Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicHobo View Post
    True but Emma gets a nice moment attacking Thanos. She was dispatched fairly quickly but eh, it’s Thanos. As far as psychic defenses go he’s got probably the best in Marvel. Feels like her first great offensive feat in ages
    He physically hit her to break out. His battle with moon dragon took days and was fairly even while she really had him locked down. Just should not have went for the kill.

That is a really impressive feat.

Also someone show casing science Emma Frost again. Sorry I'm pleased so easily. The Thanos thing is up there with her best feats IMO
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-03-2024 at 05:59 PM.

The thanos thing was cool, i think her literally being right next to him made it easier for that feat to be outshined. Like if she were further away he would not have had the ability to hit her. Imagine what she could have done if she weren't so quickly hit and her focus wasn't broken

Also I saw someone point this out on twitter, Emma's sclera (?) turning black when she was fighting Thanos. Thought this was cool detail, that I wouldn't mind seeing again
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

That's pretty cool too I thought it would be a slow week for Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    That's pretty cool too I thought it would be a slow week for Emma.
    yeah I'm honestly surprised. Even though her showing in Thanos wasn't much she had some interesting moments, I am now very interested in this nice detail with her eyes, an now I am hoping a writer/artist picks this up and continues it, as its such a nice detail that sets her apart from other telepaths. And then we had her nice speech in Fall of the House of X, next week we'll probably get to see more of Emma too, with that moment of Nimrod standing over Emma in RoX
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    The thanos thing was cool, i think her literally being right next to him made it easier for that feat to be outshined. Like if she were further away he would not have had the ability to hit her. Imagine what she could have done if she weren't so quickly hit and her focus wasn't broken

Also I saw someone point this out on twitter, Emma's sclera (?) turning black when she was fighting Thanos. Thought this was cool detail, that I wouldn't mind seeing again
    It was I! And it's something I think should continue. It just adds a certain dramatic effect to her and a clear warning sign that **** is about to his the fan. Plus, the generic "telepath with glowing eyes" is over done and every telepath has it. Let hers be different.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    It was I! And it's something I think should continue. It just adds a certain dramatic effect to her and a clear warning sign that **** is about to his the fan. Plus, the generic "telepath with glowing eyes" is over done and every telepath has it. Let hers be different.
    It really is a very nice affect. Kind of like the adamantine luster

Besides I really liked how cutthroat she was... she had no issue with killing Thanos (I can imagine Charles or Jean having all kind of ethical scruples). That was really very Emma like. The effect is very nice (much better in Jiménez´s version) but the art of the issue was really poor. he doesn´t draw my favourite Emma but one can see he likes the character.

Last edited by darkalamator; 01-04-2024 at 03:59 AM.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

the way your mind is just so amazing like wow
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    the way your mind is just so amazing like wow
    Lmao, ty!

10char

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It really is a very nice affect. Kind of like the adamantine luster
    Yeah, isn't that why her diamond form has a low level glow?

My friend also came up with something -
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spectacular Member

Yeah, isn't that why her diamond form has a low level glow?

My friend also came up with something -
    Love the idea but I have issues with Emma generating mysterium naturally. It would indicate some connection with the Phoenix force and honestly I’m partial to Emma being very anti Phoenix. Lmao I probs just miss the loose thread where homegirl was angry at the bird for killing thousands of her cloned “daughters”. I still hold onto the theory that Emma has an inherent fear of the Phoenix due to her experiences w it; coma, deaths of her daughters, and her going mad the two times it’s used her as a host.

Gillen did an interview with CBR and some preview images were released (albeit they're very blurry and hard to read)

Takeaway, seems like this whatever was going on between Emma and Nimrod was all apart of Emma's plan, so that's interesting. Also in Gillen's interview he mentioned that there is an Emma Frost Corps. so that should be fun

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-forever-ri...len-interview/
    She's A Lifebringer

Curious about the Emma Corps. The covers and the solicits seeming like each issue is different from the previous kinda killed it for me.

The tease is interesting though. They're treating her like she's dead, but she shouldn't be from what we see. Plus she has black clothes on but a white fur collar.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Curious about the Emma Corps. The covers and the solicits seeming like each issue is different from the previous kinda killed it for me.

The tease is interesting though. They're treating her like she's dead, but she shouldn't be from what we see. Plus she has black clothes on but a white fur collar.
    From the looks of it they just leave Emma alone after tearing her arms up, and from what we've seen she shouldn't really "die" in her diamond form. When she was shattered in New X-Men, her consciousness remained intact. So in theory she should still be alive, that's if they just didn't shatter her.

In an earlier tease of this from the trailer video, it looked like she had on white clothes. Wonder why it changed
    She's A Lifebringer

The corps will most likely be her students. Hope she's evolved to move from diamond body to body.