Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    So Gillen's big play was.... yet another Sinister.

i mean who else would control the four sinisters?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    So Gillen's big play was.... yet another Sinister.

If the story wasn't so beautifully and thoughtfully told, i'd agree with you. But really it's just masterful.

MR knows so much about the WHR even though she said she couldn't enter before

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The biggest problem I have with this book is positioning the Dominion as the big bad, because as a concept it just feels too abstract to fight against. Like functionally it seems no different from how the Phalanx operate, but with the Phalanx there is something to physically fight.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    what Gillen did with mutant magic in two pages.
    Did I miss something? There really wasn't any mutant magic on display in this issue.

Finally some answers. This may have played out much better if the last few issues weren't treading water with word salad.

Instead, we get a dense exposition issue that draws attention to:

- Destiny was powerless in WHR but MR still needed to kill her?
    - Destiny was dead in WHR and is easily revived by Elixir, so the point of her death was...?
    - Destiny knew about the Dominion all along, and as usual said/did nothing (so what kind of threat was Destiny)?
    - All that word-salad-as-mystery was meaningless and (cynically) only meant to sell more issues til we get to this point.
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 12-27-2023 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Did I miss something? There really wasn't any mutant magic on display in this issue.
    He kind of breaks it down by describing mutants as disruptive alternative to science and magic. When mutants collectively believe in something, they're more effective than science and magic. So... "mutant magic."

Fantastic Member

Also, how casually they mention ALL mutants have a connection to the Phoenix and not just Jean was like *Scooby Sound?*

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This latest revelation about the suited Sinisters has me intrigued as to what is next for them. I wonder what part they will play now that it has been revealed that they were only created to further AI/OG Essex's plans. They actually kind of have a lot in common now with Maddie, I wouldn't hate a team up between MR and Maddie Pryor.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Considering that original Nathaniel Essex looked just like the Diamond Sinister clone, I wonder if Irene got them mixed up originally, before she realized the four clones existed. After all, she originally went to Original Reciple Nathaniel and was insistent that they needed to be on the same side, in order to win/avert what was coming - but he WAS the enemy/threat that was coming. But if she'd originally had visions of DIAMOND CLONE Sinister, her future colleague on the Quiet Council of Krakoa, an island nation she foresaw long before it actually came into being even if we don't know precisely when she first knew about Krakoa - if she'd ever definitively been able to get Diamond Sinister on her side, then Enigma could have been stopped. By convincing Diamond Sinister not to make his own attempt at Dominion, they could have prevented Enigma from hijacking that attempt and coming fully online.

But because the one clone Irene was going to end up closely positioned enough to that she saw possibilities via getting him on her side....was ironically the one clone who was practically physically indistinguishable from the original Essex, down to the same diamond marking the original got from Apocalypse's alterations.....she originally mistook them for one and the same.

And thus she ended up playing her hand too early by going to original Nathaniel and attempting to build an alliance with him against a future enemy.....the enemy that was him. And in doing so, she drew the attention of his timeless/unbound-from-reality self, Enigma the Dominion, who intervened directly to preserve the causality that led to him Ascension, afflicting his earlier self with visions & putting a stop to his conversation with Irene.....

With Irene now unable to risk acting too directly because Enigma was on to her and aware she knew enough to possibly threaten his not-quite-inevitable Ascension.
    I think you're completely on the money and it's exactly why Irene couldn't say anything to anyone until the White Hot Room where Dominion couldn't see her.

"I was Nathaniel Essex. I am long dead. I am a ghost. A ghost in the machine."

Funny enough, one of the teaser images released during the last X-Men Monday is them on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    If the story wasn't so beautifully and thoughtfully told, i'd agree with you. But really it's just masterful.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    MR knows so much about the WHR even though she said she couldn't enter before
    She studied the Phoenix Egg for thousands of years in the SOS timeline so that seems to be how she gained her knowledge. It was one of the artifacts she had the Nightcrawlers steal for her.
    Last edited by JB; 12-27-2023 at 02:33 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Ok. How long before sinister 6 or if miss sinister is counted 7

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Ok. How long before sinister 6 or if miss sinister is counted 7
    It's funny with all these Sinisters running around everyone's forgotten about Miss Sinister.

the thank yous stuff is so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Finally some answers. This may have played out much better if the last few issues weren't treading water with word salad.

Instead, we get a dense exposition issue that draws attention to:

- Destiny was powerless in WHR but MR still needed to kill her?
    - Destiny was dead in WHR and is easily revived by Elixir, so the point of her death was...?
    - Destiny knew about the Dominion all along, and as usual said/did nothing (so what kind of threat was Destiny)?
    - All that word-salad-as-mystery was meaningless and (cynically) only meant to sell more issues til we get to this point.
    Destiny was still a threat because she knew things and had been sussing on her this whole time. IIRC, attacking Destiny also helped MR sew chaos and escape with Jean.

Destiny wanted to tell others about the Dominion, but because it could be anywhere and anywhen in the universe, it could know if she spoke up and move to stop her. She's only been able to act very indirectly, and she's been dropping hints about the Dominion as a threat for a while now.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

This wasn't what I was expecting, but it was really good.

Fun Fact: The French introduced the four main suits that are still used today (hearts, clubs, spades, diamonds), but there was once a fifth suit.

In the late 1930s, the United States Playing Card Company was one of several manufacturers to introduce a 65-card deck. In addition to the four established suits, the packages contained a fifth: the eagle. (In England, companies sometimes used a royal symbol of crowns depicted in blue.) The cards were green instead of red or black and were intended for use in bridge games. Hoyle’s Modern Encyclopedia of Card Games makes a passing reference to the suit in its index; collectors who have gotten the deck have noted it contained instructions for playing a five-suit version of poker, where Five of a Kind was a possibility and terms that now seem strange to the tongue and ear (“Queen of Eagles”) were commonplace.

While popular in Europe for a time, five-suit games never really caught on. By the end of World War II, the fifth suit was nowhere to be found, and was largely forgotten.