Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. Or Arkady, a known serial killer and now cannibal apparently, being allowed to join X-Force. And then there’s an Apocalypse, a genocidal warlord, on the Quiet Council. Sure. Why not? Fresh start. And didn’t Sinister collude with the Nazis during WWII? JFC.

That’s why I’ve always felt that Xavier or someone was manipulating these characters from the beginning of the Krakoan era. So much out of character stuff.
    Yes, I like a lot of the Krakoa era, but the fact that characters are now questioning a lot of that when it should have happened at the beginning is an sticking point to me. There's no way that honor bound Wolverine, who swore on his honor to the mother of that child that he would kill Gorgon, would share a beer with him. I understand the significance of the scene, but Gorgon was the wrong character for that, especially when you have the Silver Samurai right there (and Hickman was writing Gorgon as the SS anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I know, I'm sorry for whining. I've just been bummed about the hate I keep seeing for him all over the internet. From now on, whenever anyone talks about Beast, they'll bring up Percy's run and say 'This disgusting monster(or sack of shit, I've heard both) didn't deserve to get reset'.

I really need much less internet.
    As a Wanda fan, and having been active on these boards during her darkest of days, you have my sympathies.

Astonishing Member

Is the hank stuff over yet ? Also why is laura and akaro just not mentioning gabby ? Is she going to friged for shock value in sabertooth war ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    As a Wanda fan, and having been active on these boards during her darkest of days, you have my sympathies.
    I remember poor Wanda. They made her character radioactive for years afterward. But now she's had her own TV show! Pretty good comeback!

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Is the hank stuff over yet ? Also why is laura and akaro just not mentioning gabby ? Is she going to friged for shock value in sabertooth war ?
    The beginning of the end of the Hank story is FINALLY starting next month, I was just hoping we'd have some hint of it this month.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    This is funny to me, because I have just about the exact opposite opinion. I think Quentin has a ton of (so far unrealized) potential as a character, but I completely hate Percy's version of the character. Instead of being used in an interesting way, writers keep doing the same half-assed redemption arcs that don't work for me at all, and Percy has done the same here in a truly insipid way that frames Quentin wanting to be better because of Sophie, a character he has no business being paired with romantically. And that actually describes a lot of Percy's work for me, rotten from conception.

I still can't get over how he has Omega Red, the guy who genuinely enjoys killing and has at least once been described as a pedophile, just walking around unsupervised, being a "good guy". There's a short list of characters who should never be attempted to be redeemed and OR is one of them.

Colossus the dedicated communist has doubts about Krakoa? Sure thing. It feels like there are a couple writers having characters voice doubts about Krakoa, or playing up the potentially sinister aspects now that it's over, to justify it being editorially dismantled, and it's the last thing I want to see right now.

The Wolverine disconnect between X-Force and X-Men could indicate that one of them is a Beast clone, but I'm probably giving the writers too much credit there.
    To be fair he’s hardly the only character currently associated with this book to fit that criteria. Stares at Dakken Other people have brought up others as well. I’ll agree it should have happened earlier but better late than never. That’s what gets me about Percy, it’s this weird mix of things I love and hate. I hate how long it takes to resolve plots but he was one of the first to actually try and address the existential issues of the Resurrection Protocols and he’ll have my respect for that.

Beast, the Hell are you doing? Mutantkind is facing its darkest hour and your ass is out here doing Orchis’ job for them by attacking the people protecting what’s left. Also, is Wade off the team or is it just that he’s busy with the Unity Division that he can’t be here helping them?

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Yes, I like a lot of the Krakoa era, but the fact that characters are now questioning a lot of that when it should have happened at the beginning is an sticking point to me. There's no way that honor bound Wolverine, who swore on his honor to the mother of that child that he would kill Gorgon, would share a beer with him. I understand the significance of the scene, but Gorgon was the wrong character for that, especially when you have the Silver Samurai right there (and Hickman was writing Gorgon as the SS anyways).
    And even when this era started we had Logan questioning things in the first issue of his solo...only to not do anything with it.

Astonishing Member

I'll note in an extremely mild defense that Magneto apparently doesn't know about the entire Sinister was a nazi experimenting on Jews in Auschwitz detail, otherwise the entire bygones be bygones thing would have gone from very questionable to WTF are you doing Marvel immediately. Actually for all of them, not just Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Actually for all of them, not just Magneto.
    *Apocalypse entered the chat*
    *Selene entered the chat*
    *Omega Red, Sabertooth, literally dozens of brutal villains with no amount of remorse or empathy have entered the chat*

I mean, Poccy psychologically twisted and abused Angel, Polaris, Sunfire (just top three that come to my mind, but there must be other X-Men/good characters who became Horseman I forgot). On a lesser extent Gambit (who volunteered if I remember right) and Wolverine (same?). Not to mention what he's done to Cable back when Nathan Christopher was a baby (and therefore the pain inflicted to Jean and Scott - the powercouple of mutandom). Oh, yes, Scott merged with him and suffered for years because of this.
    It didn't stop him from sit in the Council, be one third of the Krakoa triumvirate, and be one of the more respected of the era (with many, including a couple of A-list characters, pending from his lips during his stay in Krakoa - with only Gambit being outright hostile to him).

I know that perhaps the Holocaust hits harder because it happened in real-life so we can relate to that (unlike fictional events), but in-universe, the suffering of Magneto at the hands of Nazi (or discovering that Sinister had a hand in the Nazis brutalities) isn't worse than what Shaw and Mastermind did to Jean, or, you know, Sabertooth.
    Last edited by Hakka84; 12-27-2023 at 10:08 PM.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Astonishing Member

Oh I know in-universe they don’t really make much sense either, I’m seeing Marvel’s head would be on a pike in a real world sense if they had their minority metaphor knowingly kosher with teaming up with a Nazi concentration camp doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    My first X-Force issue from this volume and I have to say I enjoyed it. I came here because Alpha Flight.

I'll be sure to get the next. Not sure what all the hate is about concerning this title, and I really don't care.
    This issue was much much MUCH better than the vast majority of the previous 46 issues.

Glad you enjoyed it
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    How redeemable can a school shooting person be IRL? This is how I read him. While I think you can write cool and funny stories about Quire and his improvements, with the examples cited, I still believe there are lines that are not supposed to be crossed.

The romance between him and the sister of the girl he stalked, who happen to share a mind with each other, is as disgusting to me as a redemption arc of Jason Wyngarde having a romance with Jean Grey.
    School shooting? He took over the school for kicks, some kids did crack and one (was it more?) of them died. Xorn was baking New Yorkers like cookies. Also Morrison implied the Cuckoos like Quire back.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    School shooting? He took over the school for kicks, some kids did crack and one (was it more?) of them died. Xorn was baking New Yorkers like cookies. Also Morrison implied the Cuckoos like Quire back.
    Yeah, I've seen the school shooter interpretation before, and I don't know that it works. I think a lot of people forget that the Riot at Xavier's started as a protest. Quentin objected to humans being invited into the space that was supposed to protect young mutants from their oppressors, his target was never his fellow classmates. If Morrison was attempting a school shooter story with the character I think he missed the mark. The only casualties I remember were one of the Cuckoos, where it was later revealed that she was being set up by another one of the Cuckoos, and that kid that was made of gas, which I don't think a being made of gas can really be "killed", especially not by a bullet. I don't recall any implication that any of the Cuckoos liked Quentin though, they all found him and his see-through mind creepy.