Page 117 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 1985

I’m going to wait until tomorrow to read it but it sounds like I shouldn’t expect any action from T’Challa. I’m giving it until next issue before I take a break until something happens. It shouldn’t take potentially 4 or more issues/months to see what this T’Challa can do and after the last decade i don’t have the patience to wait and see. The story isn’t bad so far I just need to see T’Challa doing more
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 04-16-2024 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    say his name!!!! For bast sake just say tchalla somewhere
    "Have we talked about how much we love Wakanda yet?"

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    say his name!!!! For bast sake just say tchalla somewhere
    Right?! Like I don't give a flying F***I about Wakanda what so ever. If Im not playing as T'Challa I don't care. At this point it feels like they are trying to drag this out for as long as possible before they reveal it ISN'T T'Challa,ike they are trying to get early hype for the game

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I’m going to wait until tomorrow to read it but it sounds like I shouldn’t expect any action from T’Challa. I’m giving it until next issue before I take a break until something happens. It shouldn’t take potentially 4 or more issues/months to see what this T’Challa can do and after the last decade i don’t have the patience to wait and see. The story isn’t bad so far I just need to see T’Challa doing more
    I don't think it should take 3-4 issues to get action from the title character. Set up is fine, but it should be weaved into with the action. No one reads super hero comics to watch them NOT be fighting someone. Especially this early on

It definitely shouldn't take that long to see T'Challa in action. I like the series so far but I'm getting a bit impatient in regards to action. At this point I'm just ready for T'Challa to start punching some ****.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    I read the UBP #3 it’s a slow read setting up for the next event, you find out a few things about Killmonger storm is barely in the book, worth getting
    So this is what I call the filler episode comic book addition.

The Book is great so no complaints on my end

Incredible Member

This issue was great didn’t need any action it was very informative..

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    This issue was great didn’t need any action it was very informative..
    Yeah no I’ll determine that for myself tomorrow. A story about Wakanda at war there’s been very little of that. Redjack’s KiB story managed to show the warrior, leader, strategist, and tech genius side of T’Challa in a single issue meanwhile it’s looking like it’ll take Hill 5 or more issues to just show the warrior side of his character.

Incredible Member

Yeah no I’ll determine that for myself tomorrow. A story about Wakanda at war there’s been very little of that. Redjack’s KiB story managed to show the warrior, leader, strategist, and tech genius side of T’Challa in a single issue meanwhile it’s looking like it’ll take Hill 5 or more issues to just show the warrior side of his character.
    Well it was a one shot ..

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Read it, its a pretty slowburn, introducing and setting up all the elements. Which with the recent solicits looks to be shaping up to spoilers:
    give T'Challa big a power-up with his new discoveries
    end of spoilers

I think the 1 month real time gimmick may be hampering some books more than others. Kinda messes the pacing cause a lot of stuff is happening offscreen.

Hopefully we start getting some action soon next issue.

I read the issue. Frankly it didn't need all the slow burn that it had, I needs action, far more than we have seen. I'm starting to lose interest here. I don't need to read about T'Challa "Not knowing anything" and needing to relearn everything he thought he knew.

I don't care for a version of T'Challa that's more MCU inspired instead of worldly and knowing more than just Wakanda. The issue wasn't bad, but given what we got in issue 1, and how fast it setup the set pieces and such, I expected more action taking place. I don't care about Eriks ideals or thoughts. He sound's too much like MCU Nakia.

The issue was fine by itself, but as a whole to the series? Not needed and as mentioned the time skips isn't doing it any favors. This 199% couldve achieved the same set up while having actual action. Hill needs to put it in gear and get going before people drop off due to lack of anything happening outside of talking and "educating" T'Challa

This issue didn’t really do it for me, not surprising since I expected as much ever since the solicit for it first came out. I’m not interested in seeing another T’Challa needing to be educated, had enough of that in the 616 and MCU. If Hill is going to be dragging his feet on the action then at the very least highlight some of the other traits that T’Challa has. Issues 1 & 2 made it clear that Shuri is the genius in this universe too and this issue showed she can punch holes through robots and best a former leader of the Dora. Meanwhile T’Challa hasn’t thrown a single punch and can’t handle getting shot at in armor and needed to be saved. The issue and the overall story isn’t bad it’s not that great either.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I read the issue. Frankly it didn't need all the slow burn that it had, I needs action, far more than we have seen. I'm starting to lose interest here. I don't need to read about T'Challa "Not knowing anything" and needing to relearn everything he thought he knew.

I don't care for a version of T'Challa that's more MCU inspired instead of worldly and knowing more than just Wakanda. The issue wasn't bad, but given what we got in issue 1, and how fast it setup the set pieces and such, I expected more action taking place. I don't care about Eriks ideals or thoughts. He sound's too much like MCU Nakia.

The issue was fine by itself, but as a whole to the series? Not needed and as mentioned the time skips isn't doing it any favors. This 199% couldve achieved the same set up while having actual action. Hill needs to put it in gear and get going before people drop off due to lack of anything happening outside of talking and "educating" T'Challa
    who are these people that’s going to drop off?

This is a Popular Tchalla title

All-New Member

A mid issue. While I appreciate that Hill's T'Challa isn't a whiny bitch or constantly being disrespected, he is falling into the other trap that writers have where T'Challa doesn't actively push the plot and is constant need of being "educated". Rather, ppl around him with stronger convictions are the plot movers and he's merely reactionary and gets pulled along. This was in large part the problem with Coogler's T'Challa and Hill's is following suit. 3 issues deep and the only combat we saw was T'Challa getting bodied by foot soldiers, yet by contrast we've established that Shuri is big brain, can one-punch a robot and can out fight the former leader of the Dora. Hill... What are we doing here?

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I just finished UBP #3 and its getting a bit tedious.

Not much happened in this issue beyond the reveal at the end.

This book and Hill's Blade are night and day in terms of approach. Blade hit the ground running and the first issue had him cutting up vampires left and right literally.

I'm not really interested in talk-fest books. That stuff works in some books but its not working here.