Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Duggan writes a good solid Emma. Gillen´s Emma is meh... but IMHO his writting in general is meh... I am not very excited about this Fall of X etc thing. We still have no clue of how 2024 can look for Emma and the other X Men.
    Agreed about Duggan. He has some issues with how powerful she is, but I like his voice for her. Gillen gives her some snappy comments but writes her okayish. IIRC he was gonna do IvX for the end of his Uncanny run before AvX happened, which immediately makes me side eye his writing of her.

Concerned about Brevoort with how some of his comments have been (although Emma's not the only X-Women in danger). If he does the same thing as White (hates the character but lets the writers who like her have reign to do good with her) than it won't be a problem.

Spectacular Member

Honestly, while the Krakoan era has been good to Emma in terms of her place in the story, her powers have been VERY lacking. Her diamond form failed several times across the era and dying in it under Kieron’s pen would suck. Her telepathy has also been lacking. I understand to some level that the telepathic feats be relegated to the Omegas, or more so Jean I guess since Quentin is usually isolated to X-force, but even Xavier gets the occasional display of power where Emma usually goes unnoticed. I’m hoping for more action once Emma returns to a field team but jeez. It’s bad that the only offensive telepathic feat I can remember in this entire era is Emma attacking Thanos. I’m sure there are a few more but Very few and far between

Last edited by Agent Z; 01-07-2024 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Agreed about Duggan. He has some issues with how powerful she is, but I like his voice for her. Gillen gives her some snappy comments but writes her okayish. IIRC he was gonna do IvX for the end of his Uncanny run before AvX happened, which immediately makes me side eye his writing of her.

Concerned about Brevoort with how some of his comments have been (although Emma's not the only X-Women in danger). If he does the same thing as White (hates the character but lets the writers who like her have reign to do good with her) than it won't be a problem.
    I actually dislike Duggans take on her. I just don't think Gillen includes her very much in his stories but I do like it when he does.

I've been thinking about what Gillen said and I wonder if there's still a possibility she appears outside of this part. He mentions Nimrod and Omega Sentinel by name but says "an Emma Frost corpse" rather than "Emma Frost's corpse" which means there might be a chance that there's a clone or maybe her psychically somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicHobo View Post
    Honestly, while the Krakoan era has been good to Emma in terms of her place in the story, her powers have been VERY lacking. Her diamond form failed several times across the era and dying in it under Kieron’s pen would suck. Her telepathy has also been lacking. I understand to some level that the telepathic feats be relegated to the Omegas, or more so Jean I guess since Quentin is usually isolated to X-force, but even Xavier gets the occasional display of power where Emma usually goes unnoticed. I’m hoping for more action once Emma returns to a field team but jeez. It’s bad that the only offensive telepathic feat I can remember in this entire era is Emma attacking Thanos. I’m sure there are a few more but Very few and far between
    Duggan has been somewhat inconsistent with her TP. In maruaders she needed to show her boobs to get into the minds of a few people nearby her, but in Hellfire Gala 2022 she had no problem with the Arako reveal. Gillen seems to have an issue with her diamond form though.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I actually dislike Duggans take on her. I just don't think Gillen includes her very much in his stories but I do like it when he does.
    Aside from him constantly breaking her diamond form, I think the whole she's actually a villain who was the reason Cyclops was being more extreme in Utopia soured me on his writing of her. Plus with how bad her Immortal issue was.

Aside from him constantly breaking her diamond form, I think the whole she's actually a villain who was the reason Cyclops was being more extreme in Utopia soured me on his writing of her. Plus with how bad her Immortal issue was.
    I agree with this statment, i think Duggan has a much better handle on Emma voice. He still can work on her powers but i dont really mind either way as long as she’s not portrayed as weak

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    “Apoc and friends.” From Josh Cassara’s twitter
    Looks like Apoc, Emma, Polaris and Magik
    Last edited by Diammandis; 01-08-2024 at 12:27 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I want to see that new suit...

I actually feel like we don't see the HoX or even RD design look enough. Its mostly the Astonishing look or Wernick version of it.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I want to see that new suit...
    I said this in the upcoming teaser thread, but i need to see it too. Giving her a totally brand new suit out of nowhere really piqued my interest. In Fall of the House of X, she was wearing Lucas’ suit, so i wonder if in story theres a plot reason why she now has this new one in X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I actually feel like we don't see the HoX or even RD design look enough. Its mostly the Astonishing look or Wernick version of it.
    I know the HoX suit appeared a few times in Marauders but the Dauterman suit seems to really only be for… well Dauterman, i havent seen any artist beside him use that suit
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I said this in the upcoming teaser thread, but i need to see it too. Giving her a totally brand new suit out of nowhere really piqued my interest. In Fall of the House of X, she was wearing Lucas’ suit, so i wonder if in story theres a plot reason why she now has this new one in X-Men

I know the HoX suit appeared a few times in Marauders but the Dauterman suit seems to really only be for… well Dauterman, i havent seen any artist beside him use that suit
    Neither get used that often. Perez drew RD's in X of Swords. And it was in the recent Hellfire Gala intro.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Apocalypse standing next to two of the four mutation with harmonic DNA mutations.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I miss the early marauders days when she had a rotating outfit for the most part.

I miss the early marauders days when she had a rotating outfit for the most part.
    Gillen did the same thing in his Uncanny X-men run

Since Emma has a new costume, i wonder does this mean Jumbo is back, itd be a nice moment to reveal his status by him giving Emma a new costume

And bless Matteo Lolli, he really put in the work and had her in a new look every issue. I know it probably took a lot of work to change her costume every issue but man was it worth it!
    Last edited by Diammandis; 01-08-2024 at 02:41 PM.
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Apocalypse standing next to two of the four mutation with harmonic DNA mutations.
    That reads interesting. What do you mean? :-)
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare