Page 110 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1983
    Fantastic Member

Storm and T'Challa were also in Eric Jerome Dickey's Storm miniseries, which was setting up the wedding in Hudlin's run. From what I recall, T'Challa also played a bit role in another Storm-centric miniseries, X-Men: Worlds Apart, by Christopher Yost. Tochi Onyebuchi did a newer version of Dickey's story with another miniseries, Black Panther Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    Storm and T'Challa were also in Eric Jerome Dickey's Storm miniseries, which was setting up the wedding in Hudlin's run. From what I recall, T'Challa also played a bit role in another Storm-centric miniseries, X-Men: Worlds Apart, by Christopher Yost. Tochi Onyebuchi did a newer version of Dickey's story with another miniseries, Black Panther Legends.
    Tochi's version was MCU ridden dogisht. Targeting T'Challas origin story trying to take that away and give it to Shuri instead.
    Completely unoriginal and proves how lazy Marvel is when trying to push characters to be more important than they actually need to be. Shuri has a role to fill and can get it s good origin story, I'd even argue to say that Coates change for her serves a decent enough origin that a skilled writer could iron out and improve. But what they have done in recent years is utterly stupid and they would never do this to other characters

have African superheroes outside of Wakanda been dealt with much at all? There needs to be a mini series that explores this. I'm drawing on memory of the Supreme Power series and the African metahumans who got a spotlight in some of the stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    have African superheroes outside of Wakanda been dealt with much at all? There needs to be a mini series that explores this. I'm drawing on memory of the Supreme Power series and the African metahumans who got a spotlight in some of the stories.
    Hmm... very few that I can think of. Monet st. Croix has an "Algerian Princess" as one of her ancestors, but most of her family is from Monaco. En Sabah Nur is from somewhere in the area of Egypt.

There's probably more... but... I'm really struggling here. There's a lot of characters like Storm who are..... not really from Africa. At best she has distant ancestors. Yeah, she was born in NY then somehow left in Africa as an orphan... Then you have Nekra who was born in the US SW then somehow moved to the jungle because she hated her parents.

It's rather weird just how few characters are actually from that continent.... outside Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmm... very few that I can think of. Monet st. Croix has an "Algerian Princess" as one of her ancestors, but most of her family is from Monaco. En Sabah Nur is from somewhere in the area of Egypt.

There's probably more... but... I'm really struggling here. There's a lot of characters like Storm who are..... not really from Africa. At best she has distant ancestors. Yeah, she was born in NY then somehow left in Africa as an orphan... Then you have Nekra who was born in the US SW then somehow moved to the jungle because she hated her parents.

It's rather weird just how few characters are actually from that continent.... outside Wakanda.
    Storm's mother was Kenyan, not Black American. Her father was a Black American aspiring photo-journalist.

Storm's place of birth has never been determined. We met her when she was 6 months old and her parents were returning to Africa for an overdue visit (I'm guessing, to show the African relatives the new baby). We can assume she was born in the US. Such children have automatic dual citizenship until the age of majority, at which point they must choose, officially, which country they're from.

Both her parents were killed in an explosion in Cairo. Orphaned there, she grew up on the streets of Cairo before returning to Kenya in her early teens as a "goddess." She only spent 6 months out of the womb in the US. She was in her early 20s when Xavier showed up.

During one of the 80s or 90s X-Men runs there were a couple issues where she went back again and met some of her relatives and the spirits of a couple of her ancestors.

She's definitely from Africa.

Idie Okonkwo aka Oya aka Temper is a nigerian mutant, one of the stars of the upcoming X-Men reboot.

Maggot, who I truly TRULY hate, is a South African mutant. Less said of him the better.

Chandra Ku was an 18th-century Zulu girl who has matter shaping abilities and was "adopted" by the Celestials along with several other humans from long ago. They were trained to use their abilities by deities from multiple pantheons and returned to Earth as the Young Gods. No one's seen them for a minute but she's called SPLICE nowadays.
    Last edited by Redjack; 03-30-2024 at 06:10 PM.

I see Marvel Rivals is using gold accents for the habit. Do you have any preference between the gold or silver accents?

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Storm's mother was Kenyan, not Black American. Her father was a Black American aspiring photo-journalist.
    Oh right, forgot about her mother.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    I see Marvel Rivals is using gold accents for the habit. Do you have any preference between the gold or silver accents?

The gold, they pop more. I miss how they shined in the Priest era

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    The gold, they pop more. I miss how they shined in the Priest era
    Yeah it's like, in the MCU for Instance while ot made sense thar T'Challa would want to be more subtle with the habit, the gold just has more eye catching.

Erika habit was way over designed and too busy, but the gold gives that Royal feel.

So ultimately, him having his CW habit with the gold accents, I definitely approve.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Chandra Ku was an 18th-century Zulu girl who has matter shaping abilities and was "adopted" by the Celestials along with several other humans from long ago. They were trained to use their abilities by deities from multiple pantheons and returned to Earth as the Young Gods. No one's seen them for a minute but she's called SPLICE nowadays.
    Didn’t the Eternals lobotomise and drown all the Young Gods back in Gaiman’s Eternals run?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post

I love the gold.

It pops and it's "regal".

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I love the gold.

It pops and it's "regal".
    feels more bronze to me, but that makes sense for T'challa

An additional video about Black Panther's feats has surfaced to join the others like it over the years.

Has anyone been paying attention to what is going on in McKay's Avengers? Anything noteworthy??

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Has anyone been paying attention to what is going on in McKay's Avengers? Anything noteworthy??
    T'Challa had a pretty great showing in today's issue.