Page 14 of 132 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    I enjoy that verse aswell but it’s usage or lack there of & bias when it comes to certain characters was to much for me at time..
    I feel like Assemble was worse about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I wish there was some insider info I could share here but all my Marvel NDAs are still in play (even for projects I'm not on). I will say this: I know and have worked with several of the players on this project. I have no doubt it'll be something both unexpected and awesome.

But, of course, I'm biased, so make of that what you will.
    I think, in this case then, I can speak for alot of people here when I say, if YOU are giving us the okay and high praise, then we can be hopeful. We know you have done nothing but solid work and can trust your word. So I'll be waiting to see what unfolds

Back in MacKay's Avengers #7 -T'Challa summoned the Tiger God - awesome display of power, a really cool feat. It was within a nightmare, but you think he can use it the 'reality' of 616? Has he used in before? I'm recalling something back in Al Ewing's Mighty Avengers - maybe?

BTW: Given where Eve Ewing picked up T'Challa, after Ridley tried his best to ruin the character, Ewing is doing a good job of building the (hopefully future) King back-up. I really think our patience & support will pay off. I think it will take a few story arcs - but it will happen. The number of arcs required to get this done and done right, is an indictment on Ridleys 15 issue run not on Ewing IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tremain View Post
    Back in MacKay's Avengers #7 -T'Challa summoned the Tiger God - awesome display of power, a really cool feat. It was within a nightmare, but you think he can use it the 'reality' of 616? Has he used in before? I'm recalling something back in Al Ewing's Mighty Avengers - maybe?

BTW: Given where Eve Ewing picked up T'Challa, after Ridley tried his best to ruin the character, Ewing is doing a good job of building the (hopefully future) King back-up. I really think our patience & support will pay off. I think it will take a few story arcs - but it will happen. The number of arcs required to get this done and done right, is an indictment on Ridleys 15 issue run not on Ewing IMHO.
    The god's power was supposed to be in T'Challa's possession, but I saw the Tiger God appear here and there ever since the last issue of The Ultimates 2.

but you think he can use it the 'reality' of 616? Has he used in before? I'm recalling something back in Al Ewing's Mighty Avengers - maybe?
    it was in Ultimates

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Nah, it shouldn't take longer than a single 4-6 issue arc to fix what Ridley did. Priest fixed all the issues with T'Challa in the client. Hell Redjack dismantled alot of the BS Coates brought in with a single one shot. Ewing isn't doing a good job building up T'Challa, she is dragging her feat and people are going to lose interest before her arc is complete which will lead to a rushed unsatisfying ending. Patience isn't something BP writers of late are afforded anymore because they have abused it to oblivion. Either come out swinging of step aside

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Assemble was worse about that.
    “The Wolverine&X-Men cartoon was more glaringly bad imo cause the set up allowed u to use more/different characters in different ways imo . How is ur cast/main more white than the previous cartoons that were almost 20 & 10 years older the new W&Xmen at the time. It’s laughable sad. Then when they added more members to the team they add even more white characters lol Don’t get me wrong I like the characters they add it but did the team need 2 more white folks to stand next to Storm. They have more Blue ppl & the POC lol.. An got away with the poor roster construction by having a lame version of Forge in the background & cause we using to teams like that.. No Jubilee , No Sunspot, No Armor, No Moonstar, No Proudstar bros & used the white version of Magma again lol. But Tildie Soames get spotlighted & more less set up to join the team lol.

The Avengers in the 90s cartoon was bad Imo but the roster was lil better. I still prefer EMH. I like the way Yost & his team write BP but has always have hated his Wakanda be it in comics/animation. They used a version that mostly pre 90s with a lil CJP miss it. It seem personal done imo where they can miss cast the place/ppl to be whatever needed by ignoring ( at the time the great setup & supporting cast). Usually painted the area more primitive & as a group with monolithic xenophobia. They also cud cut back on the Clint used but I understand why he was used. Plus put they should’ve use Falcon & Quake in more meaning way even if just in the supporting role. And Monica shudve been on the team/show from the start & not saved for 2nd season.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    it was in Ultimates

God I miss this series. I do wish that the more interesting cosmic stuff didn’t get boggled down by earth stuff but I can’t deny T’Challa had plenty of cool moments

Black Panther #8 preview
    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/01/11/ex...ack-panther-8/

Thankfully, it might not be as bad as some of us had feared. Still, doesn't increase my interest in this book though, but it's something.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    God I miss this series. I do wish that the more interesting cosmic stuff didn’t get boggled down by earth stuff but I can’t deny T’Challa had plenty of cool moments
    I liked Season 1 better than season two since Ewing started losing focus and trying to build up some cosmic avengers team. I honestly wish he stuck to the main OG catch line and ran with it. "The Ultimate team to take on Ultimate threats" solving/eliminating a problem before it got to earth, this was (at the time) the strongest team assembled with all heavy hitters in some form. We should've seen them completely able to go wild. BM didn't do that till Season 2 in a single panel against Ult Hulk for instance.

They should've been universe trotting, preventing wars from breaking out between alien races, stopping cosmic beings from wreaking havoc, going to different dimensions etc. basically like Hudlins and McDuffies BP/ FF arcs where T'Challa and Storm temporarily lead the FF, that but on a much grander scale. Then have a 6th rotating roster for othr heavy hitters like Thor, Strange, etc. and we could've really had a home run new series that was different from Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, heroes for hire, X men, etc.

It truly had potential to be it's own brand, unfortunately it got sidetracked

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Black Panther #8 preview

Thankfully, it might not be as bad as some of us had feared. Still, doesn't increase my interest in this book though, but it's something.
    Looks promising, but I am still expecting Ewings pet OC to come on with a clutch save in the next few panels however, but I'd like to be pleasantly surprised.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Black Panther #8 preview

I don't know the character much, but from what I hear this appears to be in-character for Monet.

A very "Punch first, ask questions from their shattered skull later" type of character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I liked Season 1 better than season two since Ewing started losing focus and trying to build up some cosmic avengers team. I honestly wish he stuck to the main OG catch line and ran with it. "The Ultimate team to take on Ultimate threats" solving/eliminating a problem before it got to earth, this was (at the time) the strongest team assembled with all heavy hitters in some form. We should've seen them completely able to go wild. BM didn't do that till Season 2 in a single panel against Ult Hulk for instance.

They should've been universe trotting, preventing wars from breaking out between alien races, stopping cosmic beings from wreaking havoc, going to different dimensions etc. basically like Hudlins and McDuffies BP/ FF arcs where T'Challa and Storm temporarily lead the FF, that but on a much grander scale. Then have a 6th rotating roster for othr heavy hitters like Thor, Strange, etc. and we could've really had a home run new series that was different from Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, heroes for hire, X men, etc.

It truly had potential to be it's own brand, unfortunately it got sidetracked
    What happened to Ewing's Ultimates sag was a Goddamn tragedy, constantly sidetracked by events like Civil War 2 and Secret Empire, it never could reach its fully potential because it was constantly mired in annoyed unneeded crossovers and then relaunched.

They couldn't just leave the book alone.

Black Panther #8 preview

Monet really should have just talked it out .

It's funny how even outsiders can see Wakanda has gone to pits with T'Challa gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Nah, it shouldn't take longer than a single 4-6 issue arc to fix what Ridley did. Priest fixed all the issues with T'Challa in the client. Hell Redjack dismantled alot of the BS Coates brought in with a single one shot. Ewing isn't doing a good job building up T'Challa, she is dragging her feat and people are going to lose interest before her arc is complete which will lead to a rushed unsatisfying ending. Patience isn't something BP writers of late are afforded anymore because they have abused it to oblivion. Either come out swinging of step aside

I absolutely get your point...

I think (and hope) Ewing's plan is:
    • Reinvigorate the "common" people's love, loyality, and admiration for T'Challa
    • Take T'Challa "on the road" through Wakanda fixing local issues
    • Resulting a grass roots and country-wide acknowledgement of his value to Wakanda - as a Man
    • The current government proves to be "Bad"
    • The current government is unable to protect the people from some MAJOR threat.
    • T'Challa the Man saves them
    • T'Challa the Man, is called upon to be T'Challa, the Black Panther - The King

T'Challa - will go on to be the Greatest King in Wakanda's history - because he is Super Smart, Kicks A$$ on an international and cosmic level, and he also has a pulse on his people's needs (both other royals and commoners).

That what I am being patient for.

I absolutely get your point...

I think (and hope) Ewing's plan is:
    • Reinvigorate the "common" people's love, loyality, and admiration for T'Challa
    • Take T'Challa "on the road" through Wakanda fixing local issues
    • Resulting a grass roots and country-wide acknowledgement of his value to Wakanda - as a Man
    • The current government proves to be "Bad"
    • The current government is unable to protect the people from some MAJOR threat.
    • T'Challa the Man saves them
    • T'Challa the Man, is called upon to be T'Challa, the Black Panther - The King

T'Challa - will go on to be the Greatest King in Wakanda's history - because he is Super Smart, Kicks A$$ on an international and cosmic level, and he also has a pulse on his people's needs (both other royals and commoners).

That what I am being patient for.
    She aint gonna have enough issues to do all of this.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html