Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Duggan's strongest material was his X-men Year 2 and Im including Dark Web in that. X-men 13-Hellfire Gala 2023 was pretty solid despite having alot of crossovers and events (A.X.E, Dark Web, Brood). I dont feel like these derailed things and tha year was overall very enjoyable. The Fall of X stuff is where things fall apart. Its reminding me of the end of Bendis' run. Just dragging out with major pacing issues
    Year Two is definitely the best of his X-Men run. I enjoyed the second Gala as well - though weakest overall.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Emma being left to face a potentially corrupted Charles using Cerebro? Now I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Emma being left to face a potentially corrupted Charles using Cerebro? Now I'm interested.
    Yeah. My interest went up in this poorly written exit with that scene.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Yeah. My interest went up in this poorly written exit with that scene.
    It makes sense for Emma to do it as well. She was convinced to join Krakoa because Charles and Magneto said it wouldn't be like Genosha yet Charles has actively made it so.

Spectacular Member mattsarchamp's Avatar

The White Queen's Exceptional team.

8ebc7l6hb4vc1.jpg
    Peerless and Fearless

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That Shein outfit looks nothing like what Emma would choose to wear. It's revealing yes but it's clearly not couture!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

Very happy morning. I'm surprised nobody has posted about 97

Yeah Diamond Emma <3

I was expecting more focus on her, tbh. I wonder if she'll joing them at the end of this season or on the next

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I was expecting more focus on her, tbh. I wonder if she'll joing them at the end of this season or on the next
    My guess is we won't get anything real with her till next season. The finale is the remaining 3 episodes. This wasn't as powerful as the actual moment in New X-Men but I am glad it was included and support Emma's significance in the series.

I thought it was odd how the collapse she was wearing her Hellfire uniform and the she was found in her gala dress (as she was in the episode). Insanely minor but noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Yeah Diamond Emma <3
    I don't think I can watch this anymore. It's just to infuriating. He clearly despises the character as that was the least Emma entrance I've ever scene. If there was scene that could have been 1:1 that's iconic it should have been that one.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Gray View Post
    Very happy morning. I'm surprised nobody has posted about 97
    I get it's nice to see it in animated action but...and this is my critique about XMTAS and XM 97 overall...this isn't new and the comic books did these stories so much better.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I don't think I can watch this anymore. It's just to infuriating. He clearly despises the character as that was the least Emma entrance I've ever scene. If there was scene that could have been 1:1 that's iconic it should have been that one.
    Yeah, they just got rid of one of the most iconic moments from Genosha and gave her a one liner. This could have been the start to establishing something about her character, but can't expect much when we saw what he things about her.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Yeah, they just got rid of one of the most iconic moments from Genosha and gave her a one liner. This could have been the start to establishing something about her character, but can't expect much when we saw what he things about her.
    It wouldn't have taken up much time at all. The problem would be a dramatic moment like that would demand a follow up scene.

"I've always done well under pressure" is a better line than "It got hard" though. The Newton Brothers also ate with that score, coupled with the people cheering for Emma.