something much darker. Will they be able to stop the impending wave of discord before it’s too late?

Another God seemingly bites the dust.

But the mystery seems to be interesting since if Discord is not part of everything then...who is? Taking advantage of peoples paranoia is a smart one.

Nubia/Faruka being called out for not being part of the "original group of Amazons"...ouch! Pretty bad when an outsider knows more about your gods than you....

Mary being called out for inserting herself into situations as she looks for family was a good one.

I do like how this is expanding on the wider impact this has on the "named" Amazons and all the goodwill they were making in Man's World before things went bad.

So Mary doesn't get arrested and sent to Belle Reve...she just happens to visit her nemesis in her civilian identity just as a prison riot breaks out with Supervillains and she can't transform to deal with it lest she get arrested too. Classic!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

But the mystery seems to be interesting since if Discord is not part of everything then...who is? Taking advantage of peoples paranoia is a smart one.

Nubia/Faruka being called out for not being part of the "original group of Amazons"...ouch! Pretty bad when an outsider knows more about your gods than you....

Mary being called out for inserting herself into situations as she looks for family was a good one.
    Maybe Hera's lashing out because she's exiled.

Things are starting to make sense..as far as when the amazons left Themyiscra. I wish Faruka’s personality would’ve been a bit more dramatic in her scenes. She came off a little flat to me.

The only person who comes to mind is Circe..she’s the most manipulative one overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

What are the chances that spoilers:
    Ismene Dimakos
    end of spoilers is involved?

I'm not seeing any "calling out" here. Eris isn't a part of the pantheon Faruka worships and if you consider Nubia's origins, Eris technically isn't one of her gods either.

By the villain, mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What are the chances that spoilers:
    Ismene Dimakos
    end of spoilers is involved?

I'm not seeing any "calling out" here. Eris isn't a part of the pantheon Faruka worships and if you consider Nubia's origins, Eris technically isn't one of her gods either.

By the villain, mind you.
    Greek God's are why Nubia was reborn and was under their "rule" for as long as Dianas been born so I'd expect her to know.

Faruka, sure. That's valid.

Fantastic Member

Interested in knowing who the real villain is. Circe seems likely as you all have said, but if she is appearing in Wonder Woman that might be less likely. Maybe Veronica Cale's cameo in issue two wasn't just a cameo? But I would like to see how she overpowered/defeated Eris.

Gah this issue was pretty sweet. We got some much needed background into the issues the Amazons are facing in the King run. Some context for whats going on with the Amazons in the wider world. A look into what Nubia, Mary, and Yara are going through. And it set up some interesting cliffhangers between
    The dead Eris mystery.
    Where the bleep Nubia is.
    Mary stuck in the middle of a prison riot with Axe swarming to spray her down.
    And someone sneaking up on Yara as she retreats with her oracle from an abandoned Akahim to one of many safe houses which Cassie of all people has been apparently setting up for Amazons in trouble.

I dearly hope this series gets an issue 7 because I dearly want more.

Fantastic Member

It was said in Trial of the Amazons that Queen Gaboymila could not leave Akahim. Was any reason for this given? If not I hope we get what the reason is here.

Yara's distaste for the Wonder Girl name really annoys me. Cassie should reclaim it for good.

So has this series been okay so far?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So has this series been okay so far?
    yeah id say so
    issues 1 and 2 were kinda wierdly paced and could have been one issue.
    This issue was a delight that sells me on the story

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    yeah id say so
    Basically my feelings about the book

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    yeah id say so
    Agreed. This was definitely the best issue thus far

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Yara's distaste for the Wonder Girl name really annoys me. Cassie should reclaim it for good.
    It's also severely overplayed. We get it. She hates the name. Finds it demeaning. Etc....she wants to be like Donna Troy. Let her move on from it
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 12-27-2023 at 06:52 AM.