Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Finally back in an X-book. The new costume looks like a mix of the gala and her Immortal ones. I wonder why they gave her a new costume with only 5 months left.

I think it might be Synch with the ice since they show him, but maybe not.

I want to see how that outfit works. It looks confusing.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's a modified version of the top half of her recent Gala outfit with the criss-cross halter neckline, X pendant and exposed cleavage. Whoever designed it could have done more to not make it look so cheap. The fur on the gloves and half cape (or whatever that's supposed to be) is an "Auf Wiedersehen" for me.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    so is this the first time we might potentially see her interact with Synch since his return?
    I don't know if there's been direct dialogue between them but they've been meeting in the Morlock tunnels and they were part of the small Thanksgiving dinner group down there.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Finally back in an X-book. The new costume looks like a mix of the gala and her Immortal ones. I wonder why they gave her a new costume with only 5 months left.

I think it might be Synch with the ice since they show him, but maybe not.
    You can see Iceman on the slide above Emma.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I don't know if there's been direct dialogue between them but they've been meeting in the Morlock tunnels and they were part of the small Thanksgiving dinner group down there.

You can see Iceman on the slide above Emma.
    The continued weird embargo they have on Emma with her Generation X cast-mates continues to annoy me. But then again, also the Hellions. Firestar got more out of Emma this era than any other ex-student.

One of the reasons I feel I am getting better stuff from Emma outside of the x-books is that without a School/Teacher scenario in play, Emma mostly works as a power player, which means lots of background roles in stories. Meanwhile, she is involved in Iron Man and Thanos. In the X-Men, like most telepaths, she is mostly a radio system when it comes to the action.

I don't want the school to come back by any means, but the only good thing that may come out of that terrible regression is maybe Emma is back as a teacher/mentor. If not, then I hope that this Illuminati connection gets her a side gig out of the x-books for some years.

So if we the whole Krakoa time line is erased... when will it be re-started? Because Emma pre Krakoa was the Black King and it was one of my least favourite Emmas... (not to mention the horrific uniform of the "Emma is crazy because Cyclops is dead")
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    So if we the whole Krakoa time line is erased... when will it be re-started? Because Emma pre Krakoa was the Black King and it was one of my least favourite Emmas... (not to mention the horrific uniform of the "Emma is crazy because Cyclops is dead")
    I don't think they can erase Krakoa because it will have a major impact outside of the X-books. It only worked to set up Krakoa because they essentially said they were erasing stuff that was never published. I am concerned about what comes next though, aside from the normal issue of where characters will end up. Everything from the end of Bendis' run to the start of Krakoa was character assassination (and I hope they retcon all of this, sooner the better) but she was in a bad spot and the only reason she's out of it is because Hickman ignored most of what came before it. I don't know if Breevort will stick with Hickman left her or where she was pre-krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    They are not ignoring and erasing 5 years worth of character development. People assumed that after Secret Wars and it never happened. People also thought the same after Disaassembled and again that never happened. Its unlikely to happen here

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

They're not going to reset the timeline back to exactly what it was and who these characters were circa 2018 (or before). That's a variation of the "it was all a dream" cliche and would make absolutely no sense. Given his experience and status as a writer I would be shocked beyond reason if that is what Brevoort has in mind. Because that would be very bad writing.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-16-2024 at 01:44 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

today boards will explode.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    today boards will explode.
    Absolutely. I'm so excited and anxious at the same time.

Which are you guys reading first tonight, the Invincible Iron Man or the X-Men issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda in Wonderland View Post
    Absolutely. I'm so excited and anxious at the same time.

Which are you guys reading first tonight, the Invincible Iron Man or the X-Men issue?
    i think ill read both at the same time.

Im on board with all that was planed.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

What happened in IM???? (aside from them sleeping together on panel)

I really liked today's X-Men issue but I feel Emma should have a the very least been included with the team in the Morlock tunnels, if not additionally be the one communicating with Firestar.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/