Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Um, if Moira's dead, wouldn't that result in a time reset? I think they forgot the comics revealed she's a mutant, lol! Should've just put her in a coma.
    It could be the Golem!!! (Moira had a golem at one point, didn't she?)

I'm kidding.
    I don't think we should invest to heavily in the Moira of it all, in conjunction with X-Men 97.
    It should be obvious from episode one (or even the previous series) that NOTHING IS OR WILL BE 100% ACCURATE as this series is VERY LOOSELY drawing inspiration to tell stories -- just like any live action MCU property we've seen thus far.

That said, I enjoyed the very brief moments with Emma on X-Men 97.
    I cannot say with confidence that I fully know of or understand any suggested bias for or against Emma that the showrunner has or had, but I never expected Emma to play a prominent role in any adapted-for-film work, beyond the long deceased Wolverine and the X-Men series.

I do hope she'll resurface.
    Perhaps joining Scott in the final episodes as a radicalized mutant freedom fighter.

https://comicsxf.com/2024/04/12/invi...2vjUUTkntDookE

THE WAR IS OVER.
    The war with Orchis is over. What does the future hold for Tony and Emma Frost?
    Invicible Iron Man #20
    By Kael Ngu

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Covers lie or at the very least misdirect but...I would like if they stayed married considering the very scattered state of the X-Men at the time.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

i hope they still together and get a well development as characters and a couple in a way

they fun together and like it or not. both are the sexiest smartest bossy and cool character of their franchise is like Marryng Storm with Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Covers lie or at the very least misdirect but...I would like if they stayed married considering the very scattered state of the X-Men at the time.
    I thought their marriage wasnt even legal considering she did it under an alias. I think Marvel left it in a way that htey can just go their separate ways and it not be messy. I also would like the relationship to continue though

Thanks to those of you that replied to my question. I'll try to figure out what issues connect to which events you're talking about, in the cases where I don't already know them.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

With Duggan probably wrapping up his time with both of them I don't think the odds are high on that.

I don't read Iron Man, but for what I heard the first thing writers tend to do when taking over the book, is breaking whatever relationship Tony is in and setting up something new.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With Duggan probably wrapping up his time with both of them I don't think the odds are high on that.
    Pity...I do like their relationship with each other.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Pity...I do like their relationship with each other.
    Agreed. Duggan’s a mixed bag for me in this era and I know others have even less of an opinion of his work. But I do think his work on the Tony/Emma relationship has been stellar.

One of the things I always think about in assessing a writer is when they introduce what I think is a ridiculous idea and then do the work to actually sell me that what I thought was absurd was t absurd at all. Duggan did that for me in regards to this relationship.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Will be glad it's over, Emma since the last Gala issue has been lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Agreed. Duggan’s a mixed bag for me in this era and I know others have even less of an opinion of his work. But I do think his work on the Tony/Emma relationship has been stellar.

One of the things I always think about in assessing a writer is when they introduce what I think is a ridiculous idea and then do the work to actually sell me that what I thought was absurd was t absurd at all. Duggan did that for me in regards to this relationship.
    Duggan's run started stronger than it finished. His best stuff was Marauders; people complained it was a Emma/Kitty book but as an Emma fan that didn't mind me. X-Men has been a mixed bag and certainly would have been better if they kept a consistent and solid artist. The Hellfire Gala issue was great but the follow up is insanely uneven. He is writing too many books and the stories are both bloated and lacking. Fall of X has been the most slowly paced and yet has no sense of a timeline. (Even the read order on Unlimited doesn't add up). I don't hate the Frost/Stark relationship - and it opens her open to more exposure/importance on the larger MU - but it does feel like it took her out of the X books when it was almost her moment to shine.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Duggan's run started stronger than it finished. His best stuff was Marauders; people complained it was a Emma/Kitty book but as an Emma fan that didn't mind me. X-Men has been a mixed bag and certainly would have been better if they kept a consistent and solid artist. The Hellfire Gala issue was great but the follow up is insanely uneven. He is writing too many books and the stories are both bloated and lacking. Fall of X has been the most slowly paced and yet has no sense of a timeline. (Even the read order on Unlimited doesn't add up). I don't hate the Frost/Stark relationship - and it opens her open to more exposure/importance on the larger MU - but it does feel like it took her out of the X books when it was almost her moment to shine.
    I did not read Marauders so I can’t compare to that version. Of the X books I’ve read of his, I find him to vibe wildly inconsistently. More meh than good. But more high highs than low lows too.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Duggan's strongest material was his X-men Year 2 and Im including Dark Web in that. X-men 13-Hellfire Gala 2023 was pretty solid despite having alot of crossovers and events (A.X.E, Dark Web, Brood). I dont feel like these derailed things and tha year was overall very enjoyable. The Fall of X stuff is where things fall apart. Its reminding me of the end of Bendis' run. Just dragging out with major pacing issues
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-14-2024 at 03:36 PM.

I liked his Devil's Reign X-Men. She hasn't done much in X-Men other than coordinate things but atleast she's interacting with other X-characters again.

But the end of Krakoa just feels like a mess in general, not Duggan specifically.