Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I think there were interesting hints to the New X Men menage à trois... why was Emma privy to the Maddie/Jean/Scott conversation? it is pointless to spend time on it if there is going to be no follow up... I hope "discovers" her diamond form and becomes a naughty X Men... specially now that they are leaderless.
    I think that was probably just a tease because it happened in the comics. It would be weird for there to be two stories about Scott having an affair. I'm concerned that with the old writer's comments that they may just give large portions of Emma's story to Maddie.

Veeeerry interesting they adapted two Emma centric storylines with the psychic affair and E is for Extinction and she’s there but only in the background. Especially how she sensed Maddie and Scott’s psychic affair. That was probably just an Easter egg nod for the fans.

Correct me if I’m wrong but Emma's body wasn’t shown among the deceased like Shaw, Callisto and Dazzler right? I suppose Demayo didn’t hate her that much as she could’ve been vaporized on the screen there. I hope they will adapt her being a survivor manifesting her Diamond form like the comics, but I’m pessimistic enough to believe this will be another Fox Days of Future Past situation where it’s said she was killed off screen.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Veeeerry interesting they adapted two Emma centric storylines with the psychic affair and E is for Extinction and she’s there but only in the background. Especially how she sensed Maddie and Scott’s psychic affair. That was probably just an Easter egg nod for the fans.

Correct me if I’m wrong but Emma's body wasn’t shown among the deceased like Shaw, Callisto and Dazzler right? I suppose Demayo didn’t hate her that much as she could’ve been vaporized on the screen there. I hope they will adapt her being a survivor manifesting her Diamond form like the comics, but I’m pessimistic enough to believe this will be another Fox Days of Future Past situation where it’s said she was killed off screen.
    I'm skeptical to if we will even see her diamond form. She's too far away from leech who would be the closest corpse with any meaning. And she wasn't established as a teacher in this series.

I think they'll go the X-Cutioner song route and put her in a coma.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I'm just so sick of the man. The first adaption of E is For Extinction and the first thing you see if D list Villains Emma with no link to teaching or anything because he decides to not even mention Gen X in passing. It would be like doing the first Marvel X-men movie and giving the Phoenix /Shiar storyline to Wolverine.

The mesh between Krakoa and this as well was certainly a choice after everything he said on his Twitter.
    Again with your looney toons comparison. It's not the same at all. Emma was a supporting character in EoE. The Phoenix Sagas were introduced as Jean stories point blank period.

Beau does not deserve the vitriol you're directing at him just because your favs don't get attention. I'm sorry, but it's unlikely Emma will be front and center anytime soon. She's only a compelling modern character because she was shown as pretty evil and ambitious at first... and they just are not focusing on that right now. It's not the story they're trying to tell. It's their own thing and a lot of people need to accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Again with your looney toons comparison. It's not the same at all. Emma was a supporting character in EoE. The Phoenix Sagas were introduced as Jean stories point blank period.

Beau does not deserve the vitriol you're directing at him just because your favs don't get attention. I'm sorry, but it's unlikely Emma will be front and center anytime soon. She's only a compelling modern character because she was shown as pretty evil and ambitious at first... and they just are not focusing on that right now. It's not the story they're trying to tell. It's their own thing and a lot of people need to accept it.
    Emma was a main character in EoE not a supporting character the arc wasn't one issue it was 3 which involved Emma saving the day. Read Morrisons commentary as well in Wizard magazine she was a main character.

Secondly Beau set himself up from the start by voicing said petty comments so we already knew what to expect and actually she is playing a fairly large part in season 2 if you were following his tweets before he got let go but it will most likely follow his 2 dimensional vision of the character. Thirdly there's a reason why he was let go from the show people clamouring for him back will just look silly when it all finally comes out.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-10-2024 at 04:28 PM.

Spectacular Member

Honestly the episode was phenomenal and probably some of the best x-men media I’ve seen outside of the comics. Insanely emotional and much better done than in the comics which admittedly rushed through the actual extinction bit. However, I’ll echo most other Emma fans’ concern here that giving the psychic affair to Madelyn is a massive blow to Emma’s own trajectory as a villain turned uneasy hero to full blown x-man. It’s dumb to think they’ll have Scott cheat twice so the affair plot’s over. I’m confident we’ll see Emma again next episode in diamond form but I highly doubt it’s going to lead to her fighting for the angels or anything like that. I’m hoping he does go the route to have her on the side of good eventually just w/ a different mechanism than what they did w the comics.

