Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I love the WCA. They're not cursed Marvel just lazy. There's no real reason to keep just one team of Avengers. Earth has all these heroes running around that can make a difference. Cap, Thor, and Iron Man need not be the guys willing to get their hands dirty saving earth. Hate putting Ewing in every book just cause he gets busy on any book he's writing. If he could be cloned it would be perfect, he understands how to write a team book where that team really gets development. Solid writer, 2/3's action it would be nice to see other heroes in steady book.

USA Agent
    War Machine
    Scarlett Witch
    Hawkeye
    Blue Marvel
    Monica Rambeau
    Jessica Drew!

Mighty Member

Actually If I wanna to show some proof.
    Here are the overall appearance of Avengers Throughout 2023:

Iron Man : 85
    Steve Rogers (Captain America): 85
    Scarlet Witch : 36
    Thor: 74
    Doctor Strange: 54
    Black Panther: 53
    She-Hulk: 37
    Sam Wilson (Captain America): 32
    Black Widow: 30
    Hulk: 30
    Moon Knight: 32
    Daredevil: 29
    Ms. Marvel: 25
    Luke Cage:20
    Spider-Woman:22
    Wasp: 20
    Misty Knight: 19
    Jessica Jones: 12
    Quicksilver:10
    Monica Rambeau: 10
    Tigra: 8
    Hank Pym: 6
    Wonder Man: 4
    Hawkeye (Clint Barton): 0
    Mockingbird: 0

The last five members with the lowest appearances all have a history with WCA team. So of course, they just become irrelevant these days thank to Marvel editors.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    I would totally read a book with these bottom seven. Two of my favorites (Monica and Hank), and some that I just like a lot (Clint, Bobbi and Greer) and a couple that I like well enough (Pietro and Simon). Simon gets to be powerhouse, and not compete with Vision, Thor, Iron Man, She-Hulk, etc. for that space. Hank gets to be team smarty-pants, and not compete with Stark, T'Challa or other Hank (McCoy). Bobbi gets to occupy the space Natasha usually has these days (*and* be a backup smarty-pants, if any writer ever remembers that she's a friggin' scientist, too). Monica's the flying zapper (instead of Thor or Iron Man taking that slot, in addition to the various *other* roles they can spotlight-hog). Tigra's the primary scrapper, fast and strong like Spider-Man, but with her own unique style. It's a cool lineup, and covers all the necessaries, without the annoying 'team teleporter' role that sends the team all over the planet (and space, and dimensions), instead of actually getting to *use* that West Coast setting (and those Quinjets!).

Avengers West Coast book had degraded and killed Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I would totally read a book with these bottom seven. Two of my favorites (Monica and Hank), and some that I just like a lot (Clint, Bobbi and Greer) and a couple that I like well enough (Pietro and Simon). Simon gets to be powerhouse, and not compete with Vision, Thor, Iron Man, She-Hulk, etc. for that space. Hank gets to be team smarty-pants, and not compete with Stark, T'Challa or other Hank (McCoy). Bobbi gets to occupy the space Natasha usually has these days (*and* be a backup smarty-pants, if any writer ever remembers that she's a friggin' scientist, too). Monica's the flying zapper (instead of Thor or Iron Man taking that slot, in addition to the various *other* roles they can spotlight-hog). Tigra's the primary scrapper, fast and strong like Spider-Man, but with her own unique style. It's a cool lineup, and covers all the necessaries, without the annoying 'team teleporter' role that sends the team all over the planet (and space, and dimensions), instead of actually getting to *use* that West Coast setting (and those Quinjets!).
    Take
    My
    Money
    !
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Avengers West Coast book had degraded and killed Mockingbird.
    I think I get the "degraded" part, but not sure about the "killed" part. Didn't Mephisto just blast a Skrull imposter?

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-07-2024 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

I stopped reading after Byrne created the White Vision. He tried to fix Wanda and Vision and instead wrecked them for years. With Wanda and Vision effectivly ruined that series lost much of it's appeal to me. So even though I liked Tigra and Hank it still holds no special place for me, just ire that marvel editorial let Byrne do such damage to two of their own characters.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Actually If I wanna to show some proof.
    Here are the overall appearance of Avengers Throughout 2023:

Iron Man : 85
    Steve Rogers (Captain America): 85
    Scarlet Witch : 36
    Thor: 74
    Doctor Strange: 54
    Black Panther: 53
    She-Hulk: 37
    Sam Wilson (Captain America): 32
    Black Widow: 30
    Hulk: 30
    Moon Knight: 32
    Daredevil: 29
    Ms. Marvel: 25
    Luke Cage:20
    Spider-Woman:22
    Wasp: 20
    Misty Knight: 19
    Jessica Jones: 12

The last five members with the lowest appearances all have a history with WCA team. So of course, they just become irrelevant these days thank to Marvel editors.
    While I agree that many WCA haven't had a stellar year, there are many ECA Avengers that haven't quite been shining in 2023 also. Quasar, Sersi, Hercules, Mantis, Black Knight, Starfox, etc... Doesn't mean that the ECA are a cursed team. All in all, I really wanted to see many "classic" Avengers show up more.

Peace

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    While I agree that many WCA haven't had a stellar year, there are many ECA Avengers that haven't quite been shining in 2023 also. Quasar, Sersi, Hercules, Mantis, Black Knight, Starfox, etc... Doesn't mean that the ECA are a cursed team. All in all, I really wanted to see many "classic" Avengers show up more.

Peace
    Justice for Doctor Druid!

Just kidding. Screw that guy.

Black Knight is definitely one I'd like to have seen more of, and not the horrible mini he had a few years back that gave him the 'Homer' stink that's washed over Clint Barton and Scott Lang, where they turn into hapless schlubs who have to be saved by their teen sidechicks.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I think I get the "degraded" part, but not sure about the "killed" part. Didn't Mephisto just blast a Skrull imposter?

As far as I know, the Skrull thing was only established decades later during Secret Invasion. So that was supposed to be a real death. But I haven’t read the WCA issue to know for sure.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Yeah. When you read WCA #100, it's not like Bobbi's body transformed back into a Skrull after she got killed like that fake Elektra did. Everyone really thought Bobbi died. I think someone mentioned that her spirit even shows up in Heroes Return Avengers.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    A large team. All in all, I like it, but I'd sleek it out a bit, maybe replace some of the characters with fresher faces. Here's my unsolicited two cents:

Hawkeye (YES! Please. Erase dumb Hawkguy and bring back that brash, cocky yet samrt and crafty Clint. Leading the WCA or the TB was Clint at his best).
    She-Hulk (Also yes! However, Smart and Sexy Jen. With her on the team, there wouldn't be a need for Simon, my favorite WCAer, to be on the team, however, I always enjoyed the chemestry between Jen and Clint. Plus, Jen's originally a Californian).
    Mockingbird (No! Not unless you're really going to bring Clint and Bobbi back together. for good Don't waste them just to get some tension that's going nowhere.)
    War Machine (Maybe, but tending to no! I wish they'd more definitely push Rhodey aways from the "spare parts Iron Man" image. I liked the War Wear idea, though I hated the visuals. If they try to do something like this, yes!)
    Photon (Love the character, but NO! Don't want anyone challenging Clint for the leadership. PLus, she's ECA, not WCA.)
    Moon Knight (Definitly not. NO! I never liked Marc as an Avenger. Don't think he's a good fit.)
    Tigra (NO! Even though her personality provides an intresting clash with Bonita's, I think there are other members who'd be more appealing.)
    American Eagle (GREAT addition! Lots of potential to be explored. While undeniably competent, I wonder how well he'll doin a team, and in taking orders from Clint.)
    Firebird (YES! One of my favorites, Bonita deserves another shot at the big leagues! Plus, literaly firepower!)

So, I'd definitly stay with Hawkeye, She-Hulk, American Eagle and Firebird, with a couple of other maybes. I'd add Julia Charpenter as Arachne (with Md Web's powers or not), who I always thought played well with the team. Something else I noticed is the the team is lacking a scientific advisor (always important in the Avengers), I'd try out the new Black Goliath (Tom Foster), who has a pretty blank and underdeveloped background, that would give us free reign into howgood he actually is. Plus, he take the spot I always thought his uncle deserved on the team.

All in all, kudos, and sorry for sticking my nose where it doesn't belong. I just got excited with the idea.

Peace
    God damn Moon Knight. I'm surprised he didn't make into that 90s Avengers cartoon tho considering a lot of the cast were WC. We dodged a bullet.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I stopped reading after Byrne created the White Vision. He tried to fix Wanda and Vision and instead wrecked them for years. With Wanda and Vision effectivly ruined that series lost much of it's appeal to me. So even though I liked Tigra and Hank it still holds no special place for me, just ire that marvel editorial let Byrne do such damage to two of their own characters.
    He wasn't trying to fix them. He hated them as a couple so his only goal was to end their marriage for good. Byrne once said that it was like Wanda was married to a toaster and it didn't make sense. I loved them as a couple and hated what he did to them. I don't think either character has fully recovered from the damage done to them by his WCA run.

I can't believe Bryne read all those Vision stories and was like "He's just a toaster. Why is he with this hot chick?"
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

I understand this thinking. At the end of the day, Vision is an android -- not human. When you're a kid, you don't care, but as an adult you realize that this is a problematic relationship.