Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Bringing back the Mutant Circuits idea like it actually had any meaning .

It's nice to see Wolverine and Colossus busting heads again even if I'm convinced the only thing Orchis ever really succeeded at is becoming a villain group the audience is happy to watch our favorite heroes slaughter before they go back to not killing in the Brevoort era (presumably).

Duggan Scott still simping for Jean. I mean, she has been drawn pretty tall lately.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Sigh. No Rogue or Gambit in the preview or on any covers. I’m debating if I should order this or not. Maybe skip it and pick it up if summaries sound good.
    Honestly, I don’t want Duggan writing Rogue and Gambit. And I say this knowing they show up in X-Men soon
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Nor Firestar. I’m having withdrawal!
    Firestar will likely continue to appear in X-Men I'm thinking. Along with Peter and Logan, Gambit, Rogue, ShadowKat, and Nightcrawler are to be on this roster.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I agree. In the recent two decades Jean was drawn taller that how a 1.68 woman would look. At the same time, those who were meant to be very, very tall (Ororo and Betsy) were shortened most of the times - those two should be, as per canon, as tall as, say, Warren, and taller than Bobby - I don't recall many times these heights were portrayed accurately though - even when they are wearing heels. (same applies to men - Scott is a lot taller than Warren and Bobby, but I don't recall them that much different in recent eras).
    I always pictured Emma around Jean's height and... she's 10cm taller, instead! She stands head to head with Ororo and Betsy without the need of high heels. She's Charlize Theron-tall, compared to Jean who should be a little less than Jennifer Lawrence. :O

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Well...if you look at it as Piotr using his mutant strength and power to throw Logan who uses his mutant claws against the opponent then in essence, by basic definition, it is a "mutant circuit".

But yes, it isn't really a mutant circuit by "Krakoan definition" which involves physically combining two or more powers to create a different, specific and desired effect.

I think that was Duggan being a bit silly and shouldn't be read as a serious or factual.
    My first impression is that someone in the future is mislabelling something, giving great importance to something that was actually not so special. As if they were speaking of something that has become legendary, while it actually is just a (awesome) fighting move (not much unlike a flyer carrying another non-flying mutant above the target and then drop them, IMHO) - historians don't always get things right.
    Of course, I might be wrong and those narration boxes are to be taken seriously.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

The fastball special accreditation is laughable, especially since the much more worthy Z'Noxx feat also happened first.

Heck, by that standard, even 60s Jean having Bobby create 4 full sized "Icemen" and telekinetically using them to pummel Blastaar, is an even earlier mutant circuit.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Fastball special being the first mutant circuit is bullshit.
    Fastball special being a mutant circuit is bullshit.
    pure funnybook **** right here.

you gotta give it to Duggan for being so silly in an era that X-Men has been so dour and doom forward

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Sorry, I had to remove your pics, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    According to this image, she's suppose to be 5'4"...
    When Cockrum created his "how to draw the X-Men series", I *think* Marvel hadn't determined those characteristics yet. It might have been an effort to make their depiction consistent? I don't know.

Anyway, I've seen quite some of her official "character sheets" with 5'6''. I'll post two below.

Jean being drawn tall is probably because of the movies where Famke Janssen towered over everybody except Hugh Jackman.
    I'd say it predates the movies. She looked tall during the original X-Factor run already.

I remember being *really* surprised when I learned she was supposed to be 5'6''.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    And according to this one, from the Marvel Database, she's 5'6".
    Indeed. Thanks. :)

Here are two examples. Sorry, I can't remember from where I got the first one anymore. The second is more recent, from Phoenix Resurrection.

Anyway, it's just a curiosity. Very few artists pay attention to their official heights.

I'm happy Werneck remembered Frenzy is supposed to be a tower. :)

Some of you really focus on height when you know artist draw them whatever way they want

He said redhead. It’s Jean.

"Tall" isn't exactly how I'd describe Jean. Storm, Psylocke, or Emma maybe. Jean is and has always been one of the shorter X-Women. Only Kitty and Jubilee are probably shorter.
    He must have been describing Firestar then.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Some of you really focus on height when you know artist draw them whatever way they want ;)

Exactly. But if it isn't Jean, he'll have some explaining to do when she gets out of the WHR! :D

I have no problem with Jean having a shorter height. Kitty and Jubilee or Laura are usually depicted as young adults so they seem always short and has the probability to grown in height. Even Kitty has grown in height to 5ft 6. So there should always be room for shorter women.

BANNED

Oh gods, are egos tied into the idea of Jean not being a tall girl?

Color me sooo surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    He must have been describing Firestar then.
    She's canonically 5'8" so she is taller than Jean. But she doesn't telikinetically control sharp objects so .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Some of you really focus on height when you know artist draw them whatever way they want

How tall is MJ? And with her new powers if she gets lucky with her powers she could hold knifes in the air. And she funny. Face it Cyclops, you just hit the Jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Oh gods, are egos tied into the idea of Jean not being a tall girl?

Color me sooo surprised.
    Are egos tied into the idea of Jean *being* a tall girl?