Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default So Hickman avengers is actually about Mr. sinister

Title explains it off and here are some panels from defenders IMG_3558.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    I can't read anything from that page, it's too small. Also how does a page from Defenders make Hickman's Avengers run about Sinister?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Amazing Member

https://imgur.com/qq4skKo
    https://imgur.com/GZJEyck

Think this is larger, it's a discussion about Dominions, and while this is Ewing in Defenders, it is a discussion about the Beyonder and the 1st Secret War, and then Hickman's version, so I think that is what the original post is about.
    attachments were small, so put on imgur and added links
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Seth_Brower; 01-01-2024 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    The title doesn't explains anything XD
    Could you elaborate ? I read the scans Seth Brower posted and I'm still confused as per your theory ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    The title doesn't explains anything XD
    Could you elaborate ? I read the scans Seth Brower posted and I'm still confused as per your theory ?
    The Beyonders wanted to destroy the Multiverse to prevent Sinister to create the Enigma Dominion. They created a Molecule Man bomb to every universe. Killing a Molecule Man would be the death of that Universe. They wanted to detonate every Molecule Man at the same time to destroy the Multiverse. Dr. Doom with the help of his own universes Molecule Man started to sabotage this plan and they started to kill other Molecule Men. Destroying multiple universes caused the Incursions. etc.... etc....
    So yeah, thanks to this Enigma retcon, Hickman's Avengers was all about preventing the creation of Sinister's Enigma Dominion.

Ah ok I thought the scans were from Ewing's Defenders (which I read and are still a tiny bit confusing) ?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

You can't just post a page from a book that has nothing to do with Hickman then expect people to remember details from 10+ year storyline.

When did Hickman's Avengers discuss Dominions again?
    "Cable was right!"

Ah ok I thought the scans were from Ewing's Defenders (which I read and are still a tiny bit confusing) ?
    The scans are indeed from Ewing's Defenders which is about WHY the Beyonders wanted to destroy the Multiverse in the first place. And they wanted to destroy everything to prevent the rise of Sinister's Enigma Dominion.

So Ewing retconned Hickman's Avengers... or.... was Enigma always a planned thing by Hickman as an ultimate villain in his X-Men comics!? So maybe that part of Ewing's Defenders is based on what Hickman wanted to do with his Avengers story to make his Avengers as a prelude to his X-Men comics like his Fantastic Four was the prelude of his Avengers.
    Last edited by ETMike1988; 01-05-2024 at 05:02 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    The scans are indeed from Ewing's Defenders which is about WHY the Beyonders wanted to destroy the Multiverse in the first place. And they wanted to destroy everything to prevent the rise of Sinister's Enigma Dominion.

So Ewing retconned Hickman's Avengers... or.... was Enigma always a planned thing by Hickman as an ultimate villain in his X-Men comics!? So maybe that part of Ewing's Defenders is based on what Hickman wanted to do with his Avengers story to make his Avengers as a prelude to his X-Men comics like his Fantastic Four was the prelude of his Avengers.
    Hickman left X-Men before this Dominion stuff started happening and his pitch was that humans will turn to machines to beat the mutants and the final conflict will be between machines and mutants. The only resemblance to that in the current storyline is the revelation that Sinister AI took all the info from the 4 Sinisters to achieve Dominion.
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    The Beyonders wanted to destroy the Multiverse to prevent Sinister to create the Enigma Dominion. They created a Molecule Man bomb to every universe. Killing a Molecule Man would be the death of that Universe. They wanted to detonate every Molecule Man at the same time to destroy the Multiverse. Dr. Doom with the help of his own universes Molecule Man started to sabotage this plan and they started to kill other Molecule Men. Destroying multiple universes caused the Incursions. etc.... etc....
    So yeah, thanks to this Enigma retcon, Hickman's Avengers was all about preventing the creation of Sinister's Enigma Dominion.
    Think this post has finally meant I will never buy another comic again.

My wallet thanks you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Hickman left X-Men before this Dominion stuff started happening and his pitch was that humans will turn to machines to beat the mutants and the final conflict will be between machines and mutants. The only resemblance to that in the current storyline is the revelation that Sinister AI took all the info from the 4 Sinisters to achieve Dominion.

BANNED

So, does this mean En Sabah Nur lost his bid to rule the universe to his creation Nathan Essex a.k.a. Mister Sinister a.k.a. Enigma?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I think they're following some of Hickman's blueprint. The 4sinisters were definitely an idea by Duggan and Gillen but maybe the idea behind Fallen Angels and the reappropriation of the Apoch AI by Sinister it was actually planned that Essex could reach Dominion.
    Last edited by Nicoclaws; 01-05-2024 at 10:28 AM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

you can also think of this only happening after Secret Wars which gave the Dominion a chance to influence things for their advantage, we do know that HOX/POX takes place after the incursions as per X of Swords.

I think trying to tie it back throughout continuity will only make things muddier and worst

BANNED

I think they're following some of Hickman's blueprint. The 4sinisters were definitely an idea by Duggan and Gillen but maybe the idea behind Fallen Angels and the reappropriation of the Apok IA by Sinister it was actually planned that Essex could reach Dominion.
    To which "Fallen Angels" do you refer?

I'm only aware of Fallen Angels from back in 1986, thanks.