Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

I’m pretty lost on all of this and where it’s heading with Sinister and the Dominion and whatnot. So… OG Sinister, not one of his four clones, is the Dominion? Is that what’s happening? And either Jean is going to come back or Hope is going to wield the Phoenix (as a sword?) and kill the Dominion? Something like that.

I feel like Logan right now… “I have no idea what the hell is going on right now. Just point me at something to stab.” Ha.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    They dragged the story of Dominion for so long that at this point of time Jean being a statue character is the least of the worries. Its is as if though Gillen is writing himself in all those monologues. It feels lazy.
    Gillen’s a dominion?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m pretty lost on all of this and where it’s heading with Sinister and the Dominion and whatnot. So… OG Sinister, not one of his four clones, is the Dominion? Is that what’s happening? And either Jean is going to come back or Hope is going to wield the Phoenix (as a sword?) and kill the Dominion? Something like that.

I feel like Logan right now… “I have no idea what the hell is going on right now. Just point me at something to stab.” Ha.
    Yes. People here are talking about a fifth Sinister. While it’s accurate, that’s been the case for years now. We have the original Nathan Essex, presumed dead until now, and then the four clones he made, each with a different symbol - diamond, heart (mother righteous), club, and spade.
    That’s

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I like most of what he writes (except Uber) but he does tend to wallow in the emo/shoegazing side of things.

Sinister-Prime's monolog about how stories have no value until they've been stripped of everything that made them unique is one of the coldest things I've ever read. It's an observation that can be applied to anything, from how corporate comics won't let profitable characters stay dead to how Disney shamelessly pumps out re-makes of beloved animated features. Every part of the corpse gets used. That is good writing. He should have saved it for one of his creator-owned books.
    Per that interpretation it’s not good writing. What part of that is relevant to the story or scene? It’s the writer using characters to express the writer’s professional dissatisfaction. Rather than staying focused on telling a coherent story. Yes, please charge me $5.99 to read how dissatisfied you are with your chosen profession. Or charge me $5.99 to tell me your chosen employer is perpetuating an evil. That’s blatant disregard for a lot of people… not good writing.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    I think the thing with Gillen is the sum is greater than the parts; I think the "thank you as fuel" power is a wee lame as others mentioned, and I liked the simplicity of all unearthly all-white space actually being paper (like it would be in real life), but in how the whole thing comes together, and how that was clearly planned from day one, is impressive, masterful, still a little surprising how far it seems to stray from the story's beginning even if inevitable we winded up there.

In contrast, many talk about Hickman like he's God, but with every page I feel a heavyhanded "See? I have a *long range plan* aren't I smart? I am an architect!" suffocates the whole thing. With Gillen, you get that same thoughtful plan, but it/and "We" can breathe.

Also, Judgment Day is my favorite crossover since Messiah Complex.
    Gillen’s not a god, but he’s one step up from what a lord is.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    They certainly have to be used in some aspect of this big conclusion. I think it is kind of a binary choice: they'll either try to "break bread" as you said, or they'll be forced to "team-up" with the mutants when they realize it could destroy them too. Now that I've said that it occurs to me that Moira/Omega/Nimrod could find themselves at war on two fronts, refusing to ally with either the mutants or Enigma Sinister.

Either way, I'm here for it, sounds exciting.
    Yeah I'm thinking they may see it as a threat as well. I don't see Enigma wanting to rule just a sector of time and space as it seems Dominions normally do, but rather any and everything as it wants to be the "Apex AI".
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    That's exactly how I would put it, navel gazing and pseudo-philosophical nonsense that would impress a 14 year old.

His creator owned works are amazing hands down, hell even his first Uncanny run was great; but recently just like Hickman (see G.O.D.S.) he's leaned into his worst in aspects as a writer.

Why can't people just talk like normal human begins? Why does everything have to be written like everyone is faery from a distant land, remember when the X-Men were people and went to the mall?
    Sounds like X-Force may be more your speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And I couldn't care any less that his work is lauded and appreciated.
    You shouldn’t. Like what you like. I happen to like Gillen, but he’s definitely not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    So if I’m guessing right, Enigma is the result of five timelines working out in its favor.

Four for each of the main decks to reach the threshold and provide part of the algorithm, and another timeline for the mutants to kill off the other Dominions and Strongholds (that might otherwise challenge it) allowing it to assimilate their now freed up processing power (which probably explains why it’s beyond even the Living Tribunal or ToAA’s ability to contain.

The big question is, considering Enigma showed up in a Defenders book, whether this is going to be another ‘everyone else dies, only mutants can stop it’ threat or an ‘all hands on deck!’ Summer event that all of marvel must fight?
    This should all be handled in the forthcoming 3-issue “Rise” book

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Gillen’s a dominion?
    If you see some of the monologues he writes as if though that he is writing his own thoughts in his book instead getting inside the perspective of the character. Gillen say that its ambiguous but his obsession with Sinister can actually be related with most of his writing bc Sinister is ALWAYS ambiguous for audience. For me its annoyingly Gary Stu bc he always comes out on top.
    Last edited by Keno; 12-28-2023 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Honestly, I feel stupid, as I still do not understand the Dominion concept at all.

Can someone explain it in simple words?
    In simple terms, dominion = godhood

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    If you see some of the monologues he writes as if he though that he is writing what his own thoughts in his book instead getting inside the perspective of the character. Gillen say that its
    ambiguous but his obsession with Sinister can actually be related with most his writing bc Sinister is ALWAYS ambiguous for audience. For me its annoyingly Gary Stu bc he always comes out on top.
    Hmm. I get what you are saying but when I read the first 12 issues of Immortal, I feel he does a great job at getting into the head’s of each of the 12 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Honestly, I feel stupid, as I still do not understand the Dominion concept at all.

Can someone explain it in simple words?
    It’s not you. If the Krakoan era writers haven’t been able to explain their half baked word salad concepts… not sure what other interpretations could come close.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't like how plot leads story and how heavy handed it is. Storm thanks MR on behalf of all mutants because MR needed it. Sinister was able to get into the dna of those on the council because it needed to happen. Storm handed over reigns to colossus because one point needed to happen. Mutants are deviants. Eternals must attack mutants and destroy arrako. But none of the stories seemed to focus on anything but the plot to destroy the council, krakoa, arrako, etc. I can't think of one growing aspect of the story. Then there was sins of sinister which was an entire plot that didn't really add much either. it has just been spinning on plots imo. Jean is now being dragged around like a dog on a leash because MR needs it to happen. Just too many plots and too little story.
    Oh absolutely. By the time Judgement Day started the worldbuilding aspect of this era was thrown by the wayside (other than what Ewing was doing in Red), and everything was done in service of the eventual 10-month Fall we find ourselves in.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Hmm. I get what you are saying but when I read the first 12 issues of Immortal, I feel he does a great job at getting into the head’s of each of the 12 characters.
    Disagree with this since thats not what I see around bunch of Sinisters except for his favorites.