Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Question Question?

I had a question About Marvel’s Unlimited Infinite Comic Series;

I want to include them in my list, But they are structured differently so;

1.) Do You know of the Infinite Comics Series?

2.) If So, do I count 1 issue as 1 comic read or should it be counted Them Differently?
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I had a question About Marvel’s Unlimited Infinite Comic Series;

I want to include them in my list, But they are structured differently so;

1.) Do You know of the Infinite Comics Series?

2.) If So, do I count 1 issue as 1 comic read or should it be counted Them Differently?
    I'd say it's up to you how you want to count them. If you want to do a 1 to 1 for them, go for it. If you want to tally up the pages of the Infinite Comics and divide by 20 (or 22 but 20 is the standard now and easier math), go for it. It's informal, so tally the way that works for you.

If its a single issue I count it as 1 no matter how many pages it has (17 page Bronze Age Marvels are 1, a 64 page annual is 1, a 44 page into issue is one, but OGN and comic strip collections, I divide the pages by 20 to get an approximate issue total. But each person's methodology is going to be different.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 01-10-2024 at 05:46 PM.
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Mighty Member

20-25) Ultimate Fantastic Four 7-12- I liked this arc as well, but the decompression is real. This could have been 3 issues instead of the six we did get. However, we're half way through the Elis run, and I've enjoyed UFF so far, even if I think it's pretty slow. I'm glad I'm not reading this month to month as it would have been torture.

26) JLA 33- Decided to read this random issue of JLA by Waid in the middle of Morrison's run. Honestly, I liked this issue a lot. I'll probably reread it later in the year if I manage to get round to Morrison's JLA. But it was a fun story which didn't try to be big, instead it just wanted to tell its own little thing.

27) Ultimate Universe 1- As you can tell, I'm a pretty big fan of the OG Ultimate Universe, so getting Hickman on it now makes the whole thing a lot better for me. I enjoyed this issue a lot, even through it's a lot of set-up for later stories. I look forward to seeing these ideas get paid off down the line.

28) Ultimate Spider-Man (2024) 1- I may talk about this in greater detail at some point, but as someone who is a big fan of the original Bendis book, this Hickman book is off to a great start. I loved this issue from the art to the characterisation. If Bendis USM was my Spider-Man growing up, then this may be my Spider-Man as an adult.
    One of the better books I've read in a while.

29) The Manhattan Projects 1- Capping off this mini Hickman trilogy, I picked up the entire Image series. So far, this first issue has a lot of the same ideas that went into his Avengers, to the point where it feels like a third, hidden title to that run (obviously it's not, but thematically, it makes sense). I like the twist at the end and the art is once again pretty great.
    Hickman just doesn't miss.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Currently on 79 after going through the final 2 omnibus’ of Ed Brubakers Cap run mixed in with weekly pulls. Uncanny X-Force next.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    20-25) Ultimate Fantastic Four 7-12- I liked this arc as well, but the decompression is real. This could have been 3 issues instead of the six we did get. However, we're half way through the Elis run, and I've enjoyed UFF so far, even if I think it's pretty slow. I'm glad I'm not reading this month to month as it would have been torture.
    I remember loving Ultimate FF when I read it a few years back.

So far this month, I've read TMNT IDW Collections 11-14 and now I'm on to Rick Rememder's Seven to Eternity. I've been blown away at how much I've loved the TMNT comics. I'm not even a huge Turtles fan. I checked out The Last Ronin and enjoyed that, which got me reading the ongoing series. It's fantastic! Planning to start picking up the new series with Jason Aaron.

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

Very cool! Highly recommend the original Eastman/Laird run in Ultimate Collections too, one of the original hit indie comics. So good.

January
    Blacksad 6 & 7: 4
    The Tellos Saga: 11
    The complete Moonshine: 28
    The Immortal Hulk omnibus: 62

Total: 105

Mighty Member

I probably won't reach the 1000 target this year, but it'll be fun to see how close I get.

#30 Spawn 57- I'm at that point in Spawn where I'm reading an issue, enjoying it, but I don't have the desire to read the next issue straight away. These books are fine, if a slog to get through, and considering I've made it to 57, I would say that's a fair number. Still, I do hope to get to 100 soon.

#31-32- Fantastic Four (1961) 13-14- The early FF stuff is a mixed bag, for as out there as the plots get, I can safely say I've not been bored. Issue 13, with the Red Ghost was probably one of the strongest issues of this run so far. The silliness was put a minimum and the stuff with Watcher was great, the messaging is very heavy handed however. 14 with Namor was once again a fun little issue, but it does seem the comic is recycling the same handful of villains. I look forward to when this run gets to the real crazy stuff.

#33-34- Sandman 1-2- So... I love these two issues. They are honestly great issues that are a lot of fun to read. There is a certain darkness to them which makes the tone and the stories more enjoyable in my opinion. I don't really have much else to say besides if you haven't read them I recommend these comics.

Wrapped up my reading for the month.

200 comics read for January. The list of what I read can be found in this link below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...=0&single=true

Alright January is done, time to tally.

2023 Total=1324 comics.

January Reads
    Canary #2
    Scarlett Couture: The Munich File #5
    Conan the Barbarian (2023) #6
    Birds of Prey (2023) #5
    Batman/Santa Claus: Silent Knight #1-4
    The Batman & Scooby Doo Mysteries (2024) #1
    Titans: Beast World #2
    Titans (2023) #6
    Shazam! #7
    The Hunger and the Dusk #5
    Savage Red Sonja #3
    Red Sonja (2023) #6
    Batman: The Brave and the Bold (2023)#8
    Doctor Strange (2023) #11
    Vampirella: Dead Flowers #4
    Dungeons & Dragons: Fortune Finder #2
    Crusader #4
    Harriet Tubman: Demon Slayer #4
    The Maze Agency (2023) #1
    Usagi Yojimbo: Ice & Snow #4
    Zorro: Man of the Dead #1
    Titans: Beast WOrld #4
    Looney Tunes #276
    Batman Beyond #1 Facsimile Edition
    Savage Sword of Conan #44-46
    Adventures in the DC Universe #1-12
    Wonder Woman #5
    Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #23
    Titans #7
    Titans: Beast World #5
    Ministry of Compliance #1-2
    Detective Comics: The Rebirth Special Edition Vol. 1 (collects #934-949)
    Nightwing Vol. 3: The Battle for Bludhaven's Heart (collects #92-96)
    Nightwing Vol. 4: The Leap (collects #97-100, 2022 Annual)
    The Flash Vol. 3: Rogues Reloaded (collects #14-20)
    Batman: Ego and Other Tails (200 pp; collects Batman: Ego, Selina’s Big Score and material from Solo & Batman: Gotham Knights)
    Batman: The Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book 2 (collects 16-20, 23-32, Annual 1)
    Batman/Flash: The Button (collects Batman 21-22, Flash 21-22)
    The Flash The Rebirth Deluxe Edition (collects #23-27)
    Detective Comics: The Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book 2 (collects #950-962)

for the equivalent of 129 comics for the month.

YTD total Jan.-129.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 02-29-2024 at 02:09 AM.
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

January
    Blacksad 6 & 7: 4
    The Tellos Saga: 11
    The complete Moonshine: 28
    The Immortal Hulk omnibus: 62
    Black Panther by Priest omnibus 1: 35