I will say as “scary” as it is to a lot of fans due to the novelty of the approach, it would make sense to have her evil for a bit longer and flesh her out. Emma’s heel turn works so well because we see her thought process as a hero being juxtaposed to her evil, yet admittedly limited, actions in the comics. I feel that wouldn’t entirely work in the show cause she was there for what like 2 episodes? This could be a cool route to explore her character which may be in like w/ the “multi-season” plan Beau supposedly had however, I have no idea where his employment stands at the current moment.

I'm skeptical to if we will even see her diamond form. She's too far away from leech who would be the closest corpse with any meaning. And she wasn't established as a teacher in this series.

I think they'll go the X-Cutioner song route and put her in a coma.
    I honestly don't know why she's in the show at all. The teaser images made me think that she would have a lager role in the story but it doesn't seem that way. Her main story with the Hellfire club was in the original show, there aren't students to do Gen X (although maybe they could have used Jubilee to have them around for an episode) and now they're doing E is for Extinction when she has virtually no role. Although with DeMayo's comments her not being in the show would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicHobo View Post
    Honestly the episode was phenomenal and probably some of the best x-men media I’ve seen outside of the comics. Insanely emotional and much better done than in the comics which admittedly rushed through the actual extinction bit. However, I’ll echo most other Emma fans’ concern here that giving the psychic affair to Madelyn is a massive blow to Emma’s own trajectory as a villain turned uneasy hero to full blown x-man. It’s dumb to think they’ll have Scott cheat twice so the affair plot’s over. I’m confident we’ll see Emma again next episode in diamond form but I highly doubt it’s going to lead to her fighting for the angels or anything like that. I’m hoping he does go the route to have her on the side of good eventually just w/ a different mechanism than what they did w the comics.

I will say as “scary” as it is to a lot of fans due to the novelty of the approach, it would make sense to have her evil for a bit longer and flesh her out. Emma’s heel turn works so well because we see her thought process as a hero being juxtaposed to her evil, yet admittedly limited, actions in the comics. I feel that wouldn’t entirely work in the show cause she was there for what like 2 episodes? This could be a cool route to explore her character which may be in like w/ the “multi-season” plan Beau supposedly had however, I have no idea where his employment stands at the current moment.
    They won't have him cheat twice. I don't think they thought this was make it passed 2 seasons and maybe they're right it won't. But I think the end goal was to accelerate to the current era. At this stage I'm hoping for an Evolution continuation and bring Craig Kyle back.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I honestly don't know why she's in the show at all. The teaser images made me think that she would have a lager role in the story but it doesn't seem that way. Her main story with the Hellfire club was in the original show, there aren't students to do Gen X (although maybe they could have used Jubilee to have them around for an episode) and now they're doing E is for Extinction when she has virtually no role. Although with DeMayo's comments her not being in the show would be better.
    I think people confuse catty comments for characterisation. When I first saw her praising Magneto I thought he was basing it off when the HC made him Grey King and they just wanted to use him. They would have been better off not even using her.

Spectacular Member

Wow thought something amazing had happened today with you guys posting this much, it's a shame you feel this way about Emma in the show.

I'm not watching it, and probably won't watch it in the future (unless one of my daughters suddenly gets interested in it and decides to watch), but maybe it's not all that bad in the end?
    From all the comments, I gather she could still develop her secondary mutation, and in the comics it was also a sudden transformation that came "out of nowhere". Her teaching could come into play later, or mentioned in a flashback or something... I don't know.

Now the affair happening through Madelyne is a clear red flag on this. The head writer was pretty vocal against the affair with Emma, so him doing that storyline with another character is like... the affair is ok as long as it is with someone else? Not cool. I don't even like Emma with Scott, but they were a big part of the comics for over a decade, regardless of how anyone feels about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Before his firing, Beau had stated on his Instagram that he had a multi-season arc planned for Emma.
    I mean, ignoring the writer's opinions on the character herself, this is the way to go. Emma's redemption is supposed to be a slow burn. She joins because she and the heroes share a common goal (in the comics, protecting the students, in the show, maybe surviving againts whoever launched the attack?), she stays with them out of convenience for a while, then she proves herself little by little and slowly starts moving to the frontlines until she is part of them.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManLogan View Post
    Wow thought something amazing had happened today with you guys posting this much, it's a shame you feel this way about Emma in the show.

I'm not watching it, and probably won't watch it in the future (unless one of my daughters suddenly gets interested in it and decides to watch), but maybe it's not all that bad in the end?
    From all the comments, I gather she could still develop her secondary mutation, and in the comics it was also a sudden transformation that came "out of nowhere". Her teaching could come into play later, or mentioned in a flashback or something... I don't know.

Now the affair happening through Madelyne is a clear red flag on this. The head writer was pretty vocal against the affair with Emma, so him doing that storyline with another character is like... the affair is ok as long as it is with someone else? Not cool. I don't even like Emma with Scott, but they were a big part of the comics for over a decade, regardless of how anyone feels about it.

I mean, ignoring the writer's opinions on the character herself, this is the way to go. Emma's redemption is supposed to be a slow burn. She joins because she and the heroes share a common goal (in the comics, protecting the students, in the show, maybe surviving againts whoever launched the attack?), she stays with them out of convenience for a while, then she proves herself little by little and slowly starts moving to the frontlines until she is part of them.
    This precisely, I also believe that journey is thus diluted because of everything you've outlined above.

That said I don't see this playing out that way due to the lack of set up. She probably won't even appear for the rest of the season and all of this will be reset by time travel.

The next ep is a Storm ep followed by a Cyclops ep.

I mean the head writer just confirmed Moira and Maddie dead. Plus we have Shaw, Banshee and Callisto dead
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-10-2024 at 05:44 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Wow Beau De Mayo really sabotaged any possibility of Emma joining the X-Men.
    She doesnt need a strict faithful adaptation to join the X-men. Plenty of ways to do so if they want her to.

Emma was a main character in EoE not a supporting character the arc wasn't one issue it was 3 which involved Emma saving the day. Read Morrisons commentary as well in Wizard magazine she was a main character.

Secondly Beau set himself up from the start by voicing said petty comments so we already knew what to expect and actually she is playing a fairly large part in season 2 if you were following his tweets before he got let go but it will most likely follow his 2 dimensional vision of the character. Thirdly there's a reason why he was let go from the show people clamouring for him back will just look silly when it all finally comes out.
    Main or supporting, they can be re-organized and replaced depending on their significance. (Emma's role in a '97 version of EoE could arguably be replaced with a number of characters, IMO, without altering the core of the story.) But I was talking about your continued hyperbolic comparisons such as Wolverine being the Dark Phoenix. The character is in the name of the story so that is unimpeachable significance and your comparison is in bad faith.

It's like those people that are upset about a black Little Mermaid saying that they should make Storm or Black Panther white. Bad faith arguments cheapen real discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Main or supporting, they can be re-organized and replaced depending on their significance. (Emma's role in a '97 version of EoE could arguably be replaced with a number of characters, IMO, without altering the core of the story.) But I was talking about your continued hyperbolic comparisons such as Wolverine being the Dark Phoenix. The character is in the name of the story so that is unimpeachable significance and your comparison is in bad faith.

It's like those people that are upset about a black Little Mermaid saying that they should make Storm or Black Panther white. Bad faith arguments cheapen real discussions.
    That can be said about literally ANY story in the context you're using it. Even the Dark Phoenix Saga in fact it's been done in What ifs. The only person I've seen arguing in bad faith is you. The showrunner had an agenda which he wasn't afraid to hide. And as Old Man Logan pointed out it was never the affair he had an issue with it was with who the affair was. He also admittingly never read any of the 00s material.
    FYI
    It was done in What it's Jean never became the Phoenix and Wolverine or Storm took her place.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-10-2024 at 05:55 PM.

I didn't know how I'd feel about anyone other than Kari Wahlgren voicing Emma but Martha Marion was pretty good for the amount of lines she got.
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I mean, she's a prominent X-Men character and she was in the original show. It's probably that simple.