Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Marvel's cosmic hierarchy makes my head hurt with all the Galactus, Phoenix, Dominion, Abstracts, Beyonder(s), Living Tribunal, TOAA, TOBA and what have yous.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    To which "Fallen Angels" do you refer?

I'm only aware of Fallen Angels from back in 1986, thanks.
    There was a book called Fallen Angels with Kwannon, Sinister, Kid Cable and X-23 which was part of the post HoX/PoX launch.
    "Cable was right!"

The Sinister/Enigma stuff is clearly a retcon from Ewing and Gillen. There's no way Hickman had that in mind even during HoX/PoX, let alone years ago during his Avengers run. Remember, Hickman's idea for Dominions was that they are alliances of ten or more Titans. Titans being AI civilizations that evolved to the point they left the physical universe and existed outside time and space. There are plenty of Dominions, and they each control certain areas of space-time.

Contrast that with Gillen's Dominion, which is an individual person who gathered enough energy (cosmic, magical, mutant, etc.) to push themselves outside of the universe and become a God/Dominion. That one Dominion then blocks others from achieving the same thing. Hickman's Dominions and Gillen's are radically different from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    The Sinister/Enigma stuff is clearly a retcon from Ewing and Gillen. There's no way Hickman had that in mind even during HoX/PoX, let alone years ago during his Avengers run. Remember, Hickman's idea for Dominions was that they are alliances of ten or more Titans. Titans being AI civilizations that evolved to the point they left the physical universe and existed outside time and space. There are plenty of Dominions, and they each control certain areas of space-time.

Contrast that with Gillen's Dominion, which is an individual person who gathered enough energy (cosmic, magical, mutant, etc.) to push themselves outside of the universe and become a God/Dominion. That one Dominion then blocks others from achieving the same thing. Hickman's Dominions and Gillen's are radically different from each other.
    I haven't read last Immortal issue, but isn't the point that the Essex Dominion (Enigma) is NOT a typical Dominion, and Essex's way to reach that level of being without being absorbed by the Titans/Dominion civilization ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I haven't read last Immortal issue, but isn't the point that the Essex Dominion (Enigma) is NOT a typical Dominion, and Essex's way to reach that level of being without being absorbed by the Titans/Dominion civilization ?
    It's not addressed one way or the other. The Hickman-style Dominions aren't mentioned. There's speculation that they're all dead since they were killed in the original 616 future that Omega Sentinel is from, but that hasn't been said in the story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Marvel's cosmic hierarchy makes my head hurt with all the Galactus, Phoenix, Dominion, Abstracts, Beyonder(s), Living Tribunal, TOAA, TOBA and what have yous.
    While not currently defined as a cosmic hierarchy (although it comes off as such), the entire misconception of a "White Hot Room" (retcon or not) being located in the "M'kraan Crystal" erks me to no end...

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    It's not addressed one way or the other. The Hickman-style Dominions aren't mentioned. There's speculation that they're all dead since they were killed in the original 616 future that Omega Sentinel is from, but that hasn't been said in the story.
    Ah ok what I read was just probably fan explanations XD

While not currently defined as a cosmic hierarchy (although it comes off as such), the entire misconception of a "White Hot Room" (retcon or not) being located in the "M'kraan Crystal" erks me to no end...
    Tbh I prefer White Hot Room being in M'kraan Crystal. The whole Mystery and Beyond stuff unnecessarily complicates things imo which is one problem I usually have with Ewing. I feel the same about Hulk and TOBA. Yeah the run is great but the lore behind it can get weirder than it needs to. Now Hickman is doing some weird stuff with abstracts in GODS and while enjoying it I see it as one giant thought experiment rather than a cohesive story. Sometimes simpler is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Tbh I prefer White Hot Room being in M'kraan Crystal. The whole Mystery and Beyond stuff unnecessarily complicates things imo which is one problem I usually have with Ewing. I feel the same about Hulk and TOBA. Yeah the run is great but the lore behind it can get weirder than it needs to. Now Hickman is doing some weird stuff with abstracts in GODS and while enjoying it I see it as one giant thought experiment rather than a cohesive story. Sometimes simpler is better.

To which "Fallen Angels" do you refer?

I'm only aware of Fallen Angels from back in 1986, thanks.
    This one…

https://youtu.be/AelpbAegA-4?si=Ju1LAQg-IVvNGw3S
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Sometimes I feel like if never see Mr. Sinister again it will be too soon.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Sometimes I feel like if never see Mr. Sinister again it will be too soon.
    Yeah, Marvel really doesn't understand the "too much of a good thing" concept.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, Marvel really doesn't understand the "too much of a good thing" concept.
    Eh, DC has managed to oversaturate the Joker, and it hasn't really hurt his popularity or sales numbers. Every new Batman writer always has a Joker take, despite it being diminishing returns (to me at least).

Marvel has already copied the "Three Jokers" idea with Sinister, but haven't yet found a Sinister sidekick to turn into an antihero/antiheroine.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Eh, DC has managed to oversaturate the Joker, and it hasn't really hurt his popularity or sales numbers. Every new Batman writer always has a Joker take, despite it being diminishing returns (to me at least).

Marvel has already copied the "Three Jokers" idea with Sinister, but haven't yet found a Sinister sidekick to turn into an antihero/antiheroine.
    What a twist if the Dominion turns into a X-men sidekick. It would upend the whole story, change everything on its head. Truly a bold new direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    What a twist if the Dominion turns into a X-men sidekick. It would upend the whole story, change everything on its head. Truly a bold new direction.
    I loved the Xavier Dominion theory.