Total: 140

Spectacular Member Chintzy Beatnik's Avatar

January Singles
    Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom Special (DC Comics 2023) #1
    Aquaman: Through Fire and Water (DC Comics 2024) #1
    Daredevil & Echo (Marvel Comics 2023) #1-4
    Josie Anniversary Spectacular (Archie Comics 2023) #1
    Marvel Spotlight (Marvel Comics 1971) #32
    Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars (Marvel Comics 1984) #1-3
    Marvel Two-In-One (Marvel Comics 1974) #29-32
    Quick Stops II (Dark Horse Comics 2023) #1-2
    Sabrina the Teenage Witch Holiday Special (Archie Comics 2023) #1
    Star Trek: Strange New Worlds—The Illyrian Enigma (IDW Publishing 2022)#1-4
    Superman '78: The Metal Curtain (DC Comics 2023) #3
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Usagi Yojimbo: WhereWhen (IDW Publishing 2023) #1-5
    Timeless (Marvel Comics 2023) #1
    Ultimate Invasion (Marvel Comics 2023) #1-4
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Marvel Comics 2024) #1
    Ultimate Universe (Marvel Comics 2024) #1
    Void Rivals (Image Comics) #1-6
    Watchmen (DC Comics 1985) #1-2
    Wesley Dodds: The Sandman (DC Comics 2023) #2-3
    What If...? Dark: Moon Knight (Marvel Comics 2023) #1
    What If...? Dark: Tomb Of Dracula (Marvel Comics 2023) #1

January Trades/Graphic Novels

Batman/The Flash: The Button Deluxe Edition (DC Comics 2017; collects Batman #21-22 and The Flash #21-22)
    Critical Role: The Mighty Nein Origins: Beauregard Lionett GN (Dark Horse Comics 2024)
    Flash Forward (DC Comics 2020; collects #1-6)
    Grim Vol. 1 (BOOM! Studios 2023; collects #1-5)
    Masters of the Universe: Forge of Destiny (Dark Horse Comics 2024; collects #1-4)
    Saban's Go Go Power Rangers, Vol. 2 (BOOM! Studios 2018; collects #5-8)
    Something is Killing the Children, Vol. 1 (BOOM! Studios 2020; collects #1-5)
    Star Wars, Vol. 6: Quests of the Force (Marvel Comics 2023; collects #31-36)
    Star Wars: Darth Vader, Vol. 6: Return of the Handmaidens (Marvel Comics 2023; collects #28-32)
    Star Wars: Darth Vader, Vol. 7: Unbound Force (Marvel Comics 2023; collects #33-36 and Darth Vader (2015) #3)
    Star Wars: Doctor Aphra, Vol. 6: Ascendant (Marvel Comics 2023; collects #26-31)
    Star Wars: Hidden Empire (Marvel Comics 2023: collects #1-5)
    Stranger Things: Tales from Hawkins (Dark Horse Comics 2024; collects #1-4)
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Saturday Morning Adventures, Vol. 2 (IDW Publishing 2024; collects #1-5)
    The Flash Vol. 15: Finish Line (DC Comics 2021; collects #756-762)

A good start with 112 for January.

Mighty Member

35-37- Fantastic Four 15-17- These issues were pretty fun. I don't remember much about #15 besides enjoying it, and the Doom two-parter was goofy as hell. Some really fun stuff here. You can tell the comic is slowly starting to come together. Kirby's art is also starting to get more out there with the visuals. Honestly, the best of the FF so far.

38-39- Batman: Rebirth #1 & Batman (2016) #1- The opening chapters to Tom King's run and I thought these were pretty serviceable. The first one-shot was just a introduction to the whole story, not really planting any seeds, but instead giving us an idea on how Tom writes Batman, the following issue which started the series proper was a good opening chapter to an arc. It bounces off some of the parts of the rebirth issue while feeling like you don't need to have read that issue. I did like Batman's thoughts of sacrificing himself, that was a pretty good emotional moment even if it felt forced due. I look forward to more from King and this run.

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

Deadpool -1

Superman 298

Those are my two comics so far this year, well the year really starts in February for me uh yep.

My goal is 300 comics this year, so 298 to go! So since the first month was a dud there, that'll be 27 comics a month average for these next 11 months. And the more the merrier.

I did read a lot about comics, blogs about old issues etc with some pages on them etc, flipped through some stuff, added a lot to the read list. So the interest is there, I just gotta get back in the habit.