Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Bruce needs his money, company, and home back

It’s about time Bruce recovers what Selina gave to Lucius Fox his fortune and company. It really made no sense for Lucius to keep all of. Rice’s money and company. Even his own children called him out on it, but he needs to give Bruce back his company and fortune…it’s time already.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twobit View Post
    It’s about time Bruce recovers what Selina gave to Lucius Fox his fortune and company. It really made no sense for Lucius to keep all of. Rice’s money and company. Even his own children called him out on it, but he needs to give Bruce back his company and fortune…it’s time already.
    The complete deconstruction of Bruce Wayne has long since ran it's course and now Vandal Savage has the mansion and cave. We need a story with Bruce going in and taking his company back, hostile takeover if needed and then going and getting his mansion and cave back...very hostile takeover.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Yeah, I'm pretty over Bruce "I'm not that rich now" Wayne and not having Wayne Enterprises around.

Astonishing Member

Bruce needs Alfred back.

Astonishing Member

The loss of Alfred, and the "Here's my special Bat Base on the moon where I keep my Batsuit powered by Black Holes in case I ever need to humble The Flash" level of wealth for Bruce are both good things for the character. I'd be sad to see them reversed.

Extraordinary Member

Hmm
    Him loosing his fortune ceased batfamily additions
    He can’t take in anymore kids and Alfred isn’t there to take care of them. Thus characters like Duke Cass and Tim all become self sufficient. We don’t know how they take care of themselves but they do. I don’t mind the coziness Bruce and Damian has, for the next few years. I’d let them cement keeping the kids out the house and let them be adults

Boisterously Confused

It will be back, it's at the core of what the character is. Clark Kent will always return to being a reporter and Batman will always be an aristocrat.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    The loss of Alfred, and the "Here's my special Bat Base on the moon where I keep my Batsuit powered by Black Holes in case I ever need to humble The Flash" level of wealth for Bruce are both good things for the character. I'd be sad to see them reversed.
    I think that's pretty overblown. Especially considering how over the top Zdarsky still gets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Hmm
    Him loosing his fortune ceased batfamily additions
    He can’t take in anymore kids and Alfred isn’t there to take care of them. Thus characters like Duke Cass and Tim all become self sufficient. We don’t know how they take care of themselves but they do. I don’t mind the coziness Bruce and Damian has, for the next few years. I’d let them cement keeping the kids out the house and let them be adults
    Isn't that more WFA? Although everyone showed up for breakfast pre-Gotham War.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that's pretty overblown.
    Which bit? The Bat Base on the moon that Tomasi gave him, or the.... well, Wiki tells me I was slightly misremembering. Snyder gave Bruce a suit he'd funnelled enough money into the development of that it could think faster than the Flash so that he could beat him up. The cosmology was in the red suns he'd collected from dead solar systems and put in the fists of his Superman-punching suit.

Bat-Goddery justified because Bruce had a child's idea of a fortune - a trillion million bajillion dollars. I don't miss it.

Especially considering how over the top Zdarsky still gets.
    No part of Zdarsky's really - really, really - wierd run would be better if Bruce was a billionaire rather than a millionaire.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that's pretty overblown. Especially considering how over the top Zdarsky still gets.

Isn't that more WFA? Although everyone showed up for breakfast pre-Gotham War.
    Yea but they don’t live with him and he’s not taking care of them except Damian now. I think Bruce had adopted / warded Duke for a year but now he lives on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Which bit? The Bat Base on the moon that Tomasi gave him, or the.... well, Wiki tells me I was slightly misremembering. Snyder gave Bruce a suit he'd funnelled enough money into the development of that it could think faster than the Flash so that he could beat him up. The cosmology was in the red suns he'd collected from dead solar systems and put in the fists of his Superman-punching suit.

Bat-Goddery justified because Bruce had a child's idea of a fortune - a trillion million bajillion dollars. I don't miss it.
    It really depends on the stories/tone. Tomasi and Snyder (and even Morrison) went above and beyond but that was the kind of stories they were telling which was these bombastic, action-packed, stuff with Silver Age level feats. There's as much room for that as there is grounded and smaller-scale Batman stuff but we get far less of the latter than the former (which isn't really relevant to Bruce's wealth status).

The JL never come off well in Batman books no matter who is writing it .
    No part of Zdarsky's really - really, really - wierd run would be better if Bruce was a billionaire rather than a millionaire.
    It probably wouldn't change much if he was though aside from living in the Brownstone or I guess evidence that Bruce is perpetually losing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Yea but they don’t live with him and he’s not taking care of them except Damian now. I think Bruce had adopted / warded Duke for a year but now he lives on his own.
    The only people who ever live at the mansion is the current Robin (sometimes) or equivalent. I think Cass and Duke were special cases.

Ultimate Member

I don't think he needs to be the richest man in the world, but yeah he should certainly get his company and mansion back

Incredible Member

I agree that it's time or close to the time that Bruce/Batman should get his money back along with the company and most definitely the Manor too.
    It doesn't look like Alfred is coming back anytime soon , but Batman/Bruce Wayne has been all about contingency plans .
    Back up plans for everything that life throws at him.
    Right now in Batman , Zur & Failsafe have taken over , but eventually he'll overcome that .
    In Tec , they thought that he was hanged in public but he escaped that with Selina's help and Gordon and now Talia .
    Only in Batman & Robin everything seems more or less back to normal for Batman , lol .
    Hopefully in 2024 , Bruce will have plans to get everything back and maybe that could be a good story too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    I agree that it's time or close to the time that Bruce/Batman should get his money back along with the company and most definitely the Manor too.
    It doesn't look like Alfred is coming back anytime soon , but Batman/Bruce Wayne has been all about contingency plans .
    Back up plans for everything that life throws at him.
    Right now in Batman , Zur & Failsafe have taken over , but eventually he'll overcome that .
    In Tec , they thought that he was hanged in public but he escaped that with Selina's help and Gordon and now Talia .
    Only in Batman & Robin everything seems more or less back to normal for Batman , lol .
    Hopefully in 2024 , Bruce will have plans to get everything back and maybe that could be a good story too.
    Lets hope that goes differently than how he wanted to get Damian back. Considering that began with forcing Jason to live through the memories of his own horrific death. Or his plans for a rogue Justice League, which nearly got him and all the people he called friends, killed. And no, the mind wiping isn't even an excuse for even that anymore, considering what he recently did to Jason (whom the writers can't seem to figure out how to write).

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

The "richest man in the world" thing was an aberration of the last few decades. It has it's fans in the wish fulfilment section but for me it was a detriment to the character.

Does he need money? Yes, and he is still rich. He can buy cars and costumes and whatever else.

Does he need to be the world's richest man with a bespoke rocket to take him around the world in seconds? Nope, that's Luthor's domain.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!