Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

I donīt dispair... Emma got her diamond form in Genosha and it can be used as her epiphany moment and Hellions/GenX etc can be mentioned afterwards. Letīs wait till next week.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Even though she had a small role in this episode, she still had some good moments. She was on the ruling Council of Genosha. She took a dig at Val's dress. That was so Emma!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Even though she had a small role in this episode, she still had some good moments. She was on the ruling Council of Genosha. She took a dig at Val's dress. That was so Emma!
    Quips don't make characterisation. She had no ground work not even in passing as a teacher. It would be very hard to empathise with her even if she did do a 180 because she is essentially a hollow character in TAS and that was always the case. His disdain for the character is very apparent here. I only hope they launch another cartoon.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-10-2024 at 06:17 AM.

Before his firing, Beau had stated on his Instagram that he had a multi-season arc planned for Emma.
    Based on his previous comments I don't have any faith in his version of the character. Its possible others overruled him or things will change now that he's gone, but we'll see. Based on some other comments I don't have much faith there either.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I'm just so sick of the man. The first adaption of E is For Extinction and the first thing you see if D list Villains Emma with no link to teaching or anything because he decides to not even mention Gen X in passing. It would be like doing the first Marvel X-men movie and giving the Phoenix /Shiar storyline to Wolverine.

The mesh between Krakoa and this as well was certainly a choice after everything he said on his Twitter.
    I wasn't really expecting them to tackle Gen X with how the series was announced. But now the only way they could've have done would have been to mix Gen X with the Genosha flashback from New X-Men. Maybe have Roberto and Jubilee be the focus of the episode. I wasn't sure how you do the arc without the time for Gen X but now I'm not really sure with events happening in a different order.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Based on his previous comments I don't have any faith in his version of the character. Its possible others overruled him or things will change now that he's gone, but we'll see. Based on some other comments I don't have much faith there either.

I wasn't really expecting them to tackle Gen X with how the series was announced. But now the only way they could've have done would have been to mix Gen X with the Genosha flashback from New X-Men. Maybe have Roberto and Jubilee be the focus of the episode. I wasn't sure how you do the arc without the time for Gen X but now I'm not really sure with events happening in a different order.
    He took a lot of Krakoa liberties despite his comments on it. I don't see how this can play out...this Emma really have a motivation anymore. They could very well have them build the Sentinels and have Shaw and Emma be responsible for the destruction of Genosha which would partially fit with Shaw funding Sentinels.

He took a lot of Krakoa liberties despite his comments on it. I don't see how this can play out...this Emma really have a motivation anymore. They could very well have them build the Sentinels and have Shaw and Emma be responsible for the destruction of Genosha which would partially fit with Shaw funding Sentinels.
    We'll see about the sentinels. The teasers kept showing Emma as a villain in the series but she's only had like a small cameo so far. I don't know how they do the heroic arc at this point without either giving Emma another character's storylines or using a more comic accurate one but making it feel earned.

I'm just so sick of the man. The first adaption of E is For Extinction and the first thing you see if D list Villains Emma with no link to teaching or anything because he decides to not even mention Gen X in passing. It would be like doing the first Marvel X-men movie and giving the Phoenix /Shiar storyline to Wolverine.

The mesh between Krakoa and this as well was certainly a choice after everything he said on his Twitter.
    Why would she mention Generation X when she isnt affiliated with the X-men or Xavier? If Emma had students or planned to at this point it would make more sense to mention Hellions as a name

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why would she mention Generation X when she isnt affiliated with the X-men or Xavier? If Emma had students or planned to at this point it would make more sense to mention Hellions as a name
    I meant anything student related regardless the main point is that there wasn't even a hint of any redeeming qualities here as New Mutants and Hellions were skipped over.

Right? I thought she sounded good, looked great and I'm sure she'll appear more in future episodes/seasons. I'm feeling a major line-up shakeup by the end of this season.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Her gala gown was basic

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Right? I thought she sounded good, looked great and I'm sure she'll appear more in future episodes/seasons. I'm feeling a major line-up shakeup by the end of this season.
    Specially now that we are getting more and more open positions on the team

I think the goal was she'll join and betray the team because that's how he views the character and admitted to not reading anything post Morrison but hopefully we get Craig Kyle in charge who might be able to do some damage control.
    Madylene was picked because killing her off at the end of the season would clean up any barriers to the Jean Scott relationship.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-10-2024 at 08:32 AM.

I think the goal was she'll join and betray the team because that's how he views the character and admitted to not reading anything post Morrison but hopefully we get Craig Kyle in charge who might be able to do some damage control.
    Madylene was picked because killing her off at the end of the season would clean up any barriers to the Jean Scott relationship.
    Hopefully him getting the boot means that if they actually try and do Emma it's done with actual interest in the character not his crap.

Mother has appeared. I'm hoping we have a grand reappearance ala New X-Men.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I think there were interesting hints to the New X Men menage ā trois... why was Emma privy to the Maddie/Jean/Scott conversation? it is pointless to spend time on it if there is going to be no follow up... I hope "discovers" her diamond form and becomes a naughty X Men... specially now that they are leaderless.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare