Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    She's not a teacher in this. Unless we see the Hellions
    Which makes this series so...unpalatable to me. They're recreating scenes and plots and story beats that are far removed from the actual stories that were told so it all comes across as What if....? episodes or AU retelling that holds no emotional resonance for me.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Unfortunately, Emma would never have gotten that kind of moment in this series. Every scene basically serves to further the story of one of the main cast. Emma having a character defining moment won't have the same impact with the general audience, since they barely know her. Instead, the writers made that moment about how a survivor affected the team. Jubilee cried because it was a moment that gave others hope, while Cyclops cried because his hope of Maddie surviving was taken away. Emma's only hope of having character defining moments is if she gets promoted to the main cast like Nightcrawler has. Perhaps in season 2?
    I think the Morrison/Genosha scene is the perfect way to introduce a new character to the audience. It was very dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Fair enough. Hope is a diamond after all though and I feel the way Emma has resonated with the queer community in real life led to this adored diva take. The fans on Twitter let their opinions KNOWN to DeMayo when he was hating on her lmao
    Really hope he came to understand her character better before he got fired and/or that those taking over writing duties get Emma. Kinda was hoping there would have been more to the reveal of her surviving the Genosha massacre in the recent episode. As others have said. It wouldn't have taken much to hint that there was more to her.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Can someone knowledgeable of Emma post feats of her using Telepathy while in her diamond form? Like her very best... I'd really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Can someone knowledgeable of Emma post feats of her using Telepathy while in her diamond form? Like her very best... I'd really appreciate it!
    Emma isn't able to use her telepathy while in diamond form. Being in diamond form also dulls her feelings, so she doesn't feel pain, physical or emotional. There may have been some instances on the page where it looked like she was using telepathy while in her diamond form, but those were most likely due to a coloring error. She cannot use both powers at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Emma isn't able to use her telepathy while in diamond form. Being in diamond form also dulls her feelings, so she doesn't feel pain, physical or emotional. There may have been some instances on the page where it looked like she was using telepathy while in her diamond form, but those were most likely due to a coloring error. She cannot use both powers at the same time.
    Really? Like not even once?!?

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Really? Like not even once?!?
    Astonishing X-Men she's communicated in it. There's a few times but it might have been artistic error. She's meant to be immune to it and thus cannot use it.

My no prize is her Diamond form can act as an amplifier and disperser of Psi energy. Soany energy that is exerted is dispersed.it should act as an energy disperser if they wanted to delve in it
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; Today at 05:10 AM.

well, in X Men 97 she could use TP somehow while in diamond form... Jean felt her and she said "a telepath" and Emma was under the rubble in diamond form.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

I also think in the original New X-men there was a clear difference with Diamond Skin and Diamond Form. If you recall the artistic depiction of Diamond Skin was a dual human /diamond form while she's completely solid in Diamond Form. So that should be tackled in the lore.
    Also in Unlimited X-men she was able to shatter a crystal citadel by amping her telepathy with that diamond form creatures.

Also think TKs shouldn't be able to lift her as the energy should disperse through her unless they picked the air molecules up around her

I always thought the diamond form was an extreme manifestation of Emma´s TK, rearranging her molecular composition. A bit like when Rachel subcounsciously devolved her body into a dinosaur form. Emma subsconscious chose diamond (of course) to protect herself and used her TK to change her body´s composition into organic diamond.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

I always read the diamond form and diamond skin as the same thing...solid diamond...internal and external. It's why she was completely shattered and had to be reassembled when she was shot. I think in NXM they only make the distinction when talking about it in general/casual terms.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I always thought the diamond form was an extreme manifestation of Emma´s TK, rearranging her molecular composition. A bit like when Rachel subcounsciously devolved her body into a dinosaur form. Emma subsconscious chose diamond (of course) to protect herself and used her TK to change her body´s composition into organic diamond.
    Same here.