Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Asm 41 preview

By the way, since when has Spider-man had to take Tombstone's advice on dealing with Wilson Fisk? Spider-man had been defeating Fisk's schemes for twenty years when Tombstone was just a gleam in Gerry Conway's eye.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    By the way, since when has Spider-man had to take Tombstone's advice on dealing with Wilson Fisk? Spider-man had been defeating Fisk's schemes for twenty years when Tombstone was just a gleam in Gerry Conway's eye.
    That was my first thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Since Wells writes Peter as a supporting character in his own book who generally takes a backseat to other characters.

This doesn't read like Kingpin to me. He's usually more collected and cunning. Seems to be acting more like Hammerhead.

Quote Originally Posted by duke togo View Post
    This doesn't read like Kingpin to me. He's usually more collected and cunning. Seems to be acting more like Hammerhead.
    Yeah, Fisk's voice feels off.

I know people aren’t liking Gang Wars but I’m enjoying it. Love all the villains. Peter might be taking a back seat in his own mag but I’m sure that will change as this goes on. Janice’s costume is hideous. Give her back her costume Wells. She’s the Beetle not the centipede. I hope she mops the floor with Fisk’s son and the Hulk wannabe. Tombstone vs the Kingpin and the Beetle vs the Rose. Im looking forward to it. I’m all all in for the Toombstone side. I haven’t collected an entire event in decades. This one has been fun. We need another SFOS starring Janice and her team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I know people aren’t liking Gang Wars but I’m enjoying it. Love all the villains. Peter might be taking a back seat in his own mag but I’m sure that will change as this goes on. Janice’s costume is hideous. Give her back her costume Wells. She’s the Beetle not the centipede. I hope she mops the floor with Fisk’s son and the Hulk wannabe. Tombstone vs the Kingpin and the Beetle vs the Rose. Im looking forward to it. I’m all all in for the Toombstone side. I haven’t collected an entire event in decades. This one has been fun. We need another SFOS starring Janice and her team.
    I feel like we've been hoping for that in most arcs in this run .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    The Hulk wannabe is technically a zombie called Digger, and considering that thanks to Al Ewing's Immortal Hulk, gamma radiation comes from a hell below all other hells, it does explain how and why Digger came back despite Spider-Man (seemingly) killing him in his previous appearance way back in JMS's Amazing Spider-Man. That said, I do appreciate your excitement for this Gang War, though we probably ought to be grateful Wells and JRJR didn't turn Janice into the Human Centipede. Now that would be f***ed up. And yes, a new (Sinister) Syndicate book with Janice and her squad could be a fun read.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The Hulk wannabe is technically a zombie called Digger, and considering that thanks to Al Ewing's Immortal Hulk, gamma radiation comes from a hell below all other hells, it does explain how and why Digger came back despite Spider-Man (seemingly) killing him in his previous appearance way back in JMS's Amazing Spider-Man. That said, I do appreciate your excitement for this Gang War, though we probably ought to be grateful Wells and JRJR didn't turn Janice into the Human Centipede. Now that would be f***ed up. And yes, a new (Sinister) Syndicate book with Janice and her squad could be a fun read.
    I still wish they'd bring Boomerang back to life and do Super Foes vs. Syndicate... bring back Fred, dangit! Also agreed, lose the new getup Janice. Although, if someone else took the get-up and called themselves the Centipede... hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    I still wish they'd bring Boomerang back to life and do Super Foes vs. Syndicate... bring back Fred, dangit! Also agreed, lose the new getup Janice. Although, if someone else took the get-up and called themselves the Centipede... hmm...
    Superior Foes led by Boomerang vs. Syndicate led by Janice . . . that could be very fun.

Superior Foes led by Boomerang vs. Syndicate led by Janice . . . that could be very fun.
    Not that the Superior Foes would probably want to work with Boomerang at this point .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not that the Superior Foes would probably want to work with Boomerang at this point .
    Unless he conned, schmoozed, or strongarmed them into it, yeah.

Mighty Member

Unless he conned, schmoozed, or strongarmed them into it, yeah.
    Isn't Boomerang dead?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, Fisk's voice feels off.
    That can be said about numerous characters in this **** run by Wells.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

SO ..spoilers:
    If you're expecting Peter to take center stage this week and do something as the titular character in his own book....then keep waiting this is not that week again..
    end of spoilers