Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    "I've always done well under pressure" is a better line than "It got hard" though. The Newton Brothers also ate with that score, coupled with the people cheering for Emma.
    Then bring her back to life you imbecile is far more impactful IMO. Morrison captured Emma's voice for me in that line. Her anger but also one of the few times where Emma behaves irrational and that's layered with a cold hard exterior.

Also I got hard is a better retort IMO. But that's all fluff the symbolism of walking out of a trauma vs being carried out is the most important bit.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-24-2024 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    But that's all fluff the symbolism of walking out of a trauma vs being carried out is the most important bit.
    True, but fixing her hand and signaling to the cheering people that she'll survive? Also queen behavior IMO
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 04-24-2024 at 01:28 PM.

True, but fixing her hand and waving to the cheering people like the queen that she is? Also pretty badass IMO
    I kept seeing Martha Stewart being lifted out. Emma works better as a beacon of cynicism. I don't think she could ever work as a beacon of Hope. It's just not her at all. It looked like a geriatric being airlifted to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I kept seeing Martha Stewart being lifted out. Emma works better as a beacon of cynicism. I don't think she could ever work as a beacon of Hope. It's just not her at all. It looked like a geriatric being airlifted to me.
    Fair enough. Hope is a diamond after all though and I feel the way Emma has resonated with the queer community in real life led to this adored diva take. The fans on Twitter let their opinions KNOWN to DeMayo when he was hating on her lmao

"I've always done well under pressure" is a better line than "It got hard" though. The Newton Brothers also ate with that score, coupled with the people cheering for Emma.
    "I do look rather spectacular in the light, don't I" when Beast examines her came to mind when I saw the scene.

The entrance wasn't grand for Emma fans but the line is completely in Emma's voice and ties to her secondary mutation. I think this is all foreshadowing and her major entrance will be when she joins the teams or opens a rival school.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Fair enough. Hope is a diamond after all though and I feel the way Emma has resonated with the queer community in real life led to this adored diva take. The fans on Twitter let their opinions KNOWN to DeMayo when he was hating on her lmao
    The guy did the damage before he left. If you truly despise a character you make people indifferent to them. And I think he's done that.

Also cough cough cough, let me pause to take a salbutamol neb

Given that he's kind of embargoed some of her story plots what's the path forward.

There's only two I can see.

She learns she likes teaching in the Mansion and spins of Gen X.

Or worst case scenario he completely misread Whedons run and Emma's Diamond Form is a creation of Nova who is still the big bad. She sparks Emma's Diamond Form and Emma is partially responsible for the destruction of Genosha. Essentially filling Gambits role in Mutant Massacre then having Magneto hunt her in X-Men Blue. I can only see one path if she's a villain which was heavily hinted.

I really wish they had just replicated her moment from New X-men

It really didnt need to be tweaked much

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

She's not a teacher in this. Unless we see the Hellions
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    She's not a teacher in this. Unless we see the Hellions
    She doesnt need to be. Her being a teacher is irrelevant. She coming out holding one of the many dead kids would have hit the same. Leech died. It could have been him. Seriously her being trapped under rubble with a child that she tried to save from dying, that ultimately died anyway, could have been a character defining moment that put her on the path to want to teach
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-24-2024 at 02:54 PM.

The question being why was it tweaked. When there were actually several lines lifted out of the comics in Remember it.
    I don't think it would have taken up any more time then what we got.

She doesnt need to be. Her being a teacher is irrelevant. She coming out holding one of the many dead kids would have hit the same. Leech died. It could have been him. Seriously her being trapped under rubble with a child that she tried to save from dying, that ultimately died anyway, could have been a character defining moment that put her on the path to want to teach
    Mags is alive. There is a chance the Morlocks with him are too.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Could have been Pixie literally anyone. It had to be a defining moment for this character that humans will always hate us. Hell it could even have been Shaws body.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Mags is alive. There is a chance the Morlocks with him are too.
    There were tons of dead mutants. I used Leech as an example. You are focusing on the wrong thing which was about a pivotal moment for Emma. The dead kid is irrelevant

Unfortunately, Emma would never have gotten that kind of moment in this series. Every scene basically serves to further the story of one of the main cast. Emma having a character defining moment won't have the same impact with the general audience, since they barely know her. Instead, the writers made that moment about how a survivor affected the team. Jubilee cried because it was a moment that gave others hope, while Cyclops cried because his hope of Maddie surviving was taken away. Emma's only hope of having character defining moments is if she gets promoted to the main cast like Nightcrawler has. Perhaps in season 2?