Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    "Tall" isn't exactly how I'd describe Jean. Storm, Psylocke, or Emma maybe. Jean is and has always been one of the shorter X-Women. Only Kitty and Jubilee are probably shorter.
    I wouldn’t describe her as funny, either, but love is blind.

Gregor’s martyrdom over her husband’s death was ridiculous when it started and continues to be ridiculous. I guess that’s part of being a monstrous villain.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's only a few pages...and I'm admittedly apathetic-AF at this point...but more pointless coversation between Orchis twats and Mutants really isn't doing anything for me here. Wake me up when the Mutants start bringing the fire and the pain to Dr. Gregore, Feilong, OS and their other close associates.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    The redhead Scott mentioned is supposed to be jean?

And why he doesn’t remember mother mold mission from hox/pox? I assumed some memories would be saved in the backup
    She’s tall enough and seems to be describing this look.

IMG_4022.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I loooove seeing them together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Same. Good stuff.
    Do either of y'all play Marvel Legendary? One of my favorites in that game are the 'Colossus and Wolverine' cards.

But yeah, they're a classic pairing. Throw Nightcrawler in there too and you've got a party!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    She’s tall enough and seems to be describing this look.

IMG_4022.jpg
    Jean is often drawn tall indeed, but she's actually supposed to be 5'6'', which is average (or a little above average) for American women, but makes her one of the shortest Marvel heroines, since they tend to be tall.

It's been a loooong while since the artists represented her shorter than most of the heroes around her, though. Besides that, most artists use height to represent age and only make a few characters stand out, giving all the others a standard male or female height.

Sigh. No Rogue or Gambit in the preview or on any covers. I’m debating if I should order this or not. Maybe skip it and pick it up if summaries sound good.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    The pinata special is a great name!!! I love it! Keen to see more of this! I love Logan and Piotr adventuring together!
    Hank and Logan did it together too:

I hope they'll be friends again after this
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I like what I'm seeing and can't wait to read the full issue next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Hank and Logan did it together too:

I hope they'll be friends again after this
    I'm sure that, somehow, we'll have Beast returning to his boisterous bouncy personality soon enough. Whether it be via time travel or mindwiping or just resurrection. Remember that all the Cerebro backups of Hank from his time on Krakoa are gone. They could resurrect Avengers-style Beast again, once the 5 come back from the White Hot Room, theoretically.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I'm sure that, somehow, we'll have Beast returning to his boisterous bouncy personality soon enough. Whether it be via time travel or mindwiping or just resurrection. Remember that all the Cerebro backups of Hank from his time on Krakoa are gone. They could resurrect Avengers-style Beast again, once the 5 come back from the White Hot Room, theoretically.
    That's what's exactly going to happen, resurrecting the Avengers Hank to fight the bad one. I just hope that Logan and Hank can be friends after this, even now that all the bad things are being shoved off to the evil Hank that will be killed off. Their dynamic kind of reminded me of competing brothers, often coming to blows but still caring about each other.

Sorry to derail. Is FOTHOX inspiring apathy in anyone else besides me and Devaishwarya?
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Sigh. No Rogue or Gambit in the preview or on any covers. I’m debating if I should order this or not. Maybe skip it and pick it up if summaries sound good.
    Nor Firestar. I’m having withdrawal!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Jean is often drawn tall indeed, but she's actually supposed to be 5'6'', which is average (or a little above average) for American women, but makes her one of the shortest Marvel heroines, since they tend to be tall.

It's been a loooong while since the artists represented her shorter than most of the heroes around her, though. Besides that, most artists use height to represent age and only make a few characters stand out, giving all the others a standard male or female height.
    According to this image, she's suppose to be 5'4"...

Jean being drawn tall is probably because of the movies where Famke Janssen towered over everybody except Hugh Jackman.

Astonishing Member

This is the first time we see Gregor since Hickman Inferno, am I correct, she decided to grace us with her presence finally.

So Piotr is just flat-out murdering people now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    According to this image, she's suppose to be 5'4"...

Jean being drawn tall is probably because of the movies where Famke Janssen towered over everybody except Hugh Jackman.
    And according to this one, from the Marvel Database, she's 5'6".

JG Height.jpg