Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Asm 41 preview

Default Asm 41 preview

"He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post

Typhoid flirting with Spider-Man just to get Fisk good and mad because he fights better when he's mad? The first time in a good while, if ever, that I have at least been amused with this run.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The artwork is hideous, and this storyline is so generic it hurts.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Lmao at Fisk losing his mind, love Jen and Peter’s dynamic Wells is definitely building off their Avenging Spider-Man storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    Lmao at Fisk losing his mind, love Jen and Peter’s dynamic Wells is definitely building off their Avenging Spider-Man storyline.
    Wasn't that technically written by Kathryn Immonen and not Zeb Wells, even though Wells launched Avenging Spider-Man?

I think my biggest issue with Gang War is that, once again, Peter seems like he's taking a backseat to other characters driving the story. He organized and "lead" the heroes but now it's all about the Lincoln family drama and how that coalesces into the main conflict while Spidey just stands around and cracks jokes.

The stuff with Mary is cute but I'm not convinced she and Kingpin have a healthy marriage.

I guess the parallel with the Lincolns/Fisks is effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Man With No Name View Post
    The artwork is hideous, and this storyline is so generic it hurts.
    That new Beetle suit is a crime against costume design. Just turning a genuinely good costume into something unnecessarily dark and edgy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think my biggest issue with Gang War is that, once again, Peter seems like he's taking a backseat to other characters driving the story. He organized and "lead" the heroes but now it's all about the Lincoln family drama and how that coalesces into the main conflict while Spidey just stands around and cracks jokes.

The stuff with Mary is cute but I'm not convinced she and Kingpin have a healthy marriage.

I guess the parallel with the Lincolns/Fisks is effective.

That new Beetle suit is a crime against costume design. Just turning a genuinely good costume into something unnecessarily dark and edgy.
    Yeah, Spider-Man playing the role of supporting character in his own comic has become the norm. I don't like it but for whatever reason Wells obviously does.

Always thought Fisk marrying Typhoid Mary made no sense because she's too chaotic to ever conform to his way of order.

Yeah, I agree Beetle's new look is more of a step down than a step up.

I don’t think any marriage that has Typhoid Mary in it could ever be close to healthy

doubt it will happen but I would like a callback to the typhoid mary arc that Peter had in spectacular spiderman. where mary was killing abusive men and Peter was trying to stop her

doubt it will happen but I would like a callback to the typhoid mary arc that Peter had in spectacular spiderman. where mary was killing abusive men and Peter was trying to stop her
    That would be nice .

Astonishing Member

That was a solid arc. Loved the web mask Spidey made himself in it too.
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

I’m sorry but I just can’t take that outfit Janice is wearing seriously. It just looks so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I’m sorry but I just can’t take that outfit Janice is wearing seriously. It just looks so stupid.
    Yes. It's like a bad Power Ranger costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That would be nice .
    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    That was a solid arc. Loved the web mask Spidey made himself in it too.
    Indeed, it was, though I should mention it was the Bloody Mary personality who was killing men who abused women, and Peter was trying to stop her because . . . well, killing your way through your problems wouldn't necessarily solve as many of them as you might think. For what it's worth, that arc of Spectacular Spider-Man was written by Typhoid Mary's creator Ann Nocenti, and you can probably find it in the massive Daredevil: Typhoid's Kiss TPB collection of Ann Nocenti's Typhoid Mary stories. Come to think of it, someday, there should be a Spider-Man by Ann Nocenti collection or something like that, so we could get another reprint or reissue of that particular arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ImOctavius View Post
    Yes. It's like a bad Power Ranger costume.
    And having seen pretty much every season/series of Power Rangers, as well as a lot of its Japanese source material, Super Sentai, I'd say even those looks are somewhat better compared to the look Janice is rocking right now.