Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    guys, the secret is called HIGH HEELS!

Jean's costume clearly is often depicted with heels.
    To be fair heels are also kind of an arbitrary concept in the world of super hero comics thanks to the revolving door of artists depicting the same female characters in the same timeframe with the supposedly same costumes differently in some details including footwear. Which seems to be always up to the preference or focus of the artist (or how much they can bother about such details).

For example just compare how various artist depict some of Storm's classic costumes most notably the white 90's one.

So the heels on same costume can go from short to high to flat sometimes within the same story or even the same comic. All depending on the artist.

I love that the discussion of this preview is mainly about Jean's height.

He was clearly talking about Maddie anyways. She's funnier, has higher heels and COULD maybe get clearance as the Limbo ambassador maybe ?

Throwing in these pages just for fun from the letterless preview pages released last month.

While Colossus and Logan are infiltrating from underneath, I suspect Rogue and Gambit (who are piloting the jet in another page) will be waiting for the poop to hit the fan if/when they rescue Cyclops and they'll be the aerial assault to intercept Sentinels. Kate and Kurt are likely sneaking around inside as well.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Honestly, I don’t want Duggan writing Rogue and Gambit. And I say this knowing they show up in X-Men soon
    I know. Lot of dread mixed with this mini. Lets hope he steers clear of the oh so many mines that are littered in this specific ROMY plot, mines he seemingly planted himself.

Astonishing Member

Anyone want to see the face Gregor will make when she realized doomed humanity when Nimrod turn on her and reveal their true intentions and they hate humans as much as they hate mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I know. Lot of dread mixed with this mini. Lets hope he steers clear of the oh so many mines that are littered in this specific ROMY plot, mines he seemingly planted himself.
    Same here, I don't expect anything good from Duggan, so my hope is that Rogue and Gambit remain wallpaper characters.

But I'm guessing the mini's stupid story with Manifold will show up around here.
    I pray that Duggan has a lot to tell with the other characters so he can't include it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Anyone want to see the face Gregor will make when she realized doomed humanity when Nimrod turn on her and reveal their true intentions and they hate humans as much as they hate mutants.
    I don't think she'd be that shocked since she'd probably have the explanation that Erasmus' memories had not permeated the entire Nimrod system in time for him save her and remain the Erasmus remnant she hoped to re-vitalise in X-Men #20. She already knows his link to humanity is gone ,at least in a way that mattered to her, so anything beyond that becoming anti human would probably come as no surprise to her.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    Same here, I don't expect anything good from Duggan, so my hope is that Rogue and Gambit remain wallpaper characters.

But I'm guessing the mini's stupid story with Manifold will show up around here.
    I pray that Duggan has a lot to tell with the other characters so he can't include it.
    Oh god, I forgot about the Manifold thing. Ugh. Can't wait to see how Duggan deftly weaves that into the story.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Anyway, I've seen quite some of her official "character sheets" with 5'6''. I'll post two below.

Here are two examples. Sorry, I can't remember from where I got the first one anymore. The second is more recent, from Phoenix Resurrection.

Yes, I have only known Jean as being 5'6" tall. Not sure where I know that from, lol.

Thanks for posting these 2 official info panels for Jean, Grinning Soul. I love the second one, the Marvel Phoenix Legacy.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    The redhead Scott mentioned is supposed to be jean?

And why he doesn’t remember mother mold mission from hox/pox? I assumed some memories would be saved in the backup
    There was no backup. He died in space. We got confirmation that the dead X-men had no memories in the Hickman issue where we saw Mystique's POV

Spectacular Member

Colossus acting like Colossus should?

Is this the 80’s?

Looks tremendous, Pete and Logan have such a rich history most writers never touch on.

The 2 of them and Storm are the heart of the X-Men, the 3 of them were always there through Claremont’s run.

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    Colossus acting like Colossus should?

Is this the 80’s?

Looks tremendous, Pete and Logan have such a rich history most writers never touch on.

The 2 of them and Storm are the heart of the X-Men, the 3 of them were always there through Claremont’s run.
    Everyone knows that Jean Grey is considered the heart of the X-men and Nightcrawler its soul. Per Storm

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Everyone knows that Jean Grey is considered the heart of the X-men and Nightcrawler its soul. Per Storm

Jean massacred planets, died, and wasn’t an X-Man for 11 years.

Give me peace.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Oof, you reminded me of something that I already knew, but was trying not to think of…

Just think...in 1 Panel...Marvel killed all the Hope for an entire Line of Comics....all these months later and the Age of X-Man Fallout and Blindfold doing what she did to kick off Rosenbergs Run all look Hopeful and Chipper...
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.