Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default Batman/Phantom crossover: needs to happen

I find it really hard to believe that over the years that Batman & Lee Falk’s Phantom have never teamed up, they could have done a regular Batman comic but it’s never been a thing you have to wonder why hasn’t DC even thought of doing a crossover with the Phantom ever.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    I find it really hard to believe that over the years that Batman & Lee Falk’s Phantom have never teamed up, they could have done a regular Batman comic but it’s never been a thing you have to wonder why hasn’t DC even thought of doing a crossover with the Phantom ever.
    Because the Phantom is not a particularly popular character in the US. DC is in no way obligated to give a rat's ass about the Phantom. Might as well ask why they haven't done a crossover between Batman and Popeye, or the Black Terror, or the Scarlet Pimpernel. Might be of interest only to a handful of older readers or comics historians, but to the average comics reader and especially the casual fans, why would they care?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Because the Phantom is not a particularly popular character in the US. DC is in no way obligated to give a rat's ass about the Phantom. Might as well ask why they haven't done a crossover between Batman and Popeye, or the Black Terror, or the Scarlet Pimpernel. Might be of interest only to a handful of older readers or comics historians, but to the average comics reader and especially the casual fans, why would they care?
    Same reason why there's a Bette Kane appreciation thread and Bette didn t have a movie in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Same reason why there's a Bette Kane appreciation thread and Bette didn t have a movie in the 90s.
    You just proved my point. The average, casual fan has no idea that Bette Kane even exists, in ANY continuity. The people on these boards ARE NOT casual fans.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Lord of the jungle, the hero who stalks. The beasts call him brother, the ghost who waaaaaaaaaaalks!

But if we're being serious, Phantom 2040 x Batman Beyond. That is the book we need.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

A crossover between Batman and Phantom would be amazing, I'd certainly pick it up. I mean, I doubt it will ever happen but I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Might be a controversial opinion but there are other countries in the world, many of which have a hefty population of folks who buy comics.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The Ghost who walks vs. The Man who Bats.
    "Cable was right!"

I really like the Phantom. Used to watch that Defenders of The Earth cartoon. I think that was the name, but not sure. The Phansom, Flash Gordon and Mandrake were in the super hero team with the same name. Really liked that show when i was at elemantary school and the Phantom was my favorite. I really liked the unsuccesful Billy Zane film as well when i was a kid. It was an amazing film for a kid. I even followed Moonstone Comics monthly the Phantom run in the 2000s. But i am not sure how ok Batman would be with the Phantom's gun though. You know Batman's one rule and hate of guns when it is properly written.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Cover to a crossover that has yet to happen.

BatmanPhantom.jpg

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

It is irksome that we've seen Batman/Shadow, but not Batman/Phantom.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”