Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yes please! I mean, really, there's room for both, 'cause it's not like they have either the same powers, the same costume *or* interchangeable personalities. You could put them on different branches of the team, or put them on the same team and defy boring convention (that they'd squabble over the shared name / reputation) and get along well enough to annoy everyone else.

But I liked the Avengers being split into two teams, because we got to see more of 'B tier' Avengers like Wonder Man, Tigra, Hawkeye and Hank Pym on the West Coast team, and yet the removal of those figures (and Vision, Wanda and Iron Man) from the East Coast roster freed up more focus for Janet, and more room for characters like Monica Rambeau, Black Knight, etc. to get a chance to shine.

It wasn't 'must have Cap, Tony, Thor and some others' every single damn time. More Avengers got to play. And since that meant characters I liked were spread between *both* teams, I had to buy twice as many Avengers books.
    There needs to be a team book for every solo book. So you’ve got 5 solo Avengers books? Then we need 5 Avengers team books!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member

Well, I don't know about both Jess and Julia on the same team -- unless one was west coast and one was east coast.

Despite Jess's books being cancelled multiple times, I still feel she's the most successful and well-conceived character. Aside from the nice costume (which loses some points for being a rip off a the black Spider-Man costume -- even though in the comics world, it was the other way around), I don' think Julia really ever left much of a mark. Her mini-series wasn't great, and her time in WCA was so-so.

I'd probably go with Tigra over both of them -- since she was founding member, and has similar abilities to both Jess and Julia.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I wouldn’t mind giving Ewing the chance to do a new West Coast Avengers book, but I don’t think it’s going to happen with the team getting their very own SHIP/Justice League satellite base.

My team would consist of:

Hawkeye
    She-Hulk
    Mockingbird
    War Machine
    Photon
    Moon Knight
    Tigra
    American Eagle
    Firebird
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 12-28-2023 at 08:09 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I feel like the West Coast Avengers was made at a point where most of the major characters had already been introduced. Yes, there are some key storylines, but nothing that seems to become hugely important beyond.. White Vision.. I guess? Ugh... I blame Byrne for Wanda and Vision not ever getting back together..

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I feel like the West Coast Avengers was made at a point where most of the major characters had already been introduced. Yes, there are some key storylines, but nothing that seems to become hugely important beyond.. White Vision.. I guess? Ugh... I blame Byrne for Wanda and Vision not ever getting back together..
    Completely understandable. For what it's worth, I'll always have sentimental thoughts about the time they attempted to make Ultron a "benevolent" being...
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I wouldn’t mind giving Ewing the chance to do a new West Coast Avengers book, but I don’t think it’s going to happen with the team getting their very own SHIP/Justice League satellite base.

Hawkeye
    She-Hulk
    Mockingbird
    War Machine
    Photon
    Moon Knight
    Tigra
    American Eagle
    Firebird
    I'm a big fan of Hawkeye, She-Hulk, Mockingbird, Photon, American Eagle and Tigra, and don't have any beef with your other picks, so I'd totally pick up a WCA with that lineup!

Astonishing Member

I think American Eagle was the character Warren Ellis used in his brief Thunderbolts run. He did an amazing job of making a seeming throwaway character interesting.

I don't know if it's a cursed team or not, but I have often found them the coolest Avengers team.

Peace

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Hawkeye
    She-Hulk
    Mockingbird
    War Machine
    Photon
    Moon Knight
    Tigra
    American Eagle
    Firebird
    I don't think Moon Knight is in a place where he would be an active Avenger at the moment. Add in that he and Tigra are a new couple working out of the NYC area plus the MK mystery itself, just not a good synergy time for those two. Any writer would have to totally ignore what Jed is doing or have Editorial synergy. Something Marvel has lacked for quite a few years now.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Hawkeye
    She-Hulk
    Mockingbird
    War Machine
    Photon
    Moon Knight
    Tigra
    American Eagle
    Firebird
    A large team. All in all, I like it, but I'd sleek it out a bit, maybe replace some of the characters with fresher faces. Here's my unsolicited two cents:

Hawkeye (YES! Please. Erase dumb Hawkguy and bring back that brash, cocky yet samrt and crafty Clint. Leading the WCA or the TB was Clint at his best).
    She-Hulk (Also yes! However, Smart and Sexy Jen. With her on the team, there wouldn't be a need for Simon, my favorite WCAer, to be on the team, however, I always enjoyed the chemestry between Jen and Clint. Plus, Jen's originally a Californian).
    Mockingbird (No! Not unless you're really going to bring Clint and Bobbi back together. for good Don't waste them just to get some tension that's going nowhere.)
    War Machine (Maybe, but tending to no! I wish they'd more definitely push Rhodey aways from the "spare parts Iron Man" image. I liked the War Wear idea, though I hated the visuals. If they try to do something like this, yes!)
    Photon (Love the character, but NO! Don't want anyone challenging Clint for the leadership. PLus, she's ECA, not WCA.)
    Moon Knight (Definitly not. NO! I never liked Marc as an Avenger. Don't think he's a good fit.)
    Tigra (NO! Even though her personality provides an intresting clash with Bonita's, I think there are other members who'd be more appealing.)
    American Eagle (GREAT addition! Lots of potential to be explored. While undeniably competent, I wonder how well he'll doin a team, and in taking orders from Clint.)
    Firebird (YES! One of my favorites, Bonita deserves another shot at the big leagues! Plus, literaly firepower!)

So, I'd definitly stay with Hawkeye, She-Hulk, American Eagle and Firebird, with a couple of other maybes. I'd add Julia Charpenter as Arachne (with Md Web's powers or not), who I always thought played well with the team. Something else I noticed is the the team is lacking a scientific advisor (always important in the Avengers), I'd try out the new Black Goliath (Tom Foster), who has a pretty blank and underdeveloped background, that would give us free reign into howgood he actually is. Plus, he take the spot I always thought his uncle deserved on the team.

All in all, kudos, and sorry for sticking my nose where it doesn't belong. I just got excited with the idea.

Peace

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Exactly! Hank is definitely not history. Ewing was at least trying to do Hank some Justice.
    Unfortunately the aged Hank up. Dang MCU synergy.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I think American Eagle was the character Warren Ellis used in his brief Thunderbolts run. He did an amazing job of making a seeming throwaway character interesting.
    Yeah, he really got a chance to shine in that brief run. Up until that point, my main interest in him was that he was a native character who didn't have the standard 'native superhero name' of a color and an animal, like Red Wolf or Black Crow (or Silver Deer or Black Bison, over at DC).

But he's a great scrappy hand to hand guy, a niche usually reserved for a Captain America or Black Knight figure, and it would be cool to see him get to own that niche on a team like Shadowcat's lineup, where She-Hulk, Photon, Hawkeye, etc. all occupy very different niches. (He'd mostly be competing with Moon Knight and Tigra for scrappy close-fighters. Mockingbird's in more of a Black Widow-y 'agent hero' than a Cap-like 'hand to hand buttkicker' role, IMO, even if Bobbi, and Nat, and even Clint, are also capable hand to hand people, just less super-powered.)

Should was the one hero teased to join the wca over and over--and never joined! Even though he was on more than one member poster art as a member of the avengers!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, he really got a chance to shine in that brief run. Up until that point, my main interest in him was that he was a native character who didn't have the standard 'native superhero name' of a color and an animal, like Red Wolf or Black Crow (or Silver Deer or Black Bison, over at DC).
    Well, there is/was Wind Eagle (killed off in the early 1980s).

Ill go with the Original cast and the original storyline with Wanda/Vision/Ultron and Grim Reaper. So good!