Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Boisterously Confused

I've not read the books, and I enjoyed the series. I won't say it was all utter delight, but it was very good. Far, far better than the films (which probably has something to do with my like for it).

If they took it too easy on what a douche Poseidon was in myth, I get they had to avoid making Percy's dad hate worthy, and they pulled no punches with rest of the lot. I enjoyed how much more complex all the focal characters were. Luke, Grover and Annabelle being standouts.

I extra loved how strong Percy's mom was. Like Lois Lane or Steve Trevor when written well, you can see how she's as much the source of Percy's strength as his divine genetics.

I look forward to more.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's a shame we won't get to see Lance Reddick play Zeus again.

I really like how they handled Luke here.
    True, but he was great in the role so he'll be remembered by a whole new audience.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I've not read the books, and I enjoyed the series. I won't say it was all utter delight, but it was very good. Far, far better than the films (which probably has something to do with my like for it).

If they took it too easy on what a douche Poseidon was in myth, I get they had to avoid making Percy's dad hate worthy, and they pulled no punches with rest of the lot. I enjoyed how much more complex all the focal characters were. Luke, Grover and Annabelle being standouts.

I extra loved how strong Percy's mom was. Like Lois Lane or Steve Trevor when written well, you can see how she's as much the source of Percy's strength as his divine genetics.

I look forward to more.
    If I had any criticisms is that it seems like they toned the violence down a little and the action wasn't always as well-described as it was in the books.

Boisterously Confused

It's nice to see some press saying this is one of the more successful Disney+ streams. It's also interesting that it achieved that in such a low key way.

Ultimate Member

It's nice to see some press saying this is one of the more successful Disney+ streams. It's also interesting that it achieved that in such a low key way.
    That is because they shut down the toxic side that would have issue with the black girl WAY before the show came.

Unlike other times where they let that mess fester and pretty much got shows attacked.

I look forward to more.
    My son says Poseidon shows up two more times in the books and he's the most heroic of the gods.

He is the main character's father and on a retribution path, so it makes sense IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Hey this was renewed for a second season. Congrats to the show.