Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How will Captain America react when he is awoke and exposed to the world of 2024

I have read Mark Waid's Captain America: Man Out of Time when it was released in November 2010. It was kinda amusing to see Cap's various reactions to America in the 2010's. When I was re-reading it again to kill boredom, I realized America has changed a bit since 2010, the year when Captain America: Man Out of Time came out on sale.

For example, when Cap is trying to find a pay phone in NYC, after many minutes, he realizes he still can't find a pay phone. (the last NYC public pay phone was removed in 2022, although there are only 4 private pay phones left in NYC).

Cap would also be stunned to find that some Americans are openly speaking disrespectful comments about their President who is Joe Biden in 2024. In the 1940's, most Americans are willing to acknowledge and respect their president even if they didn't vote for him. In 2010, many Republicans still acknowledged and respected Obama as president.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    I have read Mark Waid's Captain America: Man Out of Time when it was released in November 2010. It was kinda amusing to see Cap's various reactions to America in the 2010's. When I was re-reading it again to kill boredom, I realized America has changed a bit since 2010, the year when Captain America: Man Out of Time came out on sale.

For example, when Cap is trying to find a pay phone in NYC, after many minutes, he realizes he still can't find a pay phone. (the last NYC public pay phone was removed in 2022, although there are only 4 private pay phones left in NYC).

Cap would also be stunned to find that some Americans are openly speaking disrespectful comments about their President who is Joe Biden in 2024. In the 1940's, most Americans are willing to acknowledge and respect their president even if they didn't vote for him. In 2010, many Republicans still acknowledged and respected Obama as president.
    Are you sure?

I just want to see Steve Rogers tricked into buying into NFTs somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

The only correct answer is to find a way to go back in time to prevent this future from taking place.

That's something the 6160 aka new Ultimate Universe will answer.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

a deep disappointment that the fascist scourge was not stamped out.

This is something that ought to have been covered in Jay Garrick: The Flash, as his daughter Judy just recently got rescued from time limbo and so is a girl out of time, not unlike Steve. Unfortunately the book isn't dwelling on it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    a deep disappointment that the fascist scourge was not stamped out.
    Yeah, his reaction to seeing Nazis openly marching in the US would be very interesting.

Mighty Member

"Why'd this youtuber push that old lady?"
    "He did it for clout."
    "This Clout guy must be stopped!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This is something that ought to have been covered in Jay Garrick: The Flash, as his daughter Judy just recently got rescued from time limbo and so is a girl out of time, not unlike Steve. Unfortunately the book isn't dwelling on it.
    In fairness, Judy is a teenager, and thus wouldn't be as set in her ways as an adult might.

I think a Cap waking up now would be pissed at how normalized mass shootings are

Steve was only 23 when he was frozen, he wasn't an old fuddy duddy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cap would be shocked by the exorbitant comic book prices being $4.99 dollars. In the 1940's, comic books cost only a dime.

Cap finds a Jollibee restaurant in Times Square and realizes it is from the Philippines, a US territory that didn't became independent until after WWII.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Are you sure?
    Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In fairness, Judy is a teenager, and thus wouldn't be as set in her ways as an adult might.

I think a Cap waking up now would be pissed at how normalized mass shootings are
    Cap would also be pissed at Americans abusing their second amendment rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Cap would also be pissed at Americans abusing their second amendment rights.
    Sounds like Cap's not much of American.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Steve was only 23 when he was frozen, he wasn't an old fuddy duddy.
    He lived on his own, paid rent for an apartment, and saw WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He lived on his own, paid rent for an apartment, and saw WW2.
    Yes. He fought in the bloodiest war that the world has seen. There is no way he fought in the WW2 without killing a few soldiers. He is a soldier who is willing to kill the enemy, especially, if it cannot be avoided.