Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    It's worked before, hasn't it?

My thoughts exactly.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    It's worked before, hasn't it?

Yes, it did. But that was a very different era.

I think the Nolanverse Bat-films have just raised the bar for the character so much that it wouldn't be feasible to do a TV series.

Batman would work incredibly well as a tv show. Hell I think all comic book properties work better on the small screen in many individual adventures as opposed to one big romp on the big screen. Especially in these days when decent costuming and effects doesn't have to break the bank budget wise.

Its why I can't help but get annoyed with ideas like Gotham. On its own it doesn't sound half bad, and I'm kinda interested. But at the same time, why not just do Batman? Its working for Arrow. There's no "clever" prequel concept, its just a straight up superhero show. And people dig it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-06-2014 at 03:22 AM.

Yup, Arrow pretty much IS Batman, no reason you can't go the extra few inches and actually use Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker Venom View Post
    I think the Nolanverse Bat-films have just raised the bar for the character so much that it wouldn't be feasible to do a TV series.
    Well, after the debacle that was The Dark Knight Rises, I think that bar has been lowered a bit.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Well, after the debacle that was The Dark Knight Rises, I think that bar has been lowered a bit.
    An 88% favorable rating from critics/ 90% favorable rating from audiences is a debacle now?

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    An 88% favorable rating from critics/ 90% favorable rating from audiences is a debacle now?
    I don' t understand the hate either. Sure I didn't like a few parts. No one was surprised cotiliard was taila. And tom blake as a version of robin felt like a slap to the face but other than that it was a good movie.

Boisterously Confused

It would be very difficult. Batman's cape is problematic in live action and would probably eat more effects budget than most of realize. So the show would caught between financial realities and (if some responses to MAoS are any indication) fans that would be incensed because the show doesn't look as slick as any of the films since Tim Burton's.

Astonishing Member

Batman could absolutely work, but it'd need more than a broadcast TV budget. Put it on a premium channel and it should do fine.

I'd be interested in seeing a Bronze Tiger show though or even a Suicide Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Did this really need a thread? Couldn't this have been asked in the gotham thread?
    Eh, the topic is sufficiently interesting in and of itself that a separate thread to discuss it is appropriate.

Extraordinary Member

He's too big. Maybe Night Wing.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuelbelievesinCyclops View Post
    Considering how well Arrow is doing and the rise of new DC TV shows...
    Batman could BE Arrow. Diggle is Alfred. Felicity is Barbara Gordon.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Hamdinger View Post
    Arrow basically is Batman. He sure isn't Ollie.
    Well, in the comics there have been a lot of Ollies. Some of them were not much different from Bruce Wayne.

Sandy Hausler

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    He's too big. Maybe Night Wing.
    You know, I wondered why CW didn't try to make a Nightwing show instead of Green Arrow.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    You know, I wondered why CW didn't try to make a Nightwing show instead of Green Arrow.
    If I remember right, a pilot called Grayson was proposed, and got rejected